Preferred customer promotion?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I noticed by bill went up $20 this month and it appears I’ve been getting a $20 discount for the past 12 months. I can’t remember for sure but I’m thinking this was for the preferred customer promotion?? Any chance Dish is renewing this promotion?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last year thanks to SatelliteGuys there was a post saying that certain customers were getting one year promotion rates on there account page you had to sign a 1 year contract. I called and said It wasn’t on my account the nice customer service lady added it. A few weeks ago I called in and said I would like to see if they can add it again since my 1 year expired. No problem I am good for another year . Well worth the cost of pub membership!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Something similar just happened to me. My previous one year promotion ended and my bill went up a lot. I called in and got the current preferred customer promotion. I got $25 off per month for 24 months plus a price lock at today's price (I thought that was pretty reasonable - I have been with Dish over 20 years). I had to agree to 2 more years though.

I’m currently about to finish the first year of two on my preferred customer discount. Price lock of $34.99 on flex pack and $5 off my H3 DVR fee. I’ll add to that on mydish and your account page there should be a tab for preferred customer offer. I did mine just before the price increases of 2018. Now would be the time before new prices kick in, that is if your good with another contract period. For me the addition of the Amazon Prime app still makes it a no brainer. My wife has been watching episodes of green acres with no help from me

Re-Signed for 1 more year at $20 off, plus $5.00 off dvr fee and half price Showtime and Starz for 6 months. Could've gotten a better deal for 2yrs contract, but depending on the future improvements to IPTV or regular TV in 2021, or I may just stop watching TV completely and live in the future of flying cars and holograms. Satellite IPTV and Cable will be so early 21st Century.

Sent from my SM-975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: joewhite57
Re-Signed for 1 more year at $20 off, plus $5.00 off dvr fee and half price Showtime and Starz for 6 months. Could've gotten a better deal for 2yrs contract, but depending on the future improvements to IPTV or regular TV in 2021, or I may just stop watching TV completely and live in the future of flying cars and holograms. Satellite IPTV and Cable will be so early 21st Century.

Sent from my SM-975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Did you call Dish or online chat? And I wonder if Dirt can help with that?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
My discount is also up but i really missing my OKC thunder games. Hate to switch but i dont think Charlie will ever pay up for the RSN. Looking at DTV or Vyve cable. Can't find a cost effective way to stream the games.

I have to look into this. Currently I have the everything package and wouldn't mind a 1 or 2 year contract extension for $20 or $25 off. I assume I just call customer service?

I was wondering also because I would rather talk to someone than type on a laptop. I have to do this Friday because my 2 year contract is up Saturday.

I believe this is the number i called last year.

Start by calling 1-888-496-1260. That will get you directly to the Loyalty Department. If you still are not satisfied with what they offer, ask for the Office of the President. They should be able to take care of you.

I was wondering also because I would rather talk to someone than type on a laptop. I have to do this Friday because my 2 year contract is up Saturday.

Last time I renewed my preferred customer contract, they wouldn't even talk to me until the old one expired. Then, when I signed the new one, it was retroactive to the date of the old one. Did what I just wrote make sense?

Something similar just happened to me. My previous one year promotion ended and my bill went up a lot. I called in and got the current preferred customer promotion. I got $25 off per month for 24 months plus a price lock at today's price (I thought that was pretty reasonable - I have been with Dish over 20 years). I had to agree to 2 more years though.

Exactly what I did. My memory has my 1yr promo being $30 off. But I just signed up for this promo and got $25/mo off and my bill went down ~ $1. And I called in the NICK of time since prices are going up tomorrow while I'm price-locked for 2 years. :D

Reactions: Tony S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)