Price/package change = $5 increase of bill w/2 yr guarentee

taylorjm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Saginaw, MI
I'm not sure if this was covered or not, I've tried sifting through the posts but can't seem to find anything similar.

We signed up in Sept of last year. 2 year price lock.

Our last regular bill of November showed: Flex Pack w/DVR -- $39.99
The there was an eautopay discount of -$5
Net pay for Flex Pack w/DVR = $34.99

Come January, the bill now shows: Flex Pack ---- $34.99
Eautopay discount -$5
But they broke out and added: Hopper DVR service --- $15
and added: Hopper discount -$5
Now the new net pay for Flex pack, and DVR = $39.99

So our bill went up $5 a month, even though we are on a 2 year price lock starting in September of 2016. I've was on the phone for 1-1/2 hours on Tuesday until they finally agreed with me, sent a form to some "accounting" department. Would be resolved in 48 hours and get a call. Nothing happened. On the phone again today for 45 minutes. Same story, would update the form, should be resolved soon. Just wait and see what the February bill brings. Uh huh....not holding my breath.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this was covered or not, I've tried sifting through the posts but can't seem to find anything similar.

Come January, the bill now shows: Flex Pack ---- $34.99
Eautopay discount -$5
But they broke out and added: Hopper DVR service --- $15
and added: Hopper discount -$5
Now the new net pay for Flex pack, and DVR = $39.99

So our bill went up $5 a month, even though we are on a 2 year price lock starting in September of 2016. I've was on the phone for 1-1/2 hours on Tuesday until they finally agreed with me, sent a form to some "accounting" department. Would be resolved in 48 hours and get a call. Nothing happened. On the phone again today for 45 minutes. Same story, would update the form, should be resolved soon. Just wait and see what the February bill brings. Uh huh....not holding my breath.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Price lock only includes the base pack. So any breakouts or anything like that will affect your bill. Best you can hope for is they credit you $5/month for X months remaining on your contract. But for future reference always read fine print :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Price lock only includes the base pack. So any breakouts or anything like that will affect your bill. Best you can hope for is they credit you $5/month for X months remaining on your contract. But for future reference always read fine print :)

BUT, they changed the base pack, not me. They changed the base pack from Flex Pack w/DVR to just a Flex Pack and broke out the DVR charge.

Notwithstanding any terms and conditions of your Promotion Agreement and/or the Residential Customer Agreement to the contrary, because you have agreed to participate in DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion, DISH will not change, at any time during your Price Guarantee Period (as defined below): (a) the price that you pay for the qualifying programming package set forth below that you received upon initial activation of your DISH service (your “Price Guarantee Programming Package”); or (b) the Additional Receiver Fees and DVR Service Fees that you pay in connection with the receivers that you possessed upon initial activation of your DISH service.

I'm guessing the issue with my account is a mistake somehow, especially since it was fine until 2017 rolled around. I'm guessing they had a price increase and changed plans and somehow I got sucked into it. So I'm hoping they can add an extra $5 credit for the remaining 20 months and be done with it. Unfortunately, so far it's taken me over 2 hours on the phone only to be told they can't do anything but fill out a form and wait for someone higher up to look at it.

DIRT should be the best bet to get the correct answer and help. Will be interested in what the outcome is!

That said, what happened in the December bill, maybe it holds a clue?

I thought the following was what was advertised;
Flex $34.99. You should have received $5 off the Hopper fee of $15, making it $44.99 instead of $49.99. Then you should get the -$5 Autopay for a total of $39.99, exactly as is now being shown.

And this does say $29.99 for Flex including Auto pay.
https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/New-Customer-2-Year-English.pdf

Also, did you sign up as a new customer or current? Judging from your join date it was a new customer. There is different agreement, I see only the package price is protected for current;
https://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Existing-Customer-2-Years.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay
You are correct, I was a new customer in September, and at the time they had a promotion of the Flex with dvr included for $39.99 then the $5 autopay brought it to $34.99. Then they in 2017 they broke out the dvr service, so now it the price you said of $39.99. So I had a $5 a month increase from what I had last year.

The weird part is the December bill. That's when they broke out the dvr service, so my bill should have been $5 higher. BUT, for some reason, they gave me 2 of the $5 autopay discounts. So when the autopay came through, I saw it was the same, didn't think anything of it. Now, in January's bill, it's back to just one $5 autopay discount. So I'm $5 higher than last year. If that makes any sense!

