Premier & DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Woods

Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
VoDislund
A question:

Does the DTV Premier package include the DVR service?

I had one retention rep tell me it does and another say they discontinued that part of the package a couple of months back and I would have to pay extra for that service.

Thanks,
Woods

Last I checked the Total Choice Premier package "DOES NOT" included both the DVR Service "and" the HD Access charge. It did however include the DVR Service in the past but not anymore.

Your best bet is to order the Plus HD DVR package which includes all channels but premium channels. This package also includes both the DVR Service and HD Access services. This package also includes all your SD and HD local channels where available. The package is priced at 69.99/month at normal price. So if you want all the premium services including the Sports Package this would be the extra pricing below.

HBO will be 13.00/month.
Cinemax will be 11.00/month.
Showtime Unlimited will be 10.00/month.
Starz SuperPak will be 8.00/month.
Sports Package will be 7.00/month.

I'm sure the above pricing is correct.

49.00 will be the extra cost for all the premiums. So your total cost would be 120 bucks a month which last I checked is more expensive than just ordering the Premier Package and adding DVR Service and HD Access service onto it.

I believe your best bet is the Plus HD DVR service only if you just want a three or four of the five premiums plus DVR Service and HD service.

HBO will be 13.00/month.
Cinemax will be 11.00/month.
Showtime Unlimited will be 10.00/month.
Starz SuperPak will be 8.00/month.
Sports Package will be 7.00/month.

I'm sure the above pricing is correct.

49.00 will be the extra cost for all the premiums. So your total cost would be 120 bucks a month which last I checked is more expensive than just ordering the Premier Package and adding DVR Service and HD Access service onto it.

I believe your best bet is the Plus HD DVR service only if you just want a three or four of the five premiums plus DVR Service and HD service.
You best bet with Plus HD pack is 3 or less premiums.If you want 4 its cheaper to get the Premier pack then. You can't pick all five because they automaticlly upgrade you to the premier pack ,and as far as I know DVR service still does come with the Premier pack ,Just not HD. HD access is $10.99 extra. I just checked I guess D* is getting greedy because Premier pack no longer comes with DVR service. Thats BS if you ask me.

UNless they are going to start another programming pack like ALL ACCESS pack that I read about on the dbstalk site. THey say it will include all the premier pack , hd access, all dvr fees and ALL ADDITIONAL RECEIVER fees for $119.99 a month. Supposedly it will be available on 8/28/07 if you believe the rumour.

But if Directv is actually penalizing its Premier customers for subbing to all 5 premiums by charging the dvr fees, that seems kind of stupid to me. It will actually discourage all its new customers from subbing to the higher pack of programming to escape them. DISH is doing the opposite . THey are pushing you to AEP to escape the dvr fees and you still have to pay $20.00 extra for the hd pack if you have the hd receiver or pay the $6.00 hd enabeling fee per hd receiver if you don't sub to the hd pack.

THe all Access pack sounds like a great marketing tool for attracting new subs for Directv. IF it turns out to be true , they will gain a lot of subs from DISH and the cable competition too.

DVR fee is *no longer* included in the Premier pack. Been that way a couple months now.

Those of us that had Premier before are grandfathered in and DVR fee is still included. But if you drop to something less then Premier and then go back you'd pay the DVR fee extra. Just like any other grandfathered package. Once you change you lose it.

DVR fee is *no longer* included in the Premier pack. Been that way a couple months now.

Those of us that had Premier before are grandfathered in and DVR fee is still included. But if you drop to something less then Premier and then go back you'd pay the DVR fee extra. Just like any other grandfathered package. Once you change you lose it.

I have Premiere with no DVR fee, and 1 extra reciever. About $116 a month until ST kicks in, then $166 a month "ouch" :eek:

I have Premiere with no DVR fee, and 1 extra reciever. About $116 a month until ST kicks in, then $166 a month "ouch" :eek:
Yes ouch !! I'm in the same boat right now, E* gets $122 per month from me and D* get only $59. I'm praying D* gets an out standing HD pack so I can stop with this E* nonsence. I will gladly pay D* $150 per month if they get moving here.

FYI that you can sign up for Sunday ticket on an 11 month plan. It's usually available from Jan thru March. I did and I pay just under $21 a month. Much easier for me and my budget vs. having 4 or 5 months of sticker shock in the bill. :)

FYI that you can sign up for Sunday ticket on an 11 month plan. It's usually available from Jan thru March. I did and I pay just under $21 a month. Much easier for me and my budget vs. having 4 or 5 months of sticker shock in the bill. :)
I did see that earlier this year,and I almost did too,But I wasn't really sure If I still wanted D*. But by the time I got a game plan together it was too late. That is a good Idea though.

Yes ouch !! I'm in the same boat right now, E* gets $122 per month from me and D* get only $59. I'm praying D* gets an out standing HD pack so I can stop with this E* nonsence. I will gladly pay D* $150 per month if they get moving here.

Hang in there Hemi,
Another 3-4 weeks and all will be rolling ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts