PowerVu Model D9850 Program Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tridom

Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
North America
Thanks for the feedback on this site, it has been helpful. It is a shame thought that BBC World News is not distributed throughout the U.S., and only available via Verizon FiOS and Bell TV and Star Choice (Canada). With BBC World News being encrypted with the Powervu+, will the Cisco PowerVu Model D9850 Program Receiver be sufficient to decode this channel? I am only familiar with the Video Cipher II technology and any help with trying to get the BBC would be greatly appreciated. Getting it from the source is the best. Also, is this channel in PAL or NTSC coming from London?

I'm not really sure what the difference between PowerVu and PowerVu+ is (if there is one). The data sheets for all the PowerVu receivers, even the newest ones, don't mention PowerVu+, they just say PowerVu.

I tried my 9850 on BBC World News and it does lock, and I get the "authorization key required" message, so I assume the 9850 should be able to decode it.

The channel looks like NTSC if my receiver's info is to be believed. It shouldn't matter anyway because you can set the 9850 to output in either NTSC or PAL.

I would try to contact BBC and ask what the "monthly" fee would be to get the Powervu box authorized.

The worst they are going to tell you is they wont do it.

The best case is they will send you some paper work.

Maybe I will do it myself, its something I wanted to know for awhile.

Your D9850 should be fine for decoding it. Authorization will be the tough part. You have to contact them and ask them. I don't yet subscribe to any powervu channels and use my two D9850s for DW-TV and PBS HD01 and HD02 in FTA mode.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)