I've never contacted dirt for anything, so this was a first for me. Hopefully they can figure something out!

Reactions: Tampa8
You are correct, I was a new customer in September, and at the time they had a promotion of the Flex with dvr included for $39.99 then the $5 autopay brought it to $34.99. Then they in 2017 they broke out the dvr service, so now it the price you said of $39.99. So I had a $5 a month increase from what I had last year.

The weird part is the December bill. That's when they broke out the dvr service, so my bill should have been $5 higher. BUT, for some reason, they gave me 2 of the $5 autopay discounts. So when the autopay came through, I saw it was the same, didn't think anything of it. Now, in January's bill, it's back to just one $5 autopay discount. So I'm $5 higher than last year. If that makes any sense!

I've never contacted dirt for anything, so this was a first for me. Hopefully they can figure something out!

https://www.dish.com/build-a-package/flex-order-summary/

I went back to look at the original announcement. My reading of it is what the contract above in the other post and what the DISH stie seems to say....$29.99 included the $5 autopay. ---$29.99 and $10 DVR for Hopper 3 with a *. The * says for the above prices you must be enrolled in Autopay. If you were getting it for $34.99 could that have been the mistake? I hope not and you get it back to $34.99!

Last edited:
https://www.dish.com/build-a-package/flex-order-summary/

I went back to look at the original announcement. My reading of it is what the contract above in the other post and what the DISH stie seems to say....$29.99 included the $5 autopay. ---$29.99 and $10 DVR for Hopper 3 with a *. The * says for the above prices you must be enrolled in Autopay. If you were getting it for $34.99 could that have been the mistake? I hope not and you get it back to $34.99!

Here's what's on my bill for last year. Total $34.99 for the flex pack and dvr.

2017-01-27 19.10.17.jpg

d.jpg

Then it changed to this. New bill of Flex pack with dvr $39.99

a.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

No question that is what you have been billed I never thought otherwise. I'm just wondering if it was a mistake, if it is what the contract said at the time. As I was thinking that December bill that you are now describing with the wrong amount for Autopay may be a clue. Let us know when you get a resolution or explanation.

No question that is what you have been billed I never thought otherwise. I'm just wondering if it was a mistake, if it is what the contract said at the time. As I was thinking that December bill that you are now describing with the wrong amount for Autopay may be a clue. Let us know when you get a resolution or explanation.

No problem. I just figured if I showed you what I was seeing, it may help. DIRT replied and is trying to make sense of it as well. I know it's hard to figure out what someone had, when it doesn't show up as an option now.

Reactions: Tampa8
Obviously there's a mistake somewhere. Whether it's now or in the original bill, they need to honor the bill as it was when you signed up for the 2-year price lock. I would accept nothing else.

With this price structure, you were either getting Flex Pack for $24.99 (plus promotional $10 DVR fee) or the DVR fee was only $5. ($29.99 for Flex Pack including autopay discount.)

Then it changed to this. New bill of Flex pack with dvr $39.99
The "DVR Savings 5 of 24" does seem to imply a discount for the DVR fee in the first four months, even if it wasn't broken out separately on the bill.

The weird part is the December bill. That's when they broke out the dvr service, so my bill should have been $5 higher. BUT, for some reason, they gave me 2 of the $5 autopay discounts.
The same thing happened to me as an existing customer when I switched from only the autopay discount (without a contract) to the Renewal Offer with the two-year contract and price lock. The following bill showed two of the autopay credits, and my autopay was $5 lower than normal. (Actually $5.01 lower, since the partial-month credit for dropping Flex Pack was a penny more than the partial-month charge for adding Flex Pack back with the contract.) The bill after that went back to the normal price. ($29.99 with no DVR or add-ons)

Let us know if you get this straightened out. I would love to get Flex Pack for only $24.99 per month! :)

No problem. I just figured if I showed you what I was seeing, it may help. DIRT replied and is trying to make sense of it as well. I know it's hard to figure out what someone had, when it doesn't show up as an option now.

So... what was the outcome?

DIRT is still working on it. Not sure why it takes over a week to figure out what happened. I went through godish.com when i bought the package, so I can't be the only one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)