Practice???

Oops, you mis-quoted the story. He didn't say he had a personal matter he had to attend to, he said missing practice was a personal matter...which explains nothing. It could mean he just personally didn't want to go for all we know.

Sorry, but this story is priceless. Some MVP. Might Veto Practice.

All of his teammates were able to put their 'personal matter' regarding the practice aside...except, of course, for Iverson. The rest of the players who did show up will say the right thing publicly, but I'm sure they lost respect for their new 'leader'.

History does tend to repeat itself, no matter how many times you tell yourself it won't.

Sandra
Sorry Sandra,
Iverson is not and will NEVER be the Pistons LEADER .
Fortunatly, the Pistons still play as a team, with an individual trying to blend in.

The Pistons brass addressed the situation and moved on. Joe D met with him and I am sure this wont happen again, The structure and organzation of the Pistons wont allow issues to continue to happen. Its not like he is going to sign a long term deal after this season. The pistons dont get into long term deals. He is not the "leader" of the team.

No Marburry situation here....

Good, but different point, Pac MAN is actually the lose cannon in Dallas.
I think had Romo been out much longer and the Cowboys continued to slide, TO would have become a major distraction, fortunatly for Dallas, Romo got healthy and all is starting to come together again.
Pacman? who brought him into this? He was never a "star" like T.O, Deon Sanders, Charles Haley, Micheal Irvin or any or the 90's Cowboys that Jerry Jones has Dealt with. All ended up being very productive for Dallas. I think you underestimate TO's maturity here. He knows the situation very well and has no reason to rip the organization if Romo is Hurt. He's been hurt himself as a cowboy. Since joining the team I havent seen any bad behavior from him. I have seen a winner and a game breaker wanting the ball though. Unlike his biggest jealous critic Keyshawn Johnson (the original malcontent...didnt he write a book?) Keyshawn was also a cowboy who was nothing compared to the entire team. I also havent seen him demonstrating dropping his pants and rubbing his behind on a goal post ala Randy Moss.That was one of the most disrectful displays from a player I have ever seen in my 44 years on this planet. Never seen anything like that from TO yet he is always jumped on unmercifully for the slightest comment yet Moss is now some kind of saint because he plays for the Pats? Did I mention he hasnt written a book trashing his team? Hear that Keyshawn?

The point of that post which you failed to comprehend is that the Cowboy Organization is just so much bigger than any one players ego and will not be overpowered by one player unlike many other NFL teams. If TO didnt work out he would be replaced with another star and TO knows it. Jerry jones loves to spend money. Not the case in Philly. He was bigger than that entire organization and they replaced him with NOTHING. Similarly I do not think Iverson is bigger than the detroit Pistons. Dumars can handle him, his butt will be punted if he causes trouble.

Last edited:
V,
It's only an issue, because , HE MADE IT ONE YEARS AGO.
Had the past not been done then this would NOT be an issue.
You just repeated what I said in my post. But you like others are comparing apples and oranges. In one hand you have practice for a playoff game and in the other practice for a regular season game. There is no comparison. I just do not understand Sandra's obsession with trying to equate him to a Bonds or Marbury over this incident.

You just repeated what I said in my post. But you like others are comparing apples and oranges. In one hand you have practice for a playoff game and in the other practice for a regular season game. There is no comparison. I just do not understand Sandra's obsession with trying to equate him to a Bonds or Marbury over this incident.

The voice of reason. Thank you for that, Vurb.

Personally, I'll get concerned over this matter, if it happens a couple of more times. I'm sure Sandra never misses a day of work. Besides, doesn't everyone like working on Thanksgiving?:rolleyes:

Personally, I'll get concerned over this matter, if it happens a couple of more times. I'm sure Sandra never misses a day of work. Besides, doesn't everyone like working on Thanksgiving?:rolleyes:

With the "Discussion" A.I and Joe D had I dont think it will be occuring again....But who knows for sure, but I would be surpirsed, since Joe has been at the helm he has ran a pretty tight ship, even with sheed.

Talk about obsession... :rolleyes:

I never once mentioned Bonds or Marbury, so I'm not sure where you're pulling that from. Iverson is his own special case, unlike any other.

The fan-boy apologists here who make this seem like some kind of isolated incident they are "sure will never happen again" are very funny. This is not an isolated incident, it's happened before, some people here mentioned it when the trade happened, and it was guaranteed this would never happen with the Pistons. Well, it happened. Now we're being guaranteed it won't happen again. It's just too funny. Do you guys run banks? ;)

History almost always repeats itself.

Some people just want to believe what they want to believe...then they start quoting FACTS like the Pistons will make the playoffs and the Nuggets won't. Some fact.

And they really hate on people who don't go along with their fan-boy spin on things. Iverson is the one missing practice, and some are talking about me...:confused:

Sandra

Talk about obsession... :rolleyes:

I never once mentioned Bonds or Marbury, so I'm not sure where you're pulling that from. Iverson is his own special case, unlike any other.

The fan-boy apologists here who make this seem like some kind of isolated incident they are "sure will never happen again" are very funny. This is not an isolated incident, it's happened before, some people here mentioned it when the trade happened, and it was guaranteed this would never happen with the Pistons. Well, it happened. Now we're being guaranteed it won't happen again. It's just too funny. Do you guys run banks? ;)

History almost always repeats itself.

Some people just want to believe what they want to believe...then they start quoting FACTS like the Pistons will make the playoffs and the Nuggets won't. Some fact.

And they really hate on people who don't go along with their fan-boy spin on things. Iverson is the one missing practice, and some are talking about me...:confused:

Sandra

Interesting that you mentioned "quoting facts".....are you SURE that you know what happened in the locker room...are you SURE that his teammates "lost respect for him"....I mean you ARE quoting facts right?! You MUST know something we don't right??!!:rolleyes:

The FACT OF THE MATTER is, neither YOU nor anyone else in here knows WHY he missed the practice, HOW it was addressed and WHO supposedly "lost respect for him". No fan boy here, I have always been a long time '6ers fan....but once you leave the team, you are now the enemy. I will stick up for someone I dislike if they deserved to be....I will not let my bias judge for me.:rolleyes:

Interesting that you mentioned "quoting facts".....are you SURE that you know what happened in the locker room...are you SURE that his teammates "lost respect for him"....I mean you ARE quoting facts right?! You MUST know something we don't right??!!:rolleyes:

The FACT OF THE MATTER is, neither YOU nor anyone else in here knows WHY he missed the practice, HOW it was addressed and WHO supposedly "lost respect for him". No fan boy here, I have always been a long time '6ers fan....but once you leave the team, you are now the enemy. I will stick up for someone I dislike if they deserved to be....I will not let my bias judge for me.:rolleyes:

Come back to us, Salsa, you're getting way off track now.

The only fact I quoted was that he missed practice. Jump to Iverson's defense all you like, spin it any way you want...when you have a past like Iverson, things like missing practice tend to not be an isolated incident. You'd at least think he'd be on good behavior for a while.

Sandra

And yet, the Titans, Cowboys and Eagles were all able to work on Thanksgiving. Amazing. Rumor has it the Lions, Seahawks and Cardinals showed up for work too, but after watching the games I'm not so sure...

And yes, in the past I have worked on Thanksgiving, as I'm sure many of us have. And the rest of the Pistons were somehow able to come to work on Thanksgiving as well. It seems it was only important for Mr. Iverson to make another practice stamement.

It's looking like a great trade so far...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Personally, I think this whole Iverson missing practice discussion is being blown way out of proportion.

It's Thanksgiving. Who wouldn't want the time off to be with his family? I don't see this setting a bad example or anything. It's not like the guy shot himself in a club without a license to carry a concealed weapon and tried to ditch the gun in the Jersey shore or anything. We're talking practice!

Besides, the Pistons are full of strong minded veterans and they shouldn't be affected by this minor distraction. Not saying I agree with it, but I am saying good teams don't let the off-the-court stuff get in the way of their on-the-court goals.

Personally, I think this whole Iverson missing practice discussion is being blown way out of proportion.

It's Thanksgiving. Who wouldn't want the time off to be with his family? I don't see this setting a bad example or anything. It's not like the guy shot himself in a club without a license to carry a concealed weapon and tried to ditch the gun in the Jersey shore or anything. We're talking practice!

Besides, the Pistons are full of strong minded veterans and they shouldn't be affected by this minor distraction. Not saying I agree with it, but I am saying good teams don't let the off-the-court stuff get in the way of their on-the-court goals.

Practice? We are talking practice, right? :D

Actually, Burress is a good comparison here, a guy who issues always seem to follow. You can spin-control all of his individual problems, but when you add them up it's very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sandra

Bingo. Hardly worth starting a thread over unless someone obsessed with him want to equate him to some real trouble makers.

Good to know someone is here to decide what threads should and shouldn't be started.

Hey, you can always ignore any thread you deem not worthy of your attention. Please let the rest of us decide for ourselves, though, OK? ;)

Sandra

Come back to us, Salsa, you're getting way off track now.

The only fact I quoted was that he missed practice. Jump to Iverson's defense all you like, spin it any way you want...when you have a past like Iverson, things like missing practice tend to not be an isolated incident. You'd at least think he'd be on good behavior for a while.

Sandra

And HOW long ago did this thing with practices happened before this last incident??!! 6 or 7 YEARS....Y-E-A-R-S ago?! You make him sound like he does this on a weekly basis....or that he is the ONLY person that has done this in the last 6 or 7 years. There is no spin....fact remains, he has been on his best behavior and this is nothing more than a isolated incident.

Practice? We are talking practice, right? :D

Actually, Burress is a good comparison here, a guy who issues always seem to follow. You can spin-control all of his individual problems, but when you add them up it's very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sandra

It is one thing to miss practie....it's another to bring a gun to club and shooting himself and holding out because you are not being paid enough and then not practicing claiming injury.:rolleyes:

Bingo. Hardly worth starting a thread over unless someone obsessed with him want to equate him to some real trouble makers.

Agreed.:up

Thank you...nice to find logic instead thinking with your heart!!:up:up:up
I knew you had it in you EVEN if your more of a Homer than most....LOL!!;):p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts