---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 145.24

I'm bundled with at&t...

Classic Gold
HD
2 DVR's (722's)

picture.php

mike,
Thanks for clarifying the question I had about the AEP, DVR fees, and lease fees. I see from your invoice that the $5.99 fee is not there but AEP is.

My invoice may have charges you can comment on: (I have two 722 receivers)

Classic Silver 200 w/DVR $57.99

Classic Gold $10.00

GoldHD $10.00

DVR Receiver $12.00

Any suggestions on these specific charges?
Thanks

Your 200 w/DVR covers your first 722 (the standard packages cover 1 receiver charge, and the DVR fee is rolled in on this one for the 722 also).

Your second 722 lease + DVR fee is $12 saving you 98 cents.

The only thing I see you might try is to get the platinum HD package added for free now (Gold + Plat for $10 instead of just Gold for $10).

I have a 722 primary and a 622 secondary both are leased DVR's but I'm only charged for one since the 722 was a complimentary upgrade from an owned 921.

I have Playboy too but it was never listed. Used to have everything listed a la carte but they updated the bill last year and the total for AEP was the same as the totals for all the line items including locals.

Taxes are higher here in Jacksonville, FL because Comcast got the local government to tax DishNetwork and Direct TV customers if we didn't sub to Comcast.

Attachments

• DishBill.jpg
    DishBill.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 251
I have a 722 primary and a 622 secondary both are leased DVR's but I'm only charged for one since the 722 was a complimentary upgrade from an owned 921.

I have Playboy too but it was never listed. Used to have everything listed a la carte but they updated the bill last year and the total for AEP was the same as the totals for all the line items including locals.

Taxes are higher here in Jacksonville, FL because Comcast got the local government to tax DishNetwork and Direct TV customers if we didn't sub to Comcast.
Looks like you are still getting dinged for platinum HD while most everyone else isn't. You should see if you can get the fee dropped, unless there is something I am missing.

You are only charged for one receiver monthly fee because the fee for the first fee is built into the monthly package and you have 2 total (it doesn't have to do with the upgrade you mentioned).

Those taxes are horrid!

Thanks about the HD fee, I saw Scott's advisory on that but failed to make the call. I need to put it on my things to do list. Thanks for the reminder. What I don't understand is the lease fee. Originally, I had no fee like this, but always had the AEP. Then I added the 622 as a lease to the 921 I had as an "owned". I was charged the $7 fee for one lease receiver (622). The 722 was sent to me without charge and never a lease fee since I told them it was to replace an owned DVR and I did not request it. I'm sure it had to do with either the MP2 to MP4 or the TIVO issue, or both. Anyway, if what you say is true, I should get a discount of $7 off my AEP if I owned my receivers, right? WEell, no thanks. History tells me the $7 fee is cheap compared to what I have spent in the past for DVR's. That would be far more months of $7 fees than the life of those units. Ownership of Dish equipment is not fiscally smart.

I think there has been some talk about the pros and cons of owning your own receiver, and many seem to agree that owning doesn't give you that much of an advantage - especially in light of the monthly receiver fee. I don't understand it all, but then I don't have more than one receiver so I've never tried to figure it all out.

I doubt you'll get the discount, but it's worth understanding how the process works so you know that your bill is accurate (or at least the same as most everyone else).

Cheers!

I think there has been some talk about the pros and cons of owning your own receiver, and many seem to agree that owning doesn't give you that much of an advantage - especially in light of the monthly receiver fee. I don't understand it all, but then I don't have more than one receiver so I've never tried to figure it all out.

I doubt you'll get the discount, but it's worth understanding how the process works so you know that your bill is accurate (or at least the same as most everyone else).

Cheers!

Owned receivers no longer have advantages. It used to be of course you had to buy everything, nothing was leased. Then they started leasing to new customers only.

Finally they started to lease to existing customers. It was still a trade off when the program first started because they would not let existing customers get the new boxes at first, and then they had an extra fee plus the receiver fee. Eventually it fell into line with a similar deal that new customers got, so now there is little reason to buy unless you have too many TVs and they will not least the extra ones to you (some long time customers have managed to pass the 4 lease limit).

Of course if you buy you do not have to get a commitment.

Monthly Charges
dishHD Absolute With Locals 34.99
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -10.00
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment - 5.00
dishHD Absolute With - Adjustment -11.00
HBO & Showtime 22.00
3 MO Premium Discount -7.45
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 11.96
DISH Network DVR Service - Adjustment -6.00
DHA Leased Receiver 7.00 _____________
Monthly Total $36.50

I also get Cinemax for 1 cent a year. It's not listed for some reason.

With the Charlie Chat coming up on Monday, I wonder if any of the call-in's or emails will mention the $10 Platinum HD charge still being applied to customers. I would like to see the boys state it clearly that this charge should not be applied anymore.. Most likely they will just stay mum about it or claim ignorance. :mad:

Here's my bill. I have a 622 and a 612 receiver. Shouldn't the 5.99 for locals be included with the classic silver? Also how are people getting that loyalty offer?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 211
OMG! 100 dollars for TV.

Get rid of the HD packages and save!!! I will never pay for HD unless every single channel is HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)