On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Who needs stinkin' practice? :D :D :D

Practice?

I mean, it's practice, right?

Practice?

Kevin McHale says I don't have to practice anyway.

Geez, already? The guy has been on team for what, 2-3 weeks?

Sandra

Fine him and that is it. NO ONE knows WHY he did not show up here nor has it has been stated as to WHY he didn't show up. So before we start knee jerk reactions to this....let's get all in the info first.

Fine him and that is it. NO ONE knows WHY he did not show up here nor has it has been stated as to WHY he didn't show up. So before we start knee jerk reactions to this....let's get all in the info first.
You're right, to him it's not a big deal. But to the rest of the team, who shows up on a holiday, who knows??

You're right, to him it's not a big deal. But to the rest of the team, who shows up on a holiday, who knows??

I am under the "assumption" that he just didn't show up. IF that is the case, he SHOULD be fined and ripped for it. But seeing that everyone has made a big issue of, I am sure he will use the media to explain his where about.

It was thanksgiving morning prep for ONE game. Who cares. Hey! maybe he will miss practice on Christmas Day too and then you can start an even more ridiculous thread. If thats the only problem that arises they should count themselves lucky.

It was thanksgiving morning prep for ONE game. Who cares. Hey! maybe he will miss practice on Christmas Day too and then you can start an even more ridiculous thread. If thats the only problem that arises they should count themselves lucky.

I'm not sure if I've ever read a more ridiculous post. So the player should decide what the practice is for, then decide if he should come? Really? What a joke.

The rest of his teammates managed to be at practice, Mr. Practice is the only one who blew it off.

Sandra

I'm not sure if I've ever read a more ridiculous post. So the player should decide what the practice is for, then decide if he should come? Really? What a joke.

The rest of his teammates managed to be at practice, Mr. Practice is the only one who blew it off.

Sandra
Evidently you think Iverson is the only basketball player to ever miss a practice in the regular season. The only reason this even made the news and trolls picked it up to slam him is because of his name. His famous practice missing escapade was in the playoffs years ago when it meant something. This however is beyond trivial. Personally I think Iverson is a cancer and a thug who graduated high school from the city jail in the city where I live but even I can see how ridiculous this thread is. If you want to post something meaningful then perhaps you might discuss how the teams leading scorers have had their production reduced since he joined the team, but a player missing ONE regular season practice on THANKSGIVING DAY hardly makes him a "problem"

Last edited:
I personally group Iverson into that A-Rod/TO group . . . great individual players; can beat most one on one, but cannot function or operate within a team. As a result, the team may win many, but does not win the big one!

I am under the "assumption" that he just didn't show up. IF that is the case, he SHOULD be fined and ripped for it. But seeing that everyone has made a big issue of, I am sure he will use the media to explain his where about.

Here's his explanation. I think he copied this from the Manny Ramirez excuse library.

"First of all, I have no excuses. I apologize to my teammates, first and foremost, the coaching staff, the organization and definitely our fans," Iverson said today. "It's something that shouldn't have happened and it won't happen again."

"It was a personal matter, but I just handled it the wrong way. I didn't call and let them know what was going on."

Iverson regrets missing practice | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

I enjoyed Robert Parish's "apology" when the sniffing dogs at the airport found a package containing half a pound of marijuana in his luggage. If you read it critically, all he was saying was that he was embarassed by having been caught and that he would do everything he could to make sure he didn't get caught again.

I personally group Iverson into that A-Rod/TO group . . . great individual players; can beat most one on one, but cannot function or operate within a team. As a result, the team may win many, but does not win the big one!
TO seems to be just fine with the Cowboys. he's been there how many years now? AS far as I can tell he has had nothing but praise for his QB even when fumbling away a playoff game a couple years ago. I think the eagles are just a different organization than Dallas. Jerry Jones seems to know how to handle large egos, none of which are bigger than his. Just imagine how many he had on the team in the 90's. To say that TO is not functioning with the cowboys is well... I cant say the word on this forum. Also laying the blame of a teams defeat in the playoffs on TO is well...the same word.

There ya go. He had a personal matter he had to attend to and he has not only apologized, but ADMITTED he handled it the wrong way. You didn't hear him say he will dispute the fine nor did you hear him say he will dispute the one game suspension.

Oops, you mis-quoted the story. He didn't say he had a personal matter he had to attend to, he said missing practice was a personal matter...which explains nothing. It could mean he just personally didn't want to go for all we know.

Sorry, but this story is priceless. Some MVP. Might Veto Practice.

All of his teammates were able to put their 'personal matter' regarding the practice aside...except, of course, for Iverson. The rest of the players who did show up will say the right thing publicly, but I'm sure they lost respect for their new 'leader'.

History does tend to repeat itself, no matter how many times you tell yourself it won't.

Sandra

Evidently you think Iverson is the only basketball player to ever miss a practice in the regular season. The only reason this even made the news and trolls picked it up to slam him is because of his name. His famous practice missing escapade was in the playoffs years ago when it meant something. This however is beyond trivial. Personally I think Iverson is a cancer and a thug who graduated high school from the city jail in the city where I live but even I can see how ridiculous this thread is. If you want to post something meaningful then perhaps you might discuss how the teams leading scorers have had their production reduced since he joined the team, but a player missing ONE regular season practice on THANKSGIVING DAY hardly makes him a "problem"

V,
It's only an issue, because , HE MADE IT ONE YEARS AGO.
Had the past not been done then this would NOT be an issue.

Also the fact that when he came to the team, the first thing he said,is he doesn't have a Championship and thats the only thing left for him, he WILL do ANYTHING the TEAM asks of him.

TO seems to be just fine with the Cowboys. he's been there how many years now? AS far as I can tell he has had nothing but praise for his QB even when fumbling away a playoff game a couple years ago. I think the eagles are just a different organization than Dallas. Jerry Jones seems to know how to handle large egos, none of which are bigger than his. Just imagine how many he had on the team in the 90's. To say that TO is not functioning with the cowboys is well... I cant say the word on this forum. Also laying the blame of a teams defeat in the playoffs on TO is well...the same word.

Good, but different point, Pac MAN is actually the lose cannon in Dallas.
I think had Romo been out much longer and the Cowboys continued to slide, TO would have become a major distraction, fortunatly for Dallas, Romo got healthy and all is starting to come together again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts