Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

Yes, I agree. There will be a drastic change, but only after the current model comes crumbling down. Before evolution comes revolution. I welcome it. We all just need to ride out the storm the best we can for now. I envision a Sat-delivered streaming/ondemand system where ala carte, on demand and streaming packages are in abundance and are delivered via sat with no data caps in place of traditional channels. Circumvent the traditional cable-based ISPs and deliver it over the existing satellite infrastructure. Dish and Direct will survive, and the consumer will get more granular choice in their content in the long run.

I hope your right. I just hope that it doesn't take too many more years for it to happen. Something has to change.

I'm paying almost the same as he is per month and I get 4 TVs in HD with 6 tuners and tons of recording ability. Only thing he's getting that I'm not is all the movie channels. Actually my price is including HBO and EPIX, promos of course.

Unless I read that wrong, it looks like a new customer that gets the HD Free for 24 months also incurs an additional $10/month left ETF.

So instead of $20/month ETF, it would be $30/month ETF. WOW!

Unless I read that wrong, it looks like a new customer that gets the HD Free for 24 months also incurs an additional $10/month left ETF.

Better just downgrade the the smart or welcome pack for the remainder...

It seems that way and if you take the iPad offer it would be $40. Seems a bit overkill, make sure you don't cancel your service early then. ;)

If the rates are going up tomorrow, then I don't know anything about it, since I have not yet received any official DISH communication about rate increases.
Which means I should really expect at least my bill to stay the same starting tomorrow. Maybe a DIRT member can give this feedback to DISH Customer Service and their management.

If the rates are going up tomorrow, then I don't know anything about it, since I have not yet received any official DISH communication about rate increases.
Which means I should really expect at least my bill to stay the same starting tomorrow. Maybe a DIRT member can give this feedback to DISH Customer Service and their management.
Some states require x days notice before a rate increase. You clearly live in a state that doesn't have that requirement. I haven't received anything either, but am pretty certain prices will go up.

Did you sign up for Dish within the last year? If so, your bill will not be increasing right away.

Just so everyone knows, existing customers will not be able to upgrade and take advantage of the Free HD for 24 month promotion. The promotion seems to only be for new customers so if you haven't been upgraded and signed up for Free HD by today you are out of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)