Practice???

Uh oh, now you guys did it. Be prepared to be flooded with statistics of teams that had home court advantage and didn't win! ;)

Sandra

So now the regular season is "practically meaningless"?

Come on Salsa. Home court advantage in the NBA playoffs is HUGE! I firmly believe that if Cleveland had home court advantage over Boston last year, we would've beaten them and went on to win the Championship. Hell, we were the only team to take Boston to 7 games last year and they barely beat us in Boston in that final game by a few points!

Didn't Atlanta take them to 7 also, in the first round?

So now the regular season is "practically meaningless"?

Come on Salsa. Home court advantage in the NBA playoffs is HUGE! I firmly believe that if Cleveland had home court advantage over Boston last year, we would've beaten them and went on to win the Championship. Hell, we were the only team to take Boston to 7 games last year and they barely beat us in Boston in that final game by a few points!

Jesus Christ HD, WHERE did you see that I said the regular season is meaningless??! :rolleyes: You and Sandra are SO knee jerk on everything that is said AGAINST your favorite teams/players that you start reading all kinds of things into a simple statement.

What I said was: 1) NOT to make a big deal of the amazing record during the regular season because it means NOTHING if you do not get a ring. I mean THAT IS the reason these guys play the game OTHER than money right?? To WIN NBA Championships....NOT regular season best record..?!! Hmmm....?!!:rolleyes:
2) In the last 10 years, ONLY 3 teams with the best record went on to win the NBA Championship....period. NO WHERE did I say the regular season was "meaninigless"....

....you gotta go easy on those knees, you might break them....;)

Jesus Christ HD, WHERE did you see that I said the regular season is meaningless??! :rolleyes: You and Sandra are SO knee jerk on everything that is said AGAINST your favorite teams/players that you start reading all kinds of things into a simple statement.

Huh? You are way out in left field on this one.

Nobody criticizes the Rangers, Yankees, Knicks, Jets, Ohio State football and St. John's basketball more than I do.

NOBODY.

In the other thread I was defending pitchers, and their value to the team, not the Yankees.

Sandra

See her thread on Tressel for further proof.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/152759-i-really-cant-stand-tressel-anymore.html

Oh, and anytime she refers to Glen Sather as "The Edmonton Genius."

BTW, if your Swedish sweetie ever gave up a goal from the blue line or center ice, would you make up an excuse?

My Swedish sweetie seems to go through a swoon every winter for some reason. I've said that here often. Now the last few games haven't been his fault as the Ranger defense has played just absolutely brutal hockey in their own zone.

But as much as I love Henrik, unfortunately he tends to be more hot off the ice sometimes than he is on it. That's not to say he's not a top NHL goalie...he is, and when he's on top of his game he can win playoff games and series for you all by himself.

But when he's bad, I'll say he's bad. When the Ranger defense stinks, I'll say it stinks. When the Jets win a game like today that they have no right to win, I'll say it. When the Knicks are a joke, I say they're a joke. When last year I thought the Red Sox completely passed the Yankees, almost lapped them in terms of building a championship team, I said it all over these forums. When St. John's is a shell of it's former self, I've said it. When Ohio State embarasses a state I don't even live in, I'm as mad here as anyone who lives in Columbus.

So for someone to come here and accuse me of not liking things said against my team, well that's just wrong. And this from a person who cannot bring himself to say ONE NEGATIVE WORD about Allen Iverson, who answers every post here that even mentions Iverson by spinning it positively in Iverson's direction.

Please show us a post where you said something negative about Iverson.

Sandra

Last edited:

So for someone to come here and accuse me of not liking things said against my team, well that's just wrong. And this from a person who cannot bring himself to say ONE NEGATIVE WORD about Allen Iverson, who answers every post here that even mentions Iverson by spinning it positively in Iverson's direction.

Please show us a post where you said something negative about Iverson.

Sandra

I have always thought he was a gunner that when he does not have the right people around him, players tend to stand and watch....which has lead him to become a blackhole. But the one year they DID have the right palyers around him...he won the MVP AND lead his team to the NBA championship. Iverson has a ego that can be downright nasty....but WHO in the NBA doesn't have an ego? Iverson, compared to the street thug he was in high school and early years in college...but some of you seem to forget where some of these come from and just expect them to turn it off just like a light switch just because they have money.
Yep....years of being possibly the kinda of guy you would cross the street to avoid..and suddnely, you want them to be model citizens because he signed a 5 year contract. Like asking as smoker to quit cold turkey....It SELDOM happens.

So seeing that there aren't too many threads about Iverson in here...I think only two. Here it is, it was the #6 post....don't hurt yourself too much on those knee jerk reactions there Sandra...make you look kinda foolish....:rolleyes:

I am under the "assumption" that he just didn't show up. IF that is the case, he SHOULD be fined and ripped for it.

But the one year they DID have the right palyers around him...he won the MVP AND lead his team to the NBA championship.

Statistics can be used to say pretty much anything you want. You've proven that more than anyone.

But even you cannot rewrite history. Iverson NEVER lead his team to the NBA championship. They made it to the finals, where I think they were destroyed by the Lakers or the Spurs.

Nice try. Jeesh, I knew this off the top of my head, but who has the time to look up all the statistics you quote...you're probably making them up too. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Last edited:
Statistics can be used to say pretty much anything you want. You've proven that more than anyone.

But even you cannot rewrite history. Iverson NEVER lead his team to the NBA championship. They made it to the finals, where I think they were destroyed by the Lakers or the Spurs.

Nice try. Jeesh, I knew this off the top of my head, but who has the time to look up all the statistics you quote...you're probably making them up too. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Really??!! So I suppose they would have made it without him?! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Without "Numbers" you, me and MOST sports fans would probably not see sports as much.

Really??!! So I suppose they would have made it without him?! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Without "Numbers" you, me and MOST sports fans would probably not see sports as much.

You forgot to answer the part where you said Iverson lead his team to the NBA championship...

Even though he didn't. They did not win the championship.

Sandra

Last edited:
Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum, yourself......

You said Iverson led his team to an NBA Championship. Iverson was 6 years old the last time the Sixers won a Championship.

I meant to say NBA Finals....

Seeing that you have no clue what I am was talking about when I said "fo, five, fo...."
That is what Moses Malone said about the how far the series lasted when they won the Championship...."FO" '6ers over the Knicks....."FIVE" '6ers over the Milwaukee Bucks...."FO" ...'6ers over the LA Lakers....

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts