Powermax SG9120 not working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CoolJoe

Original poster
Dec 4, 2015
Kansas
My motor is stuck in the most west position and it will only come east a few inches then stop,I have only 1 button that controls E-W movement,I press the button twice then hold and it moves east a little then stops,then press the button once and hold and it goes full west and stops,I checked my voltage at the reciever and at the motor,14.8 volts so no interuptions between reciever and motor,the light on the motor stays red or blinks sometimes,can this motor be reset somehow or is it a boat anchor?
What do you think?

It has overrun the limit switch. If you can open it up and reposition the main shaft temporarily to get it back across the limit switch. or disable the switch so it will move across it.

Reactions: KE4EST
You are exactly right!
I took it apart and losened the motor bolts and lifted the motor off the jack screw and got it turned around,I found the reset button also and reset the thing and it seems to work again..thanks for the help!

Reactions: Magic Static
I had to remove the motor from its position on the pole and now Im having a hard time hitting Galaxy 19 or any other satellite,its a PITA running back and forth from dish to inside the house to see if I have a signal,any easier way to locate a satellite?

I had to remove the motor from its position on the pole and now Im having a hard time hitting Galaxy 19 or any other satellite,its a PITA running back and forth from dish to inside the house to see if I have a signal,any easier way to locate a satellite?
Most everybody when starting out with FTA will take the receiver and TV out to the dish so it is not that far ;)

Reactions: KE4EST
It would be hard to drag a 50 in.flat screen outside.
How about one of those $10 satellite finders off fleabay do they work?
Never tried one of those cheap signal finders. I couldn't take my big screen out either so I bought a little 7" Haier TV for $50 and when I got serious about this I invested in some quality and bought an AI TurboS2 meter.

its a PITA running back and forth from dish to inside the house to see if I have a signal,any easier way to locate a satellite?

Select a music channel on your TV; have a phone at your TV and a phone at your dish, and you can hear if you receive the wanted satellite.
For fine-tuning this doesn't work, however :(

For finetuning you need a computer-camera pointed at your signal-quality bar and a skype-connection to a laptop or tablet computer at your dish. Skype has a delay time, so you'll have to be sloooowwwwwww. :coco

Greetz,
A33

I ordered a meter off fleabay for $5
simple and no bells and whistles,I really only need it one time or so,I will post when I get it and try it out.

I got my satellite finder meter off fleabay a few days ago and just now tried it out,I was not out there 5 minutes and had galaxy 19 tuned in,this $5 meter worked like a charm!
I came in did a blind scan on my Geosat pro and WALLA..got lots of channels with 80% signal...I couldnt be more happy with the meter and reciever!

Attachments

• 20160723_144903.jpg
    20160723_144903.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 110
Reactions: FTA4PA
I got my satellite finder meter off fleabay a few days ago and just now tried it out,I was not out there 5 minutes and had galaxy 19 tuned in,this $5 meter worked like a charm!
I came in did a blind scan on my Geosat pro and WALLA..got lots of channels with 80% signal...I couldnt be more happy with the meter and reciever!
Glad to hear that worked for you! :)

It's a nice feeling to have those channels back! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)