Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

Just received my latest bill (online,12/28) for the time period covering 1/13 to 2/12 & there is no mention of any upcoming increase. So that means when next month's bill comes out I will have no notice of the increase if it is effective on 2/16 - what kind of business model is that, no wonder customers are angry & frustrated! Good thing I read this forum . . . thanks, Scott for the info!
Does your electric or gas or phone company send you formal announcements of their increases?

actually ours do for gas or electric, since they have to get approval from the state corporation committee for any rate increases.
Wish ours did. Was unprepared for our $45 mo jump on gas budget billing.

I don't like the whole home DVR either but it makes sense. If you tried having DVR and HD on all your TVs with the VIP receivers it would be a lot more expensive too. Here's and example for 4 TVs:

Primary 612 receiver - $7 DVR fee
Second 612 - $10 receiver fee ($7 for receiver and $3 for DVR)
Third 612 - $10 receiver fee
Fourth 612 - $10 receiver fee
Total of $37

These receivers have an extra fee built-in in order to make more off the DVR. In that example you're paying $16 just for DVR on all TVs.

Here's a Hopper setup for the same scenario:

Primary Hopper - $12 Whole Home DVR fee
Second Hopper - $12 receiver fee ($7 for receiver and $5 for DVR)
First Joey - $7
Second Joey - $7
Total of $38

Here you paying $17 for DVR but look at all the extra benefits you get. Not only do you have HD and DVR on all TVs but they all share recordings, you have 6 tuners and a much larger hard drive. I'm taking the Hopper for sure in this scenario.

But......with four 612s you have 8 tuners, even more if you connect an ota antenna.To me the multi 612s are a better deal.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Does your electric or gas or phone company send you formal announcements of their increases?

I have always been notified by both electric & gas companies more than a month in advance of increases - it's not unreasonable to expect the same from Dish, how hard is it to send out an email notification?

I have always been notified by both electric & gas companies more than a month in advance of increases - it's not unreasonable to expect the same from Dish, how hard is it to send out an email notification?
Same here I have been notified anout a month or 2 before they raise my price!!! :)

But......with four 612s you have 8 tuners, even more if you connect an ota antenna.To me the multi 612s are a better deal.

In our house with 5 users (4 adults and 1 teen) in 5 rooms the whole home benefits outweigh the extra 2 tuners and OTA is marginal reception here although I do use it on one of my hoppers with the stronger stations. With 2 Hoppers and PTAT enabled on one Hopper we have not had tuner conflicts in over a year of use. The Hopper system is expensive, but it does add value for the extra cost. Depending on one's situation it may or may not be worth it to them. That said, the price increase really hurts this household, but at least for now we will not be jumping ship or downgrading our plan. That might change in the future though.

That's great if each person wants their own receiver but I want my recordings on every TV. I don't want to set a timer on 4 different receivers in order to watch my shows. Those 8 tuners really don't mean crap without flexibility, you still only have 2 tuners at each location.

Does the Dish website (under the programming tab?) allow you to make changes to your package or premiums that you subscribe to? Like downgrading from AEP to like
AT200 and reducing number of premiums from 4 (under aep) to 2. Or do you have to chat or call to make changes to your programming. Thanks...............

Does the Dish website (under the programming tab?) allow you to make changes to your package or premiums that you subscribe to? Like downgrading from AEP to like
AT200 and reducing number of premiums from 4 (under aep) to 2. Or do you have to chat or call to make changes to your programming. Thanks...............

You can do it manually on the website.

It wouldn't make me upset about the fee increases If they were justified. If dish were adding new HD channels then maybe I could see the reason on the increase.
Maybe you missed the whole AMC, Disney, local channel dispute threads. Programming is becoming more expensive.

I received an email from Dish on Dec 18. I got a snail mail today which included a few PPV certificates... They are covering all bases....

That's great if each person wants their own receiver but I want my recordings on every TV. I don't want to set a timer on 4 different receivers in order to watch my shows. Those 8 tuners really don't mean crap without flexibility, you still only have 2 tuners at each location.

But,when you are taking a big family into account those exclusive 2 tuners per person mean a lot.To cover everything my family enjoys watching,it would take 3 hoppers.That's not a price I'm willing to pay.My point being the hopper which in most cases costs more,isn't always the best answer for all customers.

They need a hopper that can do 5 shows at a time while watching a live recording. If the Joey had a tuner in them then there would be no need for a 2nd hopper unless getting one for in case the first hopper fails. At some point Dish and even other companies need a wake up call. When you have subscribers dropping service in numbers there's a problem. My two biggest issues with dish on this increase are no EspnU in HD, Disney jr, pbs kids sprout, part time RSN's. Missing other HD other companies have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)