Price increase greetings from the Deathstar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
We knew it was coming, not a matter of if but when.

What a joke of a company! Folks leaving in droves and here they are with the yearly nickel and dime routine. It’s a shame because I still really like the product but I simply wish their pricing was more competitive then it is. There are just so many better options for me in the Philly region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What a joke of a company! Folks leaving in droves and here they are with the yearly nickel and dime routine. It’s a shame because I still really like the product but I simply wish their pricing was more competitive then it is. There are just so many better options for me in the Philly region.

And as every year. EVERY SINGLE cable or Sat company is going to raise prices

No such thing as competition in the cable/sat business. They all know you don't have many options so they can charge what ever they want and you don't have a choice but to pay.

No such thing as competition in the cable/sat business. They all know you don't have many options so they can charge what ever they want and you don't have a choice but to pay.

There are a lot of options if you have good broadband.

Once again the "OMG they are raising the prices again" How could they ?

As all of us know that have had D* and DISH and any other Provider, they are going to raise prices yearly ... so those of you that CRY EVERY year, get over it.

If you want to complain about things, try the RSN fees that showed up a few years ago .... Mine is going up to $8.49.

Reactions: ChadT41
Looks like they are trying to get people out of the preferred xtra package. By raising that one $7 but the others only around ) $3, it seems like they are looking to see an organic shift out of that package until the numbers are low enough to discontinue it.

At some point I will consider DirecTV now or whatever streaming service makes more sense.

I'm coming up on the end of my 2-year price lock on DirecTV Ultimate with at&t internet. If the numbers make sense, I may move to Cox for TV and internet. My "must haves" are Turner Classic Movies, Science Channel and Investigation Discovery. Everyone puts those in their highest tier. :(

I'm coming up on the end of my 2-year price lock on DirecTV Ultimate with at&t internet. If the numbers make sense, I may move to Cox for TV and internet. My "must haves" are Turner Classic Movies, Science Channel and Investigation Discovery. Everyone puts those in their highest tier. :(

They do that with the channels I like too :) To quote a former President, ‘I feel your pain.’

Playstation Vue has them in their Core Package-$50 a month

Playstation Vue has them in their Core Package-$50 a month
My son uses that now in Denver area, and he seems to be okay with it. I forgot to add Smithsonian to my list. I need to do more homework in the next couple of months.

I get ID in the advanced basic cable card package that I have with cox bundled with my internet. I think that is called the Contour TV package with cox equipment. TCM and Science are in the next package Contour TV Ultimate. They may also be in one of the addon packages that you can add to the basic package.

A friend said his Directv bill goes up $7 and then $1 more for regional sports fees. I only recall Dish raising $5 at a time and there wasn't any regional sports fee or $10 HD charge. My dad still has dish and signed a new two year agreement recently. His programming went up $5 from the prior two years and is now price locked for two more years.

A friend said his Directv bill goes up $7 and then $1 more for regional sports fees. I only recall Dish raising $5 at a time and there wasn't any regional sports fee or $10 HD charge. My dad still has dish and signed a new two year agreement recently. His programming went up $5 from the prior two years and is now price locked for two more years.
You forgot about those pesky equipment charges...

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts