Practice???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
LMAO!! You what is funny....other than this last incident, the last time(on record at least) he missed practice was almost 6 or 7 years ago...and yet people make it seam that he does it on a constant basis.

Iverson only has himself to blame for that. HE'S the one who ranted about practice at a press conference, so like it or not he'll always be associated with practice. Especially when he blows one off.

Sandra

With the '08-'09 regular season nearly 1/3rd of the way over, I think it's an appropriate time to start looking more closely at this trade......

The Pistons have won a division title 6 of the last 7 years. If they don't win the division this year, will this trade be considered a bust?

How about if they don't even make the playoffs? If that happens, this trade may go down as one of the worst of all time!

With the '08-'09 regular season nearly 1/3rd of the way over, I think it's an appropriate time to start looking more closely at this trade......

The Pistons have won a division title 6 of the last 7 years. If they don't win the division this year, will this trade be considered a bust?

How about if they don't even make the playoffs? If that happens, this trade may go down as one of the worst of all time!

Not true. Regardless of the season outcome, the trade did clear up needed cap space.

Perhaps they can use that cap space on a great point guard. Someone like Chauncey Billups. Think the Nuggets would trade him? :D

Sandra

Not true. Regardless of the season outcome, the trade did clear up needed cap space.

Perhaps they can use that cap space on a great point guard. Someone like Chauncey Billups. Think the Nuggets would trade him? :D

Sandra

But if they were only a series away from going onto the finals last year, why in the world would they take a step back this year just to clear cap space unless the Pistons didn't think they could compete this year.

A local writer had a good take on this trade. He said this (not a direct quote, but the context is correct), Denver came to Dumars and proposes this trade, and word got out that Dumar's passed on it. Detroit keeps Billups and the Pistons fall in the playoff's to either Boston or Cleveland, everybody would saying around here that they saw this coming for the last 3 seasons. Why didn't Dumars make the trade? If you want the story it's on Freep.com.

Everyone here has said that the Pistons were washed up with Billups, so what is the problem with this trade? Iverson won't be here next year. This was done to shake things up now, and to open the cap space next season (and 2010). Right now I lay the current playing streak at the hands of Curry.

Is this trade a bust? I don't know? It's a long time till the playoffs, the answer will be known then. If we don't win this year, so what? All you experts said we couldn't do it with Billups either. Boston and Cleveland are both playing out of their minds, as are the Lakers. Yet we have beat Cleveland and the Lakers this season. I still think are chances are better now than before. I too thought that we would be 3rd to Boston and Cleveland this season, and we may still be. Our real problem still lies with Rasheed Wallace and his indifferent playing. He'll be gone next season also.

But if they were only a series away from going onto the finals last year, why in the world would they take a step back this year just to clear cap space unless the Pistons didn't think they could compete this year.

Now you're starting to understand.

Last edited:
Iverson only has himself to blame for that. HE'S the one who ranted about practice at a press conference, so like it or not he'll always be associated with practice. Especially when he blows one off.

Sandra

Fair enough, but to make an issue of it as if he blowing off practice left and right....is stupid and naive. Remember, it was THE 76ers that made the issue of practice because THEY leaked it to the media....he didn't DECIDE to have a conference to tell the world he was missing practice. :rolleyes:

...let's use a little common sense here....

IF they do not make the playoffs, then I would say it would be a huge bust, but I think the Pistons have a BETTER chance of being in the East Conference finals than Denver MAKING the playoffs. The Nuggets record against playoff teams this year is 4-5, against non-playoffs....it's 9-0 or something like that, and I think those have been the games that Billups has played.

IF they do not make the playoffs, then I would say it would be a huge bust, but I think the Pistons have a BETTER chance of being in the East Conference finals than Denver MAKING the playoffs. The Nuggets record against playoff teams this year is 4-5, against non-playoffs....it's 9-0 or something like that, and I think those have been the games that Billups has played.

It would take a couple of major injuries for that to happen.

A local writer had a good take on this trade. He said this (not a direct quote, but the context is correct), Denver came to Dumars and proposes this trade, and word got out that Dumar's passed on it. Detroit keeps Billups and the Pistons fall in the playoff's to either Boston or Cleveland, everybody would saying around here that they saw this coming for the last 3 seasons. Why didn't Dumars make the trade? If you want the story it's on Freep.com.

Everyone here has said that the Pistons were washed up with Billups, so what is the problem with this trade? Iverson won't be here next year. This was done to shake things up now, and to open the cap space next season (and 2010). Right now I lay the current playing streak at the hands of Curry.

Is this trade a bust? I don't know? It's a long time till the playoffs, the answer will be known then. If we don't win this year, so what? All you experts said we couldn't do it with Billups either. Boston and Cleveland are both playing out of their minds, as are the Lakers. Yet we have beat Cleveland and the Lakers this season. I still think are chances are better now than before. I too thought that we would be 3rd to Boston and Cleveland this season, and we may still be. Our real problem still lies with Rasheed Wallace and his indifferent playing. He'll be gone next season also.

Exactly! Once thing I read, and damn I gotta find it, Dumars noticed the trend that ONLY 3 teams that ended with the best record in the regualr season, won the NBA championship. The story read that all you need is to be somewhere in the top 4 seeds, get a decent matchup and you have a very good chance of making the conference finals. This is why I do not make a big issue about how well the regular season has gone, because GOD FORBID...a twisted ankle here or a bad knee twist there...and it sayonara playoffs...and this applies to ALL PLAYOFF teams.

Fair enough, but to make an issue of it as if he blowing off practice left and right....is stupid and naive. Remember, it was THE 76ers that made the issue of practice because THEY leaked it to the media....he didn't DECIDE to have a conference to tell the world he was missing practice. :rolleyes:

...let's use a little common sense here....

Wow, figuring out a way to blame the Sixers for Iverson's comments is some major league spin right there...even for this website, that's way way over the top.

Iverson said what he said in front of everyone. He made those comments of his own free will. The Sixers didn't make Iverson a Youtube sensation, Iverson made Iverson a Youtube sensation.

Nobody said he blows off practice left and right, but since Iverson made himself a poster-boy for an athlete criticizing practice, nobody should be surprised when Iverson blowing off a practice becomes a big deal.

Sandra

Wow, figuring out a way to blame the Sixers for Iverson's comments is some major league spin right there...even for this website, that's way way over the top.

Iverson said what he said in front of everyone. He made those comments of his own free will. The Sixers didn't make Iverson a Youtube sensation, Iverson made Iverson a Youtube sensation.

Nobody said he blows off practice left and right, but since Iverson made himself a poster-boy for an athlete criticizing practice, nobody should be surprised when Iverson blowing off a practice becomes a big deal.

Sandra

SPIN??!! You cannot be THAT naive.... :eek: A reporter stated he had missed a practice which was leaked by the '6ers because they were shopping him around.

He didn't sit in a press conference and say...."oh yeah, by the way....I have missed practices, in case you guys didn't know.....":rolleyes:

Make sure you DO check it in youtube, ....and he clearly states "when a coach or management states I missed practice......" AND he didn't make himself a poster boy for missing practice, the media kept playing it OVER and OVER and OVER again....EVERYWHERE. He didn't ASK to have that snippet of that press conference to be played by every single news outlet in America. That is not spin...THAT is fact! YOU call it spin because you don't like him and making your argument null and void.

SPIN??!! You cannot be THAT naive.... :eek: A reporter stated he had missed a practice which was leaked by the '6ers because they were shopping him around.

He didn't sit in a press conference and say...."oh yeah, by the way....I have missed practices, in case you guys didn't know.....":rolleyes:

Make sure you DO check it in youtube, ....and he clearly states "when a coach or management states I missed practice......" AND he didn't make himself a poster boy for missing practice, the media kept playing it OVER and OVER and OVER again....EVERYWHERE. He didn't ASK to have that snippet of that press conference to be played by every single news outlet in America. That is not spin...THAT is fact! YOU call it spin because you don't like him and making your argument null and void.

Spin it any way you like...Iverson is the one who ranted and raved to the media about practice. When you do that you wind up on video, and only have yourself to blame. It's that simple.

Sandra

Exactly! Once thing I read, and damn I gotta find it, Dumars noticed the trend that ONLY 3 teams that ended with the best record in the regualr season, won the NBA championship. The story read that all you need is to be somewhere in the top 4 seeds, get a decent matchup and you have a very good chance of making the conference finals. This is why I do not make a big issue about how well the regular season has gone, because GOD FORBID...a twisted ankle here or a bad knee twist there...and it sayonara playoffs...and this applies to ALL PLAYOFF teams.

So now the regular season is "practically meaningless"?

Come on Salsa. Home court advantage in the NBA playoffs is HUGE! I firmly believe that if Cleveland had home court advantage over Boston last year, we would've beaten them and went on to win the Championship. Hell, we were the only team to take Boston to 7 games last year and they barely beat us in Boston in that final game by a few points!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)