primestar 84e lnb replacement

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadyone

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I'm trying to gather all my supplies after being reinfected with the fta bug after a 5 year break. One of the dishes I plan to use is a primestar 84e(40"x30"). The lnb on this dish has dual outputs which are for horizontal and vertical. Searching old posts I see that these lnbs are good but require a multiswitch to combine outputs. Someone posted that there is replacement lnb that would fit this dish. Is this still made and what is the source? I would like to know, since this is dish I salvaged and the lnb may not be good after 20 years. I also like the idea of one less switch.

Dual polarity flange mount Ku LNBs are not real common. A guy hates to change the feed horn on that dish because it is perfectly designed for it. I would try an Invacom QPF-031 (quad polar flange mount) if you can find one. There are some PLL KU LNBFs that are getting good reviews and may be suitable for a replacement. Check Titanium Satellite :)
My choice was to use the multi-switch and keep the stock setup. I have that focused on 103W KU and share the dish with all my receivers.

Last edited:
This looks to be the right lnb. Has anyone ordered from this company? The new 84e dishes look interesting but I wonder how high the shipping would be?

I see that these lnbs are good but require a multiswitch to combine outputs. Someone posted that there is replacement lnb that would fit this dish. Is this still made and what is the source? I would like to know, since this is dish I salvaged and the lnb may not be good after 20 years. I also like the idea of one less switch.

Those original LNBs are good and will probably last another 20 years. This ideal over shoving some aftermarket chinese lnb into the holder. The original is matched with the oval shape of your dish. For $6 you can buy a high quality Zinwell switch from E-bay. These are surplus new stock for use with older Dish or DTV installs. I have several in service.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZINWELL-2x4...lite_Signal_Multiswitches&hash=item5d52f7bb97

mepeIZLdtLiJzc4K37xZMrQ.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts