Price Increase!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gen Custer said:
Great .
Buggy non tivo DVRs. No new National High Def channels and a price increase after stating one wouldn't happen.
Sounds a lot like DISH network. Did the merger actually go through and they didn't tell anyone?

Actually Dish Network is like this:
Good (great for me) non tivo DVR (Mpeg4 HD DVR in Feb.). 9 more national HD chanells in Feb., 5-10 more national HD channels later this year. And price increase in Feb (I'll pay $3 more for 9 HD channels). :D

Last edited:
I don't care for price increases either, but I'm always amazed that people are shocked when a company raises prises. I'm not talking just satellite service, I'm talking any business. Whatever the business it comes down to one thing and that's profits. I expences go up, so do prices it's that simple.

maogdamian said:
Just found out today that directv is going to have a price increase. Well find out next tuesday the amounts. Hopefully its not too much. Dishnetwork is only $2 more expensive right now. So hopefully our price increase will either match or be less than dish's. Scott may have some info before i do. Ill let you know more as i hear more.
Grrrrrr

I would like this person to show Proof.

I wonder if they have to raise prices to pay for the 76% increase in Lifetime?

76% as in what Dishnetwork is claiming is the increase and has since removed Lifetime from there system refusing to pay for it.

Maybe Direct TV is raising the rate 76 cents so they dont have to drop Lifetime and so there customers (Wifes) will all be happy.

lee78221 said:
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_3355594

After raising prices an average of 4 percent across the board in March, DirecTV does not expect any increases in the new year, said spokesman Robert Mercer. The company's average revenue per customer is $68.65, he said.

Yes, but a D* Representative said something similar last year about this time too. I would be surprised if their is not a price increase and or restructuring of the packages come March 1.

ScottChez said:
I wonder if they have to raise prices to pay for the 76% increase in Lifetime?
76% as in what Dishnetwork is claiming is the increase and has since removed Lifetime from there system refusing to pay for it.
Maybe Direct TV is raising the rate 76 cents so they dont have to drop Lifetime and so there customers (Wifes) will all be happy.

i do believe that all the contracts are at staggered intervals, so as to increase the providers leverage. can you imagine say if the contract was up at dish, directv and comcast all at once?? what leverage would lifetime have?

Chris Freeland said:
I would be surprised if their is not a price increase and or restructuring of the packages come March 1.

Boy thats covering both sides of the fence. LOL

So the only way you are wrong is if they stand pat 100%

Personally I'm sick and tired of price increases. I haven't seen anything from D* to justify and price hikes. Plus, to the person that said they will pay $3 for just 9 more HD channels, thats crazy! Its comments like that corporate companies like to hear that make them continue to raise our prices because you have given them the impression that its cheap and they aren't charging enough! I'm paying D* over $120/mth for my programming and frankly I don't feel like the bastards need anymore of my money for extra channels. At this point, any additions should be free! I'm still pissed that I have to pay an additional $11 bucks for the HD pack when I have the TC Premier package! If we continue to pay a dollar here and there for every bone thrown at us, we're going to be broke by the time a real meal comes to the table! Don't mean to rant but this is getting friggin outrageous! Dammit for my $120 I even want the damn Spanish channels even though I have a no ___ damn clue what they're saying. Hell, at least I could see some chicas!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I also hear the HD package was going to be FREE in the Total Choice [Premium] package.

Man oh man would this be a welcome change. I'd go to TCPr in about 10 milliseconds! :)

charper1 said:
Boy thats covering both sides of the fence. LOL
So the only way you are wrong is if they stand pat 100%
Yes, you are wright and it does sound that way, actually to clarify, I suspect D* will both raise rate's and do some miner re-formating. For example their is also a rumor that D* is going to include the HD Pack for Free, I doubt they would do it for free, however I would not be surprised if D* did not start including the HD pack as the 6th Premium and included in TCP at a discount. In this way some D* subs could get a decrease, but most however will likely get an increase in rate's. If I am correct if HD is added with no other premium, it may go up $1.01 to $12, if it is the 2nd premium it may be $11, if it is added as the 3rd it may be $10, 4th $8, 5th $7 or 6th $6. I also suspect TC and TC+ will go up by $2 or $3.

Last edited:
Fax to dealers last night gives this information:
TOTAL CHOICE $44.99 increase of $3
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS $49.99 increase of $4
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER $99.99 increase of $6
Directv HD package $9.99 decrease of $1
No change on other packages or A LA CARTE services

boba said:
Fax to dealers last night gives this information:
TOTAL CHOICE $44.99 increase of $3
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS $49.99 increase of $4
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER $99.99 increase of $6
Directv HD package $9.99 decrease of $1
No change on other packages or A LA CARTE services
Makes me glad I have a Para Todos package. :)

lee78221 said:
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_3355594

After raising prices an average of 4 percent across the board in March, DirecTV does not expect any increases in the new year, said spokesman Robert Mercer. The company's average revenue per customer is $68.65, he said.

I saw the same story here today, in the Florida Today newspaper.

If they do raise their rates they should add something other than their MTV type channel. Like we really need another one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts