Powerline Adapter Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

volntitan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
(I originally posted this in the general forum...realized better served here)

Hey folks...

Setting up a way for my father to watch Directv On Demand. Problem is his box is on the far opposite side of the house than the wireless router and in a cabinet. So I thought the way to go were these Powerline Adapters. Don't want anything complicated. He has a large credit with them so wanted to use Amazon instead of going thru Directv.

Which ones have been known to be easy to setup and reliable? Amazon carries the netgear, actiontec, etc. Any suggestions would be great....

How easy is it to set up? Do you have to run it thru software and a computer?

All you have to do is plug each adapter straight to the outlet, not to any power strip, and that's it.

this would be good enough 2 Netgear XE102 Ethernet AC Powerline Bridge - eBay (item 180323932855 end time Jan-29-09 16:37:37 PST)

i actually have this kit laying around since I no longer need it. I used it for the same reason you need it and it worked great. they're cheap. they have other models available with more Mbps if you wish. hope this helps

You don''t want the XE102. It is only 14 Mbps, which might work with On Demand, but not Media Share, Directv2pc or MRV (which isn't there yet). Go with 85 or 200 Mbps adapters. Remember that the speed you get will only be around half the advertised rate.

You don''t want the XE102. It is only 14 Mbps, which might work with On Demand, but not Media Share, Directv2pc or MRV (which isn't there yet). Go with 85 or 200 Mbps adapters. Remember that the speed you get will only be around half the advertised rate.

my 200mbps adapters are actually running at 75 to 80mbps. i need to figure out how to better this

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)