Posting 4DTV Generic combinations - Allowed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Guys, stop being too concerned about anybody scrambling just because of a few posts in a forum. Remember the only reason everything is not scrambled is simple........$$$$$$$$$! It costs them $ to use a scrambling system of any kind. They are propriatory and therefore a broadcaster must get a license to use them. The few dish-heads that might view stuff for free are simply not worth spending the big $'s !

If I ever get allowed into the WUT forum I'd be happy to share my findings in that particular forum. I'm new around this site and I don't want to rock the boat.

dougr said:
Guys, stop being too concerned about anybody scrambling just because of a few posts in a forum. Remember the only reason everything is not scrambled is simple........$$$$$$$$$! It costs them $ to use a scrambling system of any kind. They are propriatory and therefore a broadcaster must get a license to use them. The few dish-heads that might view stuff for free are simply not worth spending the big $'s !

You know not what you are talking about.

A few "dish heads" as you call them have caused many things to become scrambled. When was the last time you saw an ITC Paramount feed? Because of a few morons, who would record the shows and put them up on the internet, that feed is now gone.
There are many more stories like this.
If they are transmitting in a digital signal, encyrption doesn't cost any more money all they have to do is "flip a switch."

mkm4 said:
You know not what you are talking about.

A few "dish heads" as you call them have caused many things to become scrambled. When was the last time you saw an ITC Paramount feed? Because of a few morons, who would record the shows and put them up on the internet, that feed is now gone.
There are many more stories like this.
If they are transmitting in a digital signal, encyrption doesn't cost any more money all they have to do is "flip a switch."

I agree.

Our Hobby

I have to agree with Iceberg, that when we post feeds, this can get them scrambled. Now i do realize that engineers, program providers, and all their tech staff members do know that "someone" can potentially pick up their feeds when they are in the clear. In fact a friend of mine at our local tv station said that they know it will happen somewhere sometime.

Scrambling from his perspective is not just to keep a few thousand dish-heads with back yard dishes from picking up the signal, but to keep crooked cable companies from stealing programming and selling it to consumers for 100% profit because they are not paying the programmers and station owners for their content.

I know for a fact that their are "powers that be" who view this site and our posts.
this could only aid in getting the scramblers turned on when we post something we find. This site has grown quite large, and is quite popular. Remeber not just members can view the open forums.

I am sure the webmaster could show you quite an impressive IP address log if he wanted to.

I even think posting some feeds in the WUT area is risky simply for the fact that you don't really know who is truely trustworthy.

Good luck and have fun:)

Your right - I am wrong!!

I did some research into the standards and found evidence that GI took the strategy to opt for free distribution of encryption hardware without a license. Sorry........! I guess they felt that aproach would grab them the most cash. Will try to look before I leap next time!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts