Price Changes and HD packages on dish website

ssmaniac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Sorry if anyone else posted this, but when I was on the Dish Cust. Service website, I noticed a small link to "2008 changes", which has a message from the Dish Executive Dept., links to a FAQ section (text copied below), and a few "summary" diagrams, including the $10 "Dish HD Essentials" package (defined as "the best HD channels from the America's Top programming package you subscribe to") and a $20 "Dish HD Ultimate" package defined as "All the great HD programming from Dish HD Essential PLUS 20 additional HD channels."

I wasn't able to find any links with more info, but the FAQ section is copied below. Looks like the Essentials will be the HD versions of the regular channels subscribed to, and the Ultimate may be Voom...

FAQs

Q. How does DISH Network compare to other providers?
• For more than 10 years, DISH Network prides itself on value-packed programming that offers the best price for the largest selection of channels, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide...every day.

Q. When will the price changes occur?
• The new pricing will be reflected on your February 2008 statement.

Q. Why are you changing prices?
• As our programmers continue to enhance and add new channels, their cost of doing business goes up; in turn so does ours. So while we work hard to keep our costs low through innovative business improvements, we simply cannot offset the unavoidable expense of the television programming fees.

Q. Are any of the service or programming fees changing?
• With the advances DISH Network is making in HD programming, we will be changing our HD Enabling fee to $7.00. This is the only change in price to any of our service and programming fees.

Q. What are some of the changes that I will see with DISH programming in 2008?
• We are excited to announce that we will have 3 new High Definition programming packages. DISH Network is constantly improving our technology to offer you the best in HD from sports, entertainment, movies and family programming. With 3 new packages, you can choose the best to suit your needs. And, DISH Network continues be the leader in HD at the lowest all-digital price.

Q. If I pay my full 12 months in one amount, how will that affect my bill?
• One of the benefits of annual billing is that the price is guaranteed for 12 months. At the end of your 12 months, your annual statement will reflect the current rates for your programming services. In addition by paying your statement annually you will continue to receive a special discount valued at approximately 1 month of service.

Feedback

FYI--The prices listed are
Top 100--$32.99
Top 100+--$42.99
Top 200--$44.99
Top 250--$54.99
AEP--$94.98

Not sure if that's what Scott previously reported, but FWIW, that's what is on the website.

Scott, I couldn't find it on the general site, only when I logged into my account. (I don't want to send a link since it's under my account, just in case). Sorry!

Ok SSManiac sent me over a screenshot.

I have figured out the URL of one of these pages which I will post shortly.

Below is a screenshot of what SSMANIAC is seeing.

Attachments

• newpricing.pdf
    508.2 KB · Views: 1,106
-snip-
Q. What are some of the changes that I will see with DISH programming in 2008?
• We are excited to announce that we will have 3 new High Definition programming packages. DISH Network is constantly improving our technology to offer you the best in HD from sports, entertainment, movies and family programming. With 3 new packages, you can choose the best to suit your needs. And, DISH Network continues be the leader in HD at the lowest all-digital price.
-snip-

Well, that about says it all. What changes in programming will we see?....3 new programming packages. Wow, we can download the descriptions and read them while we're waiting for new channels. :)

Here is the text from the website:

A Message from DISH Network's Executive Team
DISH Network is proud to be your home to the lowest all digital price in America and the provider of choices for nearly 13.5 million customers. DISH Network prides itself on value-packed programming that offers the best price for the largest selection of channels.
DISH Network is rapidly expanding its programming lineup. We have invested in technology to remain the leader in HD, and are excited to introduce brand new DishHD Programming Packages in 2008. There will be something for everyone in the family from the best Sports, Entertainment, Movies, and Family Programming in HD!

We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to provide you clear and unmatched savings over cable and award-winning customer service, plus the best all-digital value in TV programming and video you deserve.

Please the summary of changes for further details on all our changes for 2008.

(Scott, your link didn't work--it appears you have to be logged in to your account...)

Yes you need to be logged into your dish network account to see it, so go to Dish Network.com, login to your account

Once login cut and paste the url below into your browsers address bar, and then you will see it. :)

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/usermanagement/summaryChanges.do

I wonder what the "new technology" Dish is talking about??New encoders? new sats.? both? neither??

The big question I have now is if I should wait to see if there will be new "upgrade" offers? I was going to upgrade my 811 (finally), but now maybe I'll wait to see if they announce new DIU pricing or not.

So what will the 20 HD channels be? I'm guessing the 15 Voom for sure, then MHD, Discovery HD Theater, Universal HD, HD Net Movies and maybe NBA HD?

I think I am most confused by the statement of having 3 new HD Packages and then listing 2 choices. Am I missing something?
Byan :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts