Primestar G10R and IA7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I have in the process of setting up my primestar dish, I'm using the primstar LNB with seprate H & V outputs, I'm wondering if I can put another standard KU band LNB next to it to get IA 7

iafirebuff,

do you have some picks of your install aimed at G10 and IA7?

Here are some pics of my G10/IA7 setup. I am using a Fortec 80cm dish and 2 Sadoun KUL1 lnbfs.

Attachments

• fortec2.jpg
    fortec2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 262
  • fortec3.jpg
    fortec3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 283
  • fortec4.jpg
    fortec4.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 308
iafirebuff said:
As you face the dish, the one on the left is for G10 (the one in the lnb holder), and the one to the right is the IA7.

Larry check the attached picture to see if I'm understanding correctly.... If you face the dish wouldn't the IA-7 LNB be to the left of the G10 LNB?

Attachments

• fortec4.jpg
    fortec4.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 169
no because it reflects off the dish so they go on the opposite side.

I was confused the first time I tried it :)

I too was confused about the placement, until Mr. Iceberg got me straightened around :) I had always wondered why on my dish 500 the markings for 110 and 119 were on the "wrong side" :)

Iceberg said:
no because it reflects off the dish so they go on the opposite side.

I was confused the first time I tried it :)

Thanks Ice, it makes sense now :D

I should then aim my primestar dish directly at G10?

Also what disc switch should I use?

I would do that. WSTV on IA7 is pretty strong so that one being the offset should be fine.

As long as both LNB’s are standard (Primestar one is) you can use a 22k switch or a 2 way Diseqc switch

Iceberg said:
I would do that. WSTV on IA7 is pretty strong so that one being the offset should be fine.

As long as both LNB’s are standard (Primestar one is) you can use a 22k switch or a 2 way Diseqc switch

Sorry for all the questions, but which is better 22k switch or a 2 way Diseqc switch what are the pro's and con's of both?

Both do the same thing (switch between 2 LNB’s)

You can’t use a 22k switch with a Universal LNB (Universal LNB’s have a 22k built in)

Gary Z said:
Sorry for all the questions, but which is better 22k switch or a 2 way Diseqc switch what are the pro's and con's of both?

If you have standard dual lnb's at both locations, then I'd go with a 4x4 22mhz switch. then you can power up to 4 receivers off both sats (in case you want to expand).

If you are dealing with Universal lnbs then, like ICE said, you have to use a disqec switch. I guess the con to the disqec is limitations to # of outputs (i.e 4x1)

If you are working with more than one LNB. you always put the 2nd LNB on the opposite side of where it is in the sky (due to the bounce off the dish)

I got confused the 1st time I hooked up a Dish 500 and saw 119 110 on the Y (instead of 110 119)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts