Praise for Dish Network & Dish Store

cornflakes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
I'm pleasantly surprised... and I believe giving people credit where credit is due, so here's my post.

I switched from Verizon FIOS to Dish Network a couple of weeks ago (I'll be making a post comparing the two at a later date). I ordered a 922 and a 722.

I called Claude at the Dish Store and we went through the whole ordering procedure. I told Claude my hookup in my house, and he said I would be getting a Duo DVR. I asked if that would be the 722, and he said yes.

On the day of installation, the installer brought a 922 and a 622. The installer said the work order says 622, and that's all they have at their warehouse. I called up Claude and he said to take the 622 for now, and he would work on getting me a 722 to switch this out.

(and for what it's worth, the 622 is not even advertised on the Dish website, so when you look for DuoDVR, you only see the 722 and the accompanying specs... one of which is a bigger hard drive which is why I wanted a 722).

Fast forward to today, I got a call from the executive office at Dish regarding this issue. Claude had to send in an audio recording of my conversation with him during the order, and they said since I did ask for a 722, and Claude did mention that I was going to get one, they agreed to swap my DVR out. They are sending me a 722 which hopefully I will have by early next week.

I have to say I'm quite pleased at how this all went. I want to publicly thank Claude and DishStore.net for helping me with resolving this issue, and I want to thank Dish for taking care of this and making me feel like they actually care about my business (despite many people here complaining of the opposite).

Dish Store

It's always great to hear good things that happen. Claude and Dish Store have a great reputation around here, and this is a good example of their dedication to the customer. :)

I agree, Claude does what needs to be done. Last week I ordered a 211 and some diplexers. He shipped them within hours. Unfortunately the local UPS sorters don't always read labels.

We live near Spartanburg, SC where there is a Dish service center, and of course there are probably hundreds od Dish boxes moving thru the UPS center daily. Yes, UPS delivered my new receiver to Dish.

I let Claude know what was going on and he shipped replacements immediately (in a plain brown box) and he now has the headache of doing a clai with UPS.

Thanks again Claude.

I've never had a problem with any order. Very prompt delivery. They missed a separator once but it was out the same day.

Fast forward to today, I got a call from the executive office at Dish regarding this issue. Claude had to send in an audio recording of my conversation with him during the order, and they said since I did ask for a 722, and Claude did mention that I was going to get one, they agreed to swap my DVR out. They are sending me a 722 which hopefully I will have by early next week.

I want to thank Dish for taking care of this and making me feel like they actually care about my business (despite many people here complaining of the opposite).

Why give any praise to dish network? If they had done what they were supposed to in the first place their would not have been a big time consuming mess to clear up, seems like your local warehouse just wants to unload the 622 so they do whatever needs to be done to accomplish this. Then I always get a good laugh out of how dish exec resolution wants to make it seem like they are doing you a big special one time favor just by going ahead and actually delivering what was originally promised to you after a bunch of rig a ma roll, did dish network give you something extra for your time & trouble? Did they compensate dish store for their time, I don't think so! Dish network tryed to pull a fast one and you didn't go for it, good for you, but that doesn't mean the other 999 out of a 1000 didn't just bite the big one, which is exactly what companies like dish network bank on. Enjoy DDDC~

Last edited:
Glad we got everything taken care.

Man, your issue was a pain to get fixed. I had to send in a copy of the phone call for them to listen to and make the argument to my rep that you should get a 722 since you asked for it in the beginning of the call and called immediatly after they gave you the 622.

The tech savvy people here at Satelliteguys know what they want :)

Claude G.

I had ordered a 211 and later decided I wanted a 622 after ordering it. Claude exchanged it without any questions asked. The exchange process was virtually pain free.

Why give any praise to dish network? If they had done what they were supposed to in the first place their would not have been a big time consuming mess to clear up

Well I feel they do deserve a little credit, because they could've just said "Well, the DuoDVR can be 622 or 722, and the rep you talked to was wrong, this is how it is. Too bad." Trust me, I've heard that enough times from other companies and I was pretty much expecting how this was going to go down. Which is why I was surprised that it actually got resolved in my favor.

That is not to say Claude wasn't the main driver of this (I appreciate your help Claude!). He fought on my behalf and got me what I wanted. But Dish could've easily told Claude to go take a hike as well.

So in the end, Claude deserves most of the credit for this, but Dish does deserve a little bit of credit for making it right (since they are the ones sending out the replacement) instead of hiding behind their policies and crap.

That is not to say Dish was right to try to unload an old receiver on me (and other people) but at least they corrected it.

Man, your issue was a pain to get fixed. [...]

The tech savvy people here at Satelliteguys know what they want :)

Thanks again Claude! And yes, this is why I like dealing with resellers that are actively in message forums because they know we know what we're doing and what we want!

Hey Claude - remember that 1000.4 I ordered... I still cant aim the thing. Got someone in Bowling Green, KY to help me out!!!!:):):haha:haha

Well I feel they do deserve a little credit, because they could've just said "Well, the DuoDVR can be 622 or 722, and the rep you talked to was wrong, this is how it is. Too bad." Trust me, I've heard that enough times from other companies and I was pretty much expecting how this was going to go down. Which is why I was surprised that it actually got resolved in my favor.

That is not to say Claude wasn't the main driver of this (I appreciate your help Claude!). He fought on my behalf and got me what I wanted. But Dish could've easily told Claude to go take a hike as well.

So in the end, Claude deserves most of the credit for this, but Dish does deserve a little bit of credit for making it right (since they are the ones sending out the replacement) instead of hiding behind their policies and crap.

That is not to say Dish was right to try to unload an old receiver on me (and other people) but at least they corrected it.

I will say this, if they where not going to do it, I was going to ship you one from my inventory and swap it that way.

For 99% of the customers they don't know the difference between a 622, 722, or 722K. When your dealing with satelliteguys members, they want the latest and greatest and know what they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)