PrimeStar 84E with Dual FSS LNBs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BrettTRay

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
'Bama
I have a few primestar dishes with dual lnbs on them and i can't figure out what there for because i thought primestar only had one satellite location when they were still in operation. If anyone has any info or is just interested let me know and i will show u the pics of it

OK you have dishs good for a number of Ku sats depending on where you live and how big the dishs are. Primestar made three different sizes I think? I myself have three. Two smaller and one larger.

Primestar LNBs are standard KU with a LO freq of 10750. I think they are rated at 0.7 for noise? Dual LNBs you write? LNBS with two outputs? If so one should have a H the other a V next the the connector. Start by playing around with the V output and see what you can get. If you want both H and V transponders get some 3x4 switch's so you can combine the two. Buy a signal meter it will save you some time. The SF-95 are like under $15 with shipping on E-bay.

It's not a bad way to start with FTA. If you have 18" dishs and LNBs from DTV or Dish network you can also get stuff off of them two.

BrettTRay said:
I have a few primestar dishes with dual lnbs on them and i can't figure out what there for because i thought primestar only had one satellite location when they were still in operation. If anyone has any info or is just interested let me know and i will show u the pics of it

What he's talking about (I have seen the pics but have no other clue) is that the dish has an adapter, with two LNBF units on it. Each LNBF looks to be the standard one with two outputs (H and V, I would guess).

I don't know whether at some point P* was planning on a second satellite, or how many degrees apart the LNBFs are. His dish also has a skew adjustment on the back.

Thanks for clearing that up. Please post pics. Also could you tell us how far is it from the center of LNBF 1 and LNBF 2?

Lets ask it another way. What is the largest separation that the dish could handle? What size dish do you have by the way? How wide and how high?

Thanks

Pepper said:
What he's talking about (I have seen the pics but have no other clue) is that the dish has an adapter, with two LNBF units on it. Each LNBF looks to be the standard one with two outputs (H and V, I would guess).

I don't know whether at some point P* was planning on a second satellite, or how many degrees apart the LNBFs are. His dish also has a skew adjustment on the back.

Getting mixed up here does it look like the below picture?
(One LNB looks at G4R 99w and the other at DirecTV 101w)

Or is it a dual (H/V) with one LNB and two inputs like a lot of PrimeStar dish?

Attachments

• Pict0008.JPG
    Pict0008.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 206
The dish is a channel master 84E and the lnbs are the same ones you see on regular primestar dishes except there are two of them. They are spaced about the same as a dish 500's lnbs are. Sorry to sound like a dumb ass but how do i post pics on here.

I had the same problem when I first posted a picture : )

Click on "Go Advanced" before you post your reply its under the reply box.

Then click "Manage Attachments"

Then "Upload" your picture/s there.

Primestar Dishes

here they are!!!! Now what the hell is it?????

Last edited:
The part number for the lnb holder is #3041215 and i imagine that its made by channel master just like the dish. I may have to email channel master themselves.

Does the dish look like it had a skew on the back? Perhaps that was for the "Charter Anywhere" service in which had two lnbf's with a skew and was hooked up to some sort of switch. I personally think they used the same dish as PrimeStar and just covered their name up (as it appears what has been done on that dish).

I guess they are 9 or 10 degress apart sooo pick your fav two KU sats that are that far apart. Say IA 5 and F1 and using a signal meter see if you can get both?

Have fun!

BrettTRay said:
here they are!!!! Now what the hell is it?????

I got your first PM from you BrettTRay but it was blank. I got your second PM asking me if I got your first PM. Please send me another PM to me.

P.S. Charter Anywhere is not in service anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)