Primestar Dish/Equipment question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's EASY to make an elliptical Primestar dish into a multi-satellite multi-lnb Skewable dish. Just mount a BOAT SEAT swivel base between the dish and the mount! You only have to slightly enlarge the boat seat swivel holes, as it almost bolts right up as it is. You'll have to rig someway to lock the dish at the setting you want. I just drill a hole through both plates after adjusting where I want it, and use a self-tapping screw to lock them together.

Cabela's -- Swivel Seat Mounting Base

Then, you just add lnb's as needed, (use a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" electrical EMT tubing on the lnb arm, and mount the lnb's along it's length as needed) aim it at the sat you want with the strongest signal as the center sat, and then skew it to match the sat arc to bring in the sats to the left and right of it. Don't forget, the sat signals will cross over to the opposite lnb. Just like a Dish500, but better!

Of course, with multiple dishes, you can just use separate dishes, for each sat. Much better signal that way.

Great Idea!

yeah, here where I live there are at least 100 houses with an old primestar parked in the yard and I bet no one is using them for fta! One day I am going to go out and ask them all if I can haul them off, my town is home to only about 2000 population and I guarantee there are at least 40 just a 2 mile radius from my home, heck there are two abadoned houses right across the street with one in their yard and just on my street at least 15 of them!

Also buds! Must be 20 in my small town! I guess they never had cable here until 2000 or so because I know primestar ended in 98 or 99.

Have you considered the Traxis DBS3500 as a first receiver? They can be had for under $90 with shipping from various supppliers on the net. It is a very basic receiver with blind scan.
It is my only receiver so far and I'm very happy with it. Although I would like to get into a receiver wth DVR and HD maybe next year as my second receiver.
By the way, those pictures of the dishes are beautiful! I wish I could score some more of those Primestars!

retailer version

I have the primestar retailer version dish,channel master 1.0 meter.
It came off a radio shack roof,they sold primestar receivers in the early 90's

I sold Primestar in the day for Radio Shack..94-97

we had a fair amount of folks from Mexico and at the time cable had Univision for 12 hours (6a-6p) then it became PPV...sold many systems with this line

"Univision 24 hours a day" as I would have that channel on :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSR4200V DCII Receiver

bio.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)