Primestar G10R and IA7

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I still couldn't get IA-7.put the lnb on the right moved it up very little waited moved again skewed the lnb this way and that way.Signal finder was giving the tone I was hitting it or hitting something but just couldn't lock on to it.bUT not giving up I will find it.got G10R good got 30+ channels.I think it needs to be fine tuned but the bolt that runs through the top to fine tune the elevation is missing that fathead bolt it screws into and I have looked all over trying to find a replacement

when you sday "to the right" are you standing in front of the dish or behind it?

If you are behind the dish (or on the side of it) it goes on the "left" of the existing LNB

WyldCherry said:
well I still couldn't get IA-7.put the lnb on the right moved it up very little waited moved again skewed the lnb this way and that way.Signal finder was giving the tone I was hitting it or hitting something but just couldn't lock on to it.bUT not giving up I will find it.

Are you trying to find it hand-held, or are you using any sort of bracket, etc.? On a ladder, or standing on the ground?

Whenever I do a hand-held attempt (which is on a ladder) I always try to steady my hand using something on the dish as a support (other LNB, bracket) otherwise I find that even though I think I am holding it steady in the air, it is fluctuating and moving, enough that a signal may be missed.

If you look at the photo I posted earlier on this thread, you can see that the IA7 LNB is above the top of the LNB arm. If you have a bracket or a piece of flat metal you can bolt on to the top of arm, then you can rest your hand on this while you aim. When I aimed for it I had the bracket in place (a different one from the picture). As well, I had the LNB in a LNB holder which helped in the aiming at the correct angle to the dish.

Good luck!

I am aiming from the ground.had it above the lnb arm.I have a 3 lnb bracket I even tried like all the pictures put a piece of wood in between the lnbs and hose clamped them had the one for IA-7 a litlle higher than the one on G10R tried it higher then kept coming down real slow.just couldn't lock on to it.I had to manually add that satellite to my menu it wasn't there and I used the TP for White Springs 11989 is this correct for the SR 2821?

WyldCherry said:
I am aiming from the ground.had it above the lnb arm.I have a 3 lnb bracket I even tried like all the pictures put a piece of wood in between the lnbs and hose clamped them had the one for IA-7 a litlle higher than the one on G10R tried it higher then kept coming down real slow.just couldn't lock on to it.I had to manually add that satellite to my menu it wasn't there and I used the TP for White Springs 11989 is this correct for the SR 2821?

Yes, White Springs is 11989 H 2821, you might try 11880 V 30000, a stronger transponder. Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. I assume you are also moving it side to side as well as up and down.

Don't know whether the attached photos will help any, they show a side view and a view from underneath. The distance from the centre bolt to the bolt for the IA7 LNB is 2 inches, but the LNB holder is slightly twisted. Your LNB would have to be a bit higher than mine.

Attachments

• lnbdish1.jpg
    lnbdish1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 112
  • dishside.jpg
    dishside.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 103
hmm well I used a 2 inch piece of wood as a spacer then a hose clamp.my lnb was a little higher than yours.it may be I can't get it at all.have a mountain about 1 1/2 miles away I am trying to aim over

WyldCherry said:
hmm well I used a 2 inch piece of wood as a spacer then a hose clamp.my lnb was a little higher than yours.it may be I can't get it at all.have a mountain about 1 1/2 miles away I am trying to aim over

Don't know whether a 2 inch piece of wood would make it too far apart or not, but as you can see the IA7 LNB on mine points slightly inwards towards the G10R LNB from the bolt, if it was parallel to it I would get no signal.

If the mountain is blocking the satellite, then you are extremely lucky that you are able to get G10R!

I guess will have to give it another go tomorrow and see what happens.have to fix that fine tune bolt on the back anyways

WyldCherry said:
I guess will have to give it another go tomorrow and see what happens.have to fix that fine tune bolt on the back anyways

Good luck! The only other thing I can think of is you might want to try aiming the dish itself at IA7 (after marking on the dish where G10R is so you can easily get back to it). That would tell you for sure whether or not the mountain is blocking the signal.

ok no luck on IA-7.but not giving up.NOW the weird thing is I put the lnb on the left side of th G10 one.(when you are facing dish from the front).got a strong signal from the satellite finder came in the house checked echo7 all transponders nothing so I tried echo6 nothing went down the list came to IA-5 got 60%quality on TP9 11898 22000 and on TP23 12115 22425 thats the only ones I got.I moved lnb right left skewed it moved it up down.still thats all I could get and when I scanned it came up TV 1234567891011.no names and when I chose one no picture even at 60 %.I have no idea what I did or whats going on

gets even weirder.I checked Galaxy 3C and on TP 12 11930 H.I was getting 58% quality.Now elevation for IA-5 for me is 44.1 and I was no wheres near that my LNB was level with G10 one

WyldCherry said:
ok no luck on IA-7.but not giving up.NOW the weird thing is I put the lnb on the left side of th G10 one.(when you are facing dish from the front).got a strong signal from the satellite finder came in the house checked echo7 all transponders nothing so I tried echo6 nothing went down the list came to IA-5 got 60%quality on TP9 11898 22000 and on TP23 12115 22425 thats the only ones I got.I moved lnb right left skewed it moved it up down.still thats all I could get and when I scanned it came up TV 1234567891011.no names and when I chose one no picture even at 60 %.I have no idea what I did or whats going on

WyldCherry said:
gets even weirder.I checked Galaxy 3C and on TP 12 11930 H.I was getting 58% quality.Now elevation for IA-5 for me is 44.1 and I was no wheres near that my LNB was level with G10 one

Strange! You are not hitting IA5 (way too far away from G10R for you to be getting any signal), but are getting transponders that have similar frequencies. Checked lyngsat and couldn't figure out what satellite you are hitting!

You can use your IA5 listing as the satellite and then do a blind/smart scan to see what satellite and transponders you are actually picking up. Hopefully, there will be at least one FTA channel that can identify the satellite, or a fuller list of transponders will identify it.

I don't think the Traxis 4500 has the blind/smart scan.I was aiming for echo7 to get the radio channels.so thats what had me confused I knew there was no way possible to be hitting T5

WyldCherry said:
I don't think the Traxis 4500 has the blind/smart scan.I was aiming for echo7 to get the radio channels.so thats what had me confused I knew there was no way possible to be hitting T5

Just did a search, and the Traxis 4500 doesn't have a blind scan, unfortunately. What type of LNB are you using? For Echostar7 you need a circular LNB.

Guess the best way to find what satellