EQUIPMENT
Primary Receiver: VIP722K
Receiver #2: VIP612

Sep 27 Credit Card Payment -57.81
Oct 22 - Nov 21 dishHD Absolute With Locals 34.99
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 11.96
Leased Receiver Fee 7.00
Oct 07 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 3.86

We have all the channels we want, never watch SD, we can get 23 OTA channels @ better than 75% with attic antenna.

1 leased 722

Code:
DISH Network DVR Service Fee           5.98
SilverHD                              10.00
Fort Wayne IN Locals                   5.99
Leased Receiver Fee                    7.00
State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 1.68

Total                                 31.00
This in addition to the annual payment for Classic Silver. I'm also getting a $5/month credit for something I called to complain about a while back; don't remember what. So my actual total is $25.65/month.
So you just get locals in HD then? And that is on a ViP722 receiver with DVR. Can you pick up the locals with an antenna? If so you could save $30/month.

Remove DHPP and save yourself $6/month. Digiblur and I are doing that. You can add it back if you ever need it.

bebop,

I think your package called Absolute is the old term for the new ones called:
ClassicHD:Bronze/Silver/Gold?, correct?

Still new with Dish. This is only my 3rd bill from them. The billing is the only thing I not real happy with...it seems like each of my bills have different amounts on them each month...not talking about PPV or VOD, which is easy to figure out...talking about my regular monthly charges.

Monthly Charges:
Oct 12- Nov 11 Classic Silver 200 w DVR $57.99
HBO & Showtime $22.00
DHPP $5.99
DHPP Credit 5 of 9 -$5.99
HD & Platinum $10.00

Total $89.99
Other Charges & Credits
Sept 19 6 Mo Promo Credit 5 of 6 -$35.00

Taxes
Sept 27 State/Local $3.06

Total AutoPay $58.05

It still beats my old cable bill from Insight!
Ghpr13:)

bebop,

I think your package called Absolute is the old term for the new ones called:
ClassicHD:Bronze/Silver/Gold?, correct?
No. Mine is cheaper for all those together (minus one or two channels) and plus platinum (as it stands now).

tnsprin,

Do you receive the two credits b/c you have AEP?

I have 3 622's, so for AEP I have three DVR fees waved and 2 $7 lease fees. All the $5 fees (tv2, duo, or whatever they are now calling them) are waived. One of the receivers is connected via a phone line and wired ethernet but 2 are connected via DishComm to a Homeplug to my router. The one with the phone line cannot be seen by DishComm because of an older UPS.

I switched to HD+Platinum from GoldHD+Platinum just before the previous monthly cycle so a $12.66 credit for the GoldHd and 12.66 credit for Platinum then a new charge of $12.66 for HD+platinum.

Last edited:
Remove DHPP and save yourself $6/month. Digiblur and I are doing that. You can add it back if you ever need it.

I was just thinking about doing that this morning. My main reason for having it was because of the problems I have had with my 722 going out so often. Seems that every 6 months they have to send me a new one.

But won't they just add in a leased receiver fee if I drop the DHPP?

Here is mine

Does it look ok? Any better options for me?

LOL @ their credits/adjustments for the Center Ice package. I have no clue WTF they are doing with that.

My receivers. 1 leased 622, 1 purchased 722, and 1 purchased 211

StatementDish.jpg

I have a 722k( with ota module) and a 211k (with dvr software)My bill is the following:

67.99- Classic gold 250 with dvr/locals bundle
00.00- Cinemax 1 cent promo
10.00- hd + plat pack
--------------------

07.00 additional hd receiver
-----------------------------

03.00 dvr credit( through December)
10.00 loyalty credit
-------------------------------
05.94 tax
-------------------------------
77.93 total

So you just get locals in HD then? And that is on a ViP722 receiver with DVR. Can you pick up the locals with an antenna? If so you could save $30/month.

No, I get all of the Silver HD channels, plus my locals. I just didn't show my annual payment for the base Silver package.

I have a lot of trees between my house and the transmitters, so an antenna is iffy at best, especially when the wind blows.

Not sure where you're getting the $30/month savings. Even if I could get locals clean with an antenna, I'd only save $5.99 a month, and I'd lose the on-screen guide.

Here is mine

LOL @ their credits/adjustments for the Center Ice package. I have no clue WTF they are doing with that.

Thank you for posting that with the Center Ice confusion - I have that too but mine is even odder with 5 credits and 5 charges. I was concerned I was the only one the way the customer service reps are acting

I was just thinking about doing that this morning. My main reason for having it was because of the problems I have had with my 722 going out so often. Seems that every 6 months they have to send me a new one.

But won't they just add in a leased receiver fee if I drop the DHPP?
No they won't. Just look at Digiblur's bill on the first page of this thread.

No, I get all of the Silver HD channels, plus my locals. I just didn't show my annual payment for the base Silver package.

I have a lot of trees between my house and the transmitters, so an antenna is iffy at best, especially when the wind blows.

Not sure where you're getting the $30/month savings. Even if I could get locals clean with an antenna, I'd only save $5.99 a month, and I'd lose the on-screen guide.
My $30/month guess was based on my assumption (which you showed here is wrong). IE: you don't need Dish if you are just getting locals and can get them with an antenna.

Since this thread is regarding your bill and you left out the major portion of it, it was hard to tell what you have. What's the annual bill, or monthly equivalent?

Just got my new bill and they keep giving me a $22 credit for Showtime/HBO. I got more credits than months of the promo - probably due to calling/chat in every time they over-billed and complaining.

Attachments

• Bill.jpg
    Bill.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 202
722k, 211, 211 and 211k. All 211's are attached to an external hard drive to give me DVR functionality on all equipment. Bill is normally around $106 without the PPV.

Attachments

• dishbill.jpg
    dishbill.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 184

I have 2 -222's hooked to 4 tv's. Is theDishHD Absolute a better package? Is it still available?

Prep

ayments/Adjustments 20.96CR
DISH NETWODetail of DISH NETWORK SERVICES
Current Charges for
Description Amount
FROM 09/26/2009 TO 10/28/2009 10.96
HD & PLATINUM
FROM 09/29/2009 TO 10/28/2009 5.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP)
FROM 09/29/2009 TO 10/28/2009 7.00
DHA LEASED RECEIVER
FROM 09/29/2009 TO 10/28/2009 10.00
GOLDHD
FROM 09/29/2009 TO 10/28/2009 62.99
CLASSIC GOLD 250 WITH LOCALS
Current Charges 96.94
Prepayments/Adjustments for
Description Amount
FROM 09/09/2009 10.00CR
CLASSIC GOLD 250 WITH LOCALS
FROM 09/26/2009 TO 10/28/2009 10.96CR
RK SERVICES Taxes & Surcharges
STATE/LOCAL TAXES 6.38
STATE/LOCAL TAXES ADJUSTMENTS .80CR
Taxes & Surcharges 5.58
DISH NETWORK SERVICES DISCOUNTS for
FROM 09/22/2009 5.00CR
BUNDLE DISCOUNT
Total Discounts 5.00CR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)