Post your Sprint 4G Speedtest

Yea, wait till your battery life takes a nose dive..I'm no 4G expert, but I do not hear good things about it as far as the battery goes.

riffjim4069 said:
I am 20 miles northeast of dallas and the 4g network barely registers in my neighborhood. In fact, I keep 4g turned off unless I'm driving to the city since the speed is notmuch faster.

Are u near Frisco? I have some family there that were thinking in getting the EVO and 4G

I am just happy to have at least 300-400 down. We used to be on Alltels leased 3g but in July Sprint rolled out their own...it has been horrible. They decided to only run one T1 to each tower. C'mon who planned that on the tower that covers all the state offices downtown.

I figure we will get 4g when 5g is starting to roll out. An hour west of me Sprint is still 2g in that entire market. Not a lot of Sprint folks around here due to the shoestring network...they are stuck in th viscious cycle of no subs...no money for networ upgrades...no money to bring in subs. Rinse and repeat.

The 3g in Lafayette is very similar to the 3g I get here in Houston. When I went "home" last month, I was getting 1.0-1.1Mb/s downstream in Lafayette. Maybe they'll bring Baton Rouge up to par. Also, FWIW, from Alexandria to Natchitoches, Sprint phones are getting 3g service from the Verizon (former Alltel) network like they did in BR. Decent speeds but high latency. Back to 1x once you get near Shreveport on I-49.

Yea, wait till your battery life takes a nose dive..I'm no 4G expert, but I do not hear good things about it as far as the battery goes.
All the smart phones suck battery...that's why I keep a charger at home, at work and in the vehicle. If I need my phone to last all day I simply turn-off GPS, Wi-Fi and BlueTooth if I am not using them - the same goes for 4G. As far as I am concerned, it is unrealistic for people to surf the net at broadband speeds...run a zillion apps in the background...have GPS track their every waking moment...and expect the battery to last all day.

Well, I WAS pretty happy with my download test from yesterday until you posted.
16322868.png

JAG72 said:
What stupid person would have said you won't see 10MB speeds out of Sprints 4G service? :eek: ;) :D

Yeap... i heard that. LoL
On the droid site sum are getting 11 and 12mb .... i get almost 7 with 2 bars... heck i might get 14 with full bars now

Yeap... i heard that. LoL
On the droid site sum are getting 11 and 12mb .... i get almost 7 with 2 bars... heck i might get 14 with full bars now
The other day while I was running speedtest on my EVO, I ran into a co-worker doing the same thing on his. I wonder how much 4G bandwidth is being consumed by new EVO/Epic customers testing their phones. LOL!

I've never been able to navigate the site that well on the phone. Perhaps my fingers are too fat or whatnot but I usually end up running tests from servers on the other side of the country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)