Pricing Update from Dish Network

It might be saying all the receivers that you had active on your account in the past as they still have that shown until someone else activates it.

Note that adult programming cancellation fee went up also.

DOWNGRADE FEE
Transaction fee of $5.00 may apply when programming is removed. Transaction fee of $20.00 will be applied whenever adult programming is removed. Playboy is considered adult programming. This fee is applied once programming changes are saved.

. . . I wouldnt want to be a E rep at this time, as the bills come out its going to be UGLY.

I went passed their old HQ and "main" call center last night and they had a huge banner advertising openings for reps @$11 per hour. Ya think they're stocking up?

It use to be $14-17/ph. Ya think they are planning on "a little" attrition?

Last edited:
I went passed their old HQ and "main" call center last night and they had a huge banner advertising openings for reps @$11 per hour. Ya think they're stocking up?

It use to be $14-17/ph. Ya think they are planning on "a little" attrition?

AMERICAN E REPS must now compete with the world wide low pay call centers:( Chuck says anything to make a buck:(

Feel bad for the loyalty reps who will take the brunt of the abuse.

Its time to e mail sky reports again for so E gets some more bad press:)

Incidently FIOS charges no extra for high def channels, they are included in each package

Well, I took a look at the new 2010 info, and promptly called dish. I felt I had a valid argument regarding the extra costs, since they really are trying to imply that there are no new costs in their text.

After taking about 20 minutes for both the rep and I to agree that they were raising my price by $10 per month (started out they were saying it would be about the same) , I was transferred to another department once I started discussing the fact that I was going to have to cut services to avoid the price increase, as well as shop around. After 15 minutes with the other rep, they have me for at least another 3 months with free HBO & Starz and bumping the credit to $6/month for 3 months.

If you've been a good customer, and you are seeing a significant increase (as most AEP people should) I'd call and press them on it.

They offered me 11 bucks a month to stay. I am not interested.

5 buck a month 625s went to 17 bucks a month

E is insane to try to pull this on some of their best long term subs, with the economy the way it is

E is insane to try to pull this on some of their best long term subs, with the economy the way it is

so you canceled then (and made a bunch of people on the board happy that you wont be posting the same thing in every post)?

so you canceled then (and made a bunch of people on the board happy that you wont be posting the same thing in every post)?

ahh dont get your panties in a wad:) I will get my new provider installed and E canceled before my bill rollover date.

If you dont like my posts just dont read them or put me on ignore:)

My report of being offered 11 bucks a month discount for 6 months may be of use to others:)

$11/month for how many months? EDIT: I just read your later post... six months. They must not value you very much as a customer as I was offered $10/month for 12 months to stay.

As Scott has said, most Dish subs (long term or short term) won't see much of a change in their bill this year.

I did speak with a retention csr and was told that they will have a promo for free replacement boxes like a 211 starting feb 1st and that I could replace my 522 and 322 with 3 of them and save another $10, but I would have to commit to a 2 year contract. I only use the 322 as a duo and the other 2 are in single mode. If that turns out to be true then my bill would go up about $5 but I would have the option of adding more EHD's and have a hd box with dvr option for all my hd tv's.

I called today to try and get this deal, turns out to be complete bullsh#t. they now want $50 a box, had I done it last week with dish it up they would have only been $25.

They changed the prices for Dish 'N It Up starting yesterday. Some receivers are still free but others went back up in price.

Did they offer it to you? Or was that already part of your loyalty and receiver credits?

Well, I have spent 30 mins of my valuable time with Dish CSR about the upcoming price change on my account. I have total six of 622s and currently with AME+local+HD, and I am paying over 150+/month currently. With new price structure, I will be paying over 200 for the samething.

I questioned the CSR what would be a good reason (or any reason for that matter) that anyone would pay 30% more for the exactly same services?! CSR said that was a business decision that Dish don't get enough volume of high paid customers.... Then, I challenged CSR which business school that Dish business develoment personnal got the business degrees from, if that was the way being taught to increse "high paid customers"!!!!!!

Anyway, after much of off-loading my frastruations, Dish finally offered me the following discount for the next six month: $20 off for the special circumstance + $10 off for being the "everything package" subscriber + $5 off being a long time Dish customer, a total of $35 off, and result in a $15 net increase for my monthly bill for the next six month. No other condition or commitment from me.

I will take the offer and decide what to do during next six month....... one thing for sure, there is no way for me to pay $50 more for what I am having now!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts