PR lost 2 HD channels

Nel do you have HD+Platinum on your account, to get the programing off 61.5. Or just the PR HD Pkg. Because I am hesitant to call Dish to do what you did in fear that they take my HD+Platinum off my account. Wondering if you made the change without affecting Platinum if you have it. Also what is the name of the new HD pkg that they assigned to you account for PR. Because like I explained I am already paying $9.99 for the PR HD service, have paperless billing and autopay but still no new hd channels.

Nel do you have HD+Platinum on your account, to get the programing off 61.5. Or just the PR HD Pkg. Because I am hesitant to call Dish to do what you did in fear that they take my HD+Platinum off my account. Wondering if you made the change without affecting Platinum if you have it. Also what is the name of the new HD pkg that they assigned to you account for PR. Because like I explained I am already paying $9.99 for the PR HD service, have paperless billing and autopay but still no new hd channels.

I'm subscribed to America's Everything + platinum and registered on the state of Florida, although I'm using my receiver in PR, I've had no change at all in the HD's I'm receiving from 61.5 so far (no new channels though). So, I guess they're messing with PR based accounts.

My point is, the channels are there, and they can be actually received in PR (for clients like you that have the 61.5 setup). why are they playing this game for PR subs?

Last edited:

I have the 61.5 and the ones here but I recommend you to call another day I called this morning at 6:00am and the CSR had no clue of what is happening also I talk to technoguy and he told me the same thing The CSR hardly don't now anything. After almost an hour and some supervisor from Dish that he is boricua he help me out and put me the new channels in and he kindly explained me about the loosing of those 4 channels CI, Green, HDmovies,HD Thearther to are going to put them in a Platinum Package. as soon as I get home I will tell you about the 61.5 channels. Patience my friend until these CSR start getting this new channels!

Its the HD Package for the Americans Top 200 package for the 9.99 and the paperless billing and everything else

Nel Sorry for bodering so much. Just to be clear, do you have HD+Platinum CONUS and also HD for PR pkg. on you account, similar to what I have? And would like to know, if you have the HD+Platinum, this morning when you called did they were able to keep both services on your account, meaning New PR HD Pkg + HD+Platinum? Still not sure to call today or any day if that means lossing HD+Platinum on my account. But on the other hand if I am able to keep both just like I have right now I don't mind paying as long as they provide the service that I want. Hell I am already paying for both.

Thanks for your help and patience

Nel Sorry for bodering so much. Just to be clear, do you have HD+Platinum CONUS and also HD for PR pkg. on you account, similar to what I have? And would like to know, if you have the HD+Platinum, this morning when you called did they were able to keep both services on your account, meaning New PR HD Pkg + HD+Platinum? Still not sure to call today or any day if that means lossing HD+Platinum on my account. But on the other hand if I am able to keep both just like I have right now I don't mind paying as long as they provide the service that I want. Hell I am already paying for both.

Thanks for your help and patience

Yeah I got your same setting you were the one that gave that Dish advanced number and I jump on it. At the afternoon I can tell you

Wel guys this is simple, we all wanted the same treatment as the Continental US, well we are getting it. You can't receive an HD channel that his SD counterpart is part on the package you have(AT120, 200, 250 or the latinos). So Dish extended the Free PR Package until the end of the year, for those who don't want to get the new package but you will miss some channels.
So you can get the new package for $10 or get the Free HD For life offer($99 or 2 year contract, autopay)

The channels won't be available without calling Dish, and as some of you stated the CSRs don't know yet what's going on.(Which is a shame, but this is not new). In my case I don't even have a PR HD Pack, all I have is the US Package so I'm not calling, two times my account has been ruined and I'm not going through that again.

So guys I've been bashing Dish for years, and for the 1st time in a long time I actually have a very good feeling about all this. PR subscribers have the opportunity to get all the 46 HD Channels for free. 2 year contract? everybody get a similar treatment for the Cell Phone Co's. The new sat for 61.5 is going to be launched soon so help is on the way. Finally we all can get Top receivers for free, as new subscribers. The Dish'n Up is available too for existing customers, and other offer for customers that cancelled the service.

rdavidowski said:
Jorge, Are you reciving the new channel lineup for PR? What is you account setup? Because I have America Everything with PR HD Pkg and HD + Platinum and I am not seeing any of the new channels for PR, meaning 4936 and up. The ones below 4935 still there with the exeption of CI and Green. And the other thing, how is that you are geting beter signal for HBO Latino when that channel is still coming of off sat 61.5 TP24. And for Speed unless you are already reciving the new lineup for PR, wish will explain the stronger signal, that channel I am still reciving it from 61.5 TP19 wish dosen't have great signal here in PR.

Sorry to answer late; I have the us package(my billing address is in NJ) but yesterday and early this mourning I was able to watch SPEED and HBO Latino ; I allways have problem to watch this channels;still FSN E! BBC America are not show even that I reset the box and I have the American everthing pack; at this moment I am in a wait and see because I don't want to call Dish and some CSR screw my package
The signal for this two channels was from the 61.5 but this morning I was unable to verify from what satellite was the signal(I was running late to work)

Last edited:
Sorry to answer late; I have the us package(my billing address is in NJ) but yesterday and early this mourning I was able to watch SPEED and HBO Latino ; I allways have problem to watch this channels;still FSN E! BBC America are not show even that I reset the box and I have the American everthing pack; at this moment I am in a wait and see because I don't want to call Dish and some CSR screw my package
The signal for this two channels was from the 61.5 but this morning I was unable to verify from what satellite was the signal(I was running late to work)

dude If you have a subscription from another state you should not be having any abnormality other than the usual 61.5 issues that its been happening.
(read this other thread)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/215364-61-5-possessed-time-ea-help.html

I also got my service address outside Puerto Rico and using the receiver here (in PR), and I don't see any changes in lineup.

Wel guys this is simple, we all wanted the same treatment as the Continental US, well we are getting it. You can't receive an HD channel that his SD counterpart is part on the package you have(AT120, 200, 250 or the latinos). So Dish extended the Free PR Package until the end of the year, for those who don't want to get the new package but you will miss some channels.
So you can get the new package for $10 or get the Free HD For life offer($99 or 2 year contract, autopay)

The channels won't be available without calling Dish, and as some of you stated the CSRs don't know yet what's going on.(Which is a shame, but this is not new). In my case I don't even have a PR HD Pack, all I have is the US Package so I'm not calling, two times my account has been ruined and I'm not going through that again.

So guys I've been bashing Dish for years, and for the 1st time in a long time I actually have a very good feeling about all this. PR subscribers have the opportunity to get all the 46 HD Channels for free. 2 year contract? everybody get a similar treatment for the Cell Phone Co's. The new sat for 61.5 is going to be launched soon so help is on the way. Finally we all can get Top receivers for free, as new subscribers. The Dish'n Up is available too for existing customers, and other offer for customers that cancelled the service.

Hi Tom
Let me respectfully disagree.

First, like you, I also had a very good feeling on what I thought would be some resemblance of parity with the CONUS once this day came around. But that was completely shattered with the actual implementation. If they had added the HD channels to our existing pak, things would still not be equal, but they would be just great i my opinion. But that was not the case.

Please refer to the table I am attaching in order to follow my explanation. And please correct me if I am wrong or there's something I have not understand of all this mess.

The table goes as follows: Right now there are 80 HD channels (not counting premium movie channels, PPV, etc.). Of those, we can only receive (without recurring to the US Platinum) 47:
80 available, 47 that we can subscribe to. So far, no parity in this equation.

From those 47, only 30 are on an equal basis with CONUS (28 "free" both in the US and PR, 2 as part of a Platinum Pack (if CI and HDNMV are made available as a Platinum Pak for PR).

The other 17 are only made available if we drop our free pak and pay $9.99.

Summary so far: US can receive 45 FREE HD channels; PR- only 28.

If we add the free HD US can receive and is not available to PR:
US can receive 69 FREE HD channels; PR, only 28!!
(66 vs 28 if we discount the Univision, Galavision and Telefutura, but that discussion is for some other time....)

And finally we have the 9 US Platinum channels we cannot receive. So if US customers pay $10 for their HD programming, they get 80 channels. If we pay $10 for our HD programming, we get 47 (assuming we can keep GREEN, CI, HDTheater and HDNMV, if not, we get only 43).

So, Tom, maybe I am missing something, let's face it, Dish is specially adept at confusing customers, but I cannot see the equality in this scenario.

Now, there are 19 of those "not available to PR" channels, which are already (or soon will be) uplinked to 110 or 119 and spotbeamed to AK/HW. If we could get those, we would be closer......

And let's not talk about the premium movie chs in 61.5...

Sorry about the long post. Tom, if I am wrong, please let me know...

Attachments

• TablaHDUSvsPR.jpg
    TablaHDUSvsPR.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 162
TO GET MOST PREMIUM channels in HD is the reason I signed up with Dish. Movies.

People in PR pay the same for premium channels as other states, but PR does not get the HD; getting anything less for the same price is a scam. I believe PR lineup has like only 3 premium channels in HD (I think). and no platinum ( I thinK) this may change now, I don't know.

but up to now, getting premium channels its all a rip-off to PR subs.

and what up with DISH urging eastern US clients to move from 61.5 to full EA, because of the soon shut off of HD service there in 61.5, if they are launching a new satellite for that location? I dont get it. But it does not appears to be very promising. I hope I'm wrong.

dude If you have a subscription from another state you should not be having any abnormality other than the usual 61.5 issues that its been happening.
(read this other thread)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/215364-61-5-possessed-time-ea-help.html

I also got my service address outside Puerto Rico and using the receiver here (in PR), and I don't see any changes in lineup.
you are correct the only change that i have is that sometime i can watch the SPEED and HBO Latino but now is 6:43pm and i have the same signal problem.the only thing that i have interest is to get FSN and BBC America but i will keep my us address; i agree with you opinion Dish still playing games with us; one question do you have the HD networks from american direct? because i try to subscribe but i think they out of business

you are correct the only change that i have is that sometime i can watch the SPEED and HBO Latino but now is 6:43pm and i have the same signal problem.the only thing that i have interest is to get FSN and BBC America but i will keep my us address; i agree with you opinion Dish still playing games with us; one question do you have the HD networks from american direct? because i try to subscribe but i think they out of business

Ok Dude...... The info I'm explaining here is all over the forum, a quick search could ease, but I will help:

Current satellite at 61.5 can no longer hold any more HD channels. and I believe they're shutting it down. Any additional new HD channels ( BBC HD etc..) are being added to 72.5 for east US subscribers (like you and me) they have this very clear in their newsletter.

PR receivers cannot point to this 72.5 satellite ( that is part of the EasterN Arc --> and please read this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/209131-eastern-arc-puerto-rico.html) because signal is very fringe here and won't be possible until someone comes up with a probable solution, again needed for people like you and me.

DISH is migrating all east subscribers to this EasterN Arc satellites. So is imminent we (YOU AND ME) will lose our HD lineup on 61.5, and we will not receive any other new HD channel until further notice, OR IF they really put a bird back on there with all existing and NEW HD content (which will probably happen as some people say, but as of today june 3rd 2010, their actions don't make sense on that) .

for direct networks : https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/customer.php

Last edited:
Ok Nel I called Dish and after explaining my particular situation to him and telling him to be careful not to take out the HD+Platinum. He consulted with someone and came back explaining that even if I had not called eventualy they are going to be rolling the HD Pkg on my account to HD Free for Life and that the channels missing will be added within a day or two. He explained that they were having some issues with those channels being added to the accounts. He did not do any change and suggested me to wait 24 to 48 hours and then if not to call back.

Ok Nel I called Dish and after explaining my particular situation to him and telling him to be careful not to take out the HD+Platinum. He consulted with someone and came back explaining that even if I had not called eventualy they are going to be rolling the HD Pkg on my account to HD Free for Life and that the channels missing will be added within a day or two. He explained that they were having some issues with those channels being added to the accounts. He did not do any change and suggested me to wait 24 to 48 hours and then if not to call back.

If I undertand you correctly, those are great news. So we just have to wait and eventually they will appear, right? That would be the correct thing for Dish to do.
Now I will have to make all those changes to the table I prepared before. ;)
Obviously we will just have to wait and see if the CSR was right or not....

Hi Ljdonato yes I am with you I seriosly take what that CSR told me with a grain of salt. Nothing with Dish is that easy. But I am going to give them the benefit of the dought. But still remember that I have both Pkgs and pay for each of them already don't know if what he said applied to me in particular or to everybody in PR in general or is just simply a bluff.

Well
The only thing I can tell you with the info we got from a meeting with DN last week is Nel info is correct,if you want the new channels there won't be in the PR HD pack period,PR Hd pack will be free until December,in order to get the new channels you need to subscribe to the Hd for life ,pay the $99.00 upgrade or pay the $ 10.00 monthly.this info came directly from them so the people who were there like tom my self and others heard the same thing,regarding Green and CI no one from corporate have come with a straight forward answer of why they did that with out notice, but this is not a surprise coming from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts