PR lost 2 HD channels

Also, I still don't get the new ones from 4936 up, even after a reset.

Are they made available immediately to everyone, or do I have to wait till tomorrow?

Can anyone confirm if these new HD channels are shown in your guide?

Hi people

Here at my home and still not seeing changes in my programming reflecting new channels for PR. Still have same HD's and allready did a check switch and also a hard reset with still no change. Still have channel lineup going from 4900 to 4935 but I notice that I no longer have Green or CI on the PR channel range and that they moved WGN form 110 to 119. What may be happening?

Hi people

Here at my home and still not seeing changes in my programming reflecting new channels for PR. Still have same HD's and allready did a check switch and also a hard reset with still no change. Still have channel lineup going from 4900 to 4935 but I notice that I no longer have Green or CI on the PR channel range and that they moved WGN form 110 to 119. What may be happening?

Thanks rdavidowski, at least I know I am alone, although "mal de muchos no es consuelo de pocos" :(. I will wait for reports from someone that have the channels, and will not mess with resets and switches no more....

Here is the Explanation from one of my friends that works in a retailer I just spoke with him now.
The PR HD package will be free until december but the new HD channels we are going to have to pay for them

For Example I you have the american top 200 and want the new NFL Newtork and all of the HD for that package you have to pay for 38 HD channels 9.99

Top 120 26 HD channels 9.99

Everything 48 HD 9.99

And on June 3 if you want to have new hd you have to cancel the free PR HD pack to get to new ones of your package!

According to the uplink. Green & CI only moved from TP 19 to TP 9.

4933 - CI [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 09 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Crime & Investigation Network HD)
4935 - GREEN [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 09 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Planet Green)

According to the uplink. Green & CI only moved from TP 19 to TP 9.

4933 - CI [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 09 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Crime & Investigation Network HD)
4935 - GREEN [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar11 110W TP 09 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Planet Green)

Yes but they are only showing a slate indicating that they are not longer available to PR. I don't understand why this info could not be made available before, and today they would not have been necessary to move the channels, just delete them...

anybody knows if HBO Latino will be avaliable for P.R.? and what is the offer for the premiun movies channels in HD

Here is the Explanation from one of my friends that works in a retailer I just spoke with him now.
The PR HD package will be free until december but the new HD channels we are going to have to pay for them

For Example I you have the american top 200 and want the new NFL Newtork and all of the HD for that package you have to pay for 38 HD channels 9.99

Top 120 26 HD channels 9.99

Everything 48 HD 9.99

And on June 3 if you want to have new hd you have to cancel the free PR HD pack to get to new ones of your package!

Hi nel
This just does not make sense!! (not that everything on Dish's mind do)
Questions:
1- First, why make all the noise with the new HD for PR if they won't be easily available to current customers?
2- I am paying for the HD PR pak right now, but receiving a credit, which was supposed to end on May. So, what is this info about the free HD ending in December? Did the promotion got extended without me knowing it? If this is not the case, then why force me to cancel, just charge me and let it be!
3- If that extension is the case, then, what will happen come January? Will everybody have to cancel their PR HD pak and pay for a new pack just to add 13 HD channels?
4- What is the name of the new PR pak?
5- Where can I read more official info on this?

Nel, these questions are not directed at you, nor do I expect you to know the answers to all of these. Maybe I am just ranting a bit, I was expecting some semblance of equality come June 3rd, but if this is true, it seems that Dish thinks that PR customers will embrace this new scheme as the "Super Platinum PR HD which delivers less HD than the normal HD in the states".

And what's the deal with GREEN and CI? They are already uplinked to satellites which are favorable to us. Why take them away?

I just hope your source is completely wrong. :)

Ok Neljtorres thanks for the info. This is a rip off from Dish to PR's costumers. How come everybody in the US (CONUS) is getting all "HD Free for Life" tomorow and only Platiunum is going to be charged $10.00; and then here we are going to be charged for a miserable amount of HD chanels compared to the rest of the Nation and get charged the same amount of money. Guess I am keeping my Platinum service even thoug I was hoping on getting BBC America HD today from the new PR lineup. I am not getting it because it is not on 61.5, it is up on 72.7 wish we don't get signal from it here. Hope this gets resolved with Echostar 15 pronto!!!!

I seriously had hi hopes for Dish service with this new bird, Echostar 14, but after all this wait this is a complete disapointment.

the only good news that i have with the new satellite is that now i have a better signal for SPEED Channel and for HBO Latino ,CI and Green still in 61.5 without problem

Jorge, Are you reciving the new channel lineup for PR? What is you account setup? Because I have America Everything with PR HD Pkg and HD + Platinum and I am not seeing any of the new channels for PR, meaning 4936 and up. The ones below 4935 still there with the exeption of CI and Green. And the other thing, how is that you are geting beter signal for HBO Latino when that channel is still coming of off sat 61.5 TP24. And for Speed unless you are already reciving the new lineup for PR, wish will explain the stronger signal, that channel I am still reciving it from 61.5 TP19 wish dosen't have great signal here in PR.

Hi nel
This just does not make sense!! (not that everything on Dish's mind do)
When they gave me this information last night I was pissed to!

Questions:
1- First, why make all the noise with the new HD for PR if they won't be easily available to current customers?
Answer Everybody new and od customers have the same problem the PR HD pack for free 31 until december ut the new ones that launch today 9.99

2- I am paying for the HD PR pak right now, but receiving a credit, which was supposed to end on May.

Answer You will continue with this credit until december.

So, what is this info about the free HD ending in December? Did the promotion got extended without me knowing it?

Answer They extendeed it in a retailer meeting in PR last week they will announce it today.

If this is not the case, then why force me to cancel, just charge me and let it be!
Answer They want us a to cancel the freebee and to start paying the 9.99

3- If that extension is the case, then, what will happen come January? Will everybody have to cancel their PR HD pak and pay for a new pack just to add 13 HD channels?

Answer Yes only the ones that are getting the free HD pack

4- What is the name of the new PR pak?
Answer I am waiting for Technoguy or TomP to give me that answer

5- Where can I read more official info on this?

Tecnico Satelite Puerto Rico
www.ftapuertorico.com
Dish still not have them posted yet!

Nel, these questions are not directed at you, nor do I expect you to know the answers to all of these. Maybe I am just ranting a bit, I was expecting some semblance of equality come June 3rd, but if this is true, it seems that Dish thinks that PR customers will embrace this new scheme as the "Super Platinum PR HD which delivers less HD than the normal HD in the states".

I feel the same here!

And what's the deal with GREEN and CI? They are already uplinked to satellites which are favorable to us. Why take them away?
Nobody knows man I called last night Techno and he was surprised as I was by your post and he will check on it!

I just hope your source is completely wrong. :)

Answer are in Top box

New HD Channels per package June 3 Depends on what package you have

Dish Latino II 23 Canales en HD
Dish Latino Max 39 Canales en HD
AT-120 26 Canales en HD
AT-200 38 Canales en HD
AT-250 45 Canales en HD

4 Canales Estelares en HD

DISH AMERICA all the HD with Local channels for $29.99

For a existing customer to get HD free for life you have 2 alternatives

Pay 99.00 client for new customers or existing customers or second option signed up for a 2 year contract with auto pay the only problem is if you sign up for 2 years and decided to cancel the contract you are to get 240 in penalties and charges to your credit card

Or cancel the PR HD pack and start paying the 9.99 HD package that you have

Last edited:
Ok Neljtorres thanks for the info. This is a rip off from Dish to PR's costumers. How come everybody in the US (CONUS) is getting all "HD Free for Life" tomorow and only Platiunum is going to be charged $10.00; and then here we are going to be charged for a miserable amount of HD chanels compared to the rest of the Nation and get charged the same amount of money. Guess I am keeping my Platinum service even thoug I was hoping on getting BBC America HD today from the new PR lineup. I am not getting it because it is not on 61.5, it is up on 72.7 wish we don't get signal from it here. Hope this gets resolved with Echostar 15 pronto!!!!

I seriously had hi hopes for Dish service with this new bird, Echostar 14, but after all this wait this is a complete disapointment.

We can get HD free and get th new channels for life 2 options pay 99.00 and get it for free or get a new contract for 2 years.

Or cancel the PR HD pack and start paying the 9.99 HD package that you have

Good Morning Neljtorres

Well Nel then I definitely have something going wrong here. I am paying already $9.99 for the PR HD Pkg and also paying $10.00 for the HD+Platinum Pkg, that's $19.99. And still I am not getting the new channels for PR. I have always paid for both HD Pkgs. Never called to get the free PR HD Pkg because I have the Conus Platinum Pkg also and did not want the CSR's messing with it. When I added NFL Redzone through a CSR they eliminated the Platinum Pkg and I was realy mad because he was not able to put Platinum back on. I had to go through a lot of trouble with the advance tech department to get that back. So I am hesitant to call any CSR to mess with the account now. But still if things are like you explain I should already be reciving the new HD channels starting at 4936 and up because I am paying $9.99 for the PR HD Pkg. And if this was working as you stated I would have E! HD and BBC America HD on my lineup, wish I don't get through Platinum because they are not on 61.5 sat. Any sugestions? Or anybody can report if they are getting the new channels?

Thanks

Good Morning Neljtorres

Well Nel then I definitely have something going wrong here. I am paying already $9.99 for the PR HD Pkg and also paying $10.00 for the HD+Platinum Pkg, that's $19.99. And still I am not getting the new channels for PR. I have always paid for both HD Pkgs. Never called to get the free PR HD Pkg because I have the Conus Platinum Pkg also and did not want the CSR's messing with it. When I added NFL Redzone through a CSR they eliminated the Platinum Pkg and I was realy mad because he was not able to put Platinum back on. I had to go through a lot of trouble with the advance tech department to get that back. So I am hesitant to call any CSR to mess with the account now. But still if things are like you explain I should already be reciving the new HD channels starting at 4936 and up because I am paying $9.99 for the PR HD Pkg. And if this was working as you stated I would have E! HD and BBC America HD on my lineup, wish I don't get through Platinum because they are not on 61.5 sat. Any sugestions? Or anybody can report if they are getting the new channels?

Thanks

I called this morning and they had to knock out the PR HD pack for Free to get The new one had to do it for NFL and Speed. And I got the channels and lost 2 channels

They are going to put HDMovies and HD Thearther in a new package and I lost them.

Got BBC, E! NFL, NBA, ABC Family, Speed TV and the others!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts