PR lost 2 HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi technoguy

I am pretty sure that you are 100% correct. I am just relaying what the CSR told me. But my dought or maybe hope with what the CSR told me, comes from the fact that I am already paying the $10 bucks that you are explaing that are needed to be paid to get the new pkg. I never called to get PR HD Pkg for free, I kept paying the $9.99 for the pkg all this time.

Hi technoguy

I am pretty sure that you are 100% correct. I am just relaying what the CSR told me. But my dought or maybe hope with what the CSR told me, comes from the fact that I am already paying the $10 bucks that you are explaing that are needed to be paid to get the new pkg. I never called to get PR HD Pkg for free, I kept paying the $9.99 for the pkg all this time.

I believe you situation was that you had the old Hd pack( 6 ch or so) and when they developed the new HD pack you were grandfather to this pack but only new costumers from the 2009 3 quarter (august 1 2009) were offer for free until may.

Last edited:
Ok. Techno. But by this, then you think that I have to insist on them doing something to add the new programing and not take what the CSR told for the truth or should I wait like the CSR told me? And yes you are right I had HD Pkg before 3rd quarter of 2009.

Ok. Techno. But by this, then you think that I have to insist on them doing something to add the new programing and not take what the CSR told for the truth or should I wait like the CSR told me? And yes you are right I had HD Pkg before 3rd quarter of 2009.

I think it won't hurt you wait a couple of days to see what happens. However I don't want to give you any hopes that those channels will pop up in the current pack,We're trying to get the most accurate info from DN directly an not from the regional managers because obviously they know jack about what's going on.As soon we get that info we promise you we will post it.

I don't know why Dish if the have a brand new satellite can't move all the Hd channels to that bird they treat us like a secondary class of customers ; like Nel Tolstoy us before we are short of 20 something channels compare to the guys in the us,and paying more

I don't know why Dish if the have a brand new satellite can't move all the Hd channels to that bird they treat us like a secondary class of customers ; like Nel Tolstoy us before we are short of 20 something channels compare to the guys in the us,and paying more

Hello Jorge
As far we know the plans are to deliver all the HD channels to every market they have,that include Ak ,HI and Puerto Rico,for that to happens we need to wait until the new sat (echo 15)lift off (July 10) and put it on service,We know that sat is designed to service Conus an PR markets,but you need a wind dish to 61.5w orbital area in order to get it.So we need to give some time to see how this will play out on august or September.

Hello Jorge
As far we know the plans are to deliver all the HD channels to every market they have,that include Ak ,HI and Puerto Rico,for that to happens we need to wait until the new sat (echo 15)lift off (July 10) and put it on service,We know that sat is designed to service Conus an PR markets,but you need a wind dish to 61.5w orbital area in order to get it.So we need to give some time to see how this will play out on august or September.

Techno
That is great news, and that is the right thing to do. Same service for same fee; the only thing we are asking for. But September feels like years from today :D

Hi technoguy

That's true I had to called them y "montar un llorado" for the 9.99 credit form august to May;)

But if you did not get the credit you were supposed to recieve them

Hello Jorge

Like Techno says let's wait to aug -sept and see! Man I have been with dish for over 10 years now When I got my first equipment I had to buy It from Technosat for 339 one dish 4.5 and 2 301. And Dish is trying to teach us equally they have tacking there time but at least they are getting there. I hope that Dish sells again the Distant Networks in the old days I had New York, Chicago and Los Angeles a mini NFL Package!

Good Day to Everyone!:)

Hi Tom
Let me respectfully disagree.

First, like you, I also had a very good feeling on what I thought would be some resemblance of parity with the CONUS once this day came around. But that was completely shattered with the actual implementation. If they had added the HD channels to our existing pak, things would still not be equal, but they would be just great i my opinion. But that was not the case.

Please refer to the table I am attaching in order to follow my explanation. And please correct me if I am wrong or there's something I have not understand of all this mess.

The table goes as follows: Right now there are 80 HD channels (not counting premium movie channels, PPV, etc.). Of those, we can only receive (without recurring to the US Platinum) 47:
80 available, 47 that we can subscribe to. So far, no parity in this equation.

From those 47, only 30 are on an equal basis with CONUS (28 "free" both in the US and PR, 2 as part of a Platinum Pack (if CI and HDNMV are made available as a Platinum Pak for PR).

The other 17 are only made available if we drop our free pak and pay $9.99.

Summary so far: US can receive 45 FREE HD channels; PR- only 28.

If we add the free HD US can receive and is not available to PR:
US can receive 69 FREE HD channels; PR, only 28!!
(66 vs 28 if we discount the Univision, Galavision and Telefutura, but that discussion is for some other time....)

And finally we have the 9 US Platinum channels we cannot receive. So if US customers pay $10 for their HD programming, they get 80 channels. If we pay $10 for our HD programming, we get 47 (assuming we can keep GREEN, CI, HDTheater and HDNMV, if not, we get only 43).

So, Tom, maybe I am missing something, let's face it, Dish is specially adept at confusing customers, but I cannot see the equality in this scenario.

Now, there are 19 of those "not available to PR" channels, which are already (or soon will be) uplinked to 110 or 119 and spotbeamed to AK/HW. If we could get those, we would be closer......

And let's not talk about the premium movie chs in 61.5...

Sorry about the long post. Tom, if I am wrong, please let me know...

Like I stated, I've been bashing Dish for years, specially for ruining my business after they took the ability to activate the HD Package(US) from us. I was making a lot of money on custom installations, I have a lot of customers and many of them still contact me on a regular basis. It was my way to keep up because the market here for Dish is over saturated in terms of sales persons and installers. Then EL TRUCO brought more "installers" to the picture.

So Dish finally have Corporate Presence here. We finally have a real alternative for small Dealers to get an antena "kit" where I don't have to loose money or take monye away from my comissions to offer a free tv solution. We can finally offer a Free HD-DVR and we finally have a real small one Dish solution.

So having said that, you are completely right Donato, Dish treat us different. Well it always been that way. We are getting Dish here since 1997 and it took them 13 years to have presence here. Also deliver all the HD channels here takes a ton of money and if they are not going to get their money back do yhou think that they are going to do it, return on investment.

In my opinion, if the customer is willing to pay additional money to get a certain package, well what's the problem. Dish started service in the island like that and stayed that way for years. Even a little cloud took certains transponder away. They keep saying that the 61.5 location will have a new sat, what's going to happen to the US customer that have signal problems with the Easter Arc. The only thing left is to wait for the new sat, and guys be carefull you may lose your US HD pAckage just to get BBC, a channel we get on SD anyway.

Forgot something, we used to receive Univision and Galavision here if we don't get them our local Univision is to blame. They went to the court and took those channels away from us (like I care anyway)becase the Novelas/Soap Operas are shown months before on the US based version.

Tom_P
I feel you. I have always defended the knowledgeable dealer and installer, with a serious commitment to his/her trade and customer. I also defend the hobbyist/DIY'er that takes time to read and instruct him/herself and knows the advantages and limits of what they are trying to accomplish. That's why I was pretty upset when unscrupulous persons began making crappy installations with small dishes pointed to 61.5, which eventually led to Dish deactivating the US HD pak for us.
So, amidst all this mess with the HD, I am happy for the corporate changes, with the benefits that it brings to serious dealers. And, maybe, they can get a better feeling of the PR market and bring the word to Charlie and things will get better here.

And you are completely right about the Univision fiasco...

Hi Nelson

This is Richard. I contacted the advance tech dptm to activate the new channels for PR and they told me they had no problem adding anything I wanted but adviced me to get someone I know that has the exact programming that I wanted so they did'nt ruined what I already have. Without giving out any confidential information on your account can you give me the exact names of the programing pakages you have after they added the new channels? I would appreciate this info because the guy told me it was going to be much easier if I gave him exactly the names of what I wanted, that way he makes sure he dosen't affect my current programming. This is my current setup:

Current Programming: America's Top 250
Premium Channels: HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz
International or A La Carte
Add-ons: No Sports, HD Pak, LatinoBonusw/Playboy, Multisport, HDPlatinum, HD 250 Free

Current Programming: America's Top 250
Premium Channels: HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz
International or A La Carte
Add-ons: No Sports, HD Pak, LatinoBonusw/Playboy, Multisport, HDPlatinum, HD 250 Free

off-topic ---> y0 I think you could save a couple of bucks if you bundle to American Everything + Latino bonus ( same channels you have) .

I had that one, but I even downgraded to Latino MAX (bundling latino extra$$$ + American channels into 200's something ) plus 4 premiums. dont give away your money to Dish! Just a thought :D

Hi Titanio

Yes you are right and that is what I have. I am just giving the detail of what I have in programing channels to Nelson, but yes all of that is bundled in Americas Everything + Latino Bonus. What I am looking for is not the bundling of packages for payment purposes, what I am looking for is what is programed into the account as channels go. Because I need to give this info to the guy in advance tech so he can do me the favor of setting up the new channels without taking of my Platinum Pkg. I have all of this on my PR account when it is not supposed to go that way. So I have to be careful making changes.

Puerto Rico HD programming options for current HD Pack customer

I have the old Puerto Rico HD Pack and I am paying $10.00 a month for it right now with the top 120 and locals.

Channels I have right now:

4900 Animal Planet HD
4901 Discovery HD
4902 History HD
4903 Cartoon Network HD
4904 Comedy Central HD
4905 Disney HD
4906 Disney XD HD
4907 Nickelodeon HD
4908 TNT
4909 USA
4910 A&E HD
4911 SYFY
4912 Bravo HD
4913 Food Network HD
4914 FX HD
4915 HGTV HD
4916 Lifetime HD
4917 Spike HD
4918 TBS HD
4919 HDTHR
4920 HDNET

4925 HDNMV
4926 MTV HD
4927 CNBC HD
4928 CNN HD
4929 The Weather Channel HD
4930 ESPN
4931 ESPN2 HD
4932 The Learning Channel (TLC) HD
*4933 CI - removed last week
4934 WGN
*4935 GREEN - removed last week

31 channels and 2 *removed last week

I was expecting additional channels added to my current account when Dish turned on the new 119 sat, but I was disappointed again by Dish.

Sometimes I help around the satelliteguys site with technical and/or software questions but this time, I am having trouble with the programming packages that Dish changed last week and it is time for me to ask for help.

I want to know my options for getting the new HD channels on the 119 spotbeams? Keep in mind that right now I am paying for the PR HD Pack $10.00/month. What am I going to lose if I upgrade to another package? Price, advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks in advance to all!

Great question. I see in The List Section (119 satellite, spotbeam B22- Puerto Rico), that they add hd channels how ABC Family, BET, E!, ESPN News, NBA TV, Nat Geo, Speed, Travel Channel, Palladia, and others. According The List, those channels are available.

I called Dish, but they don't know nothing (like always). I don't know if they true available or they will be later.

If someone know something to get those channels or had some information, please, give us light. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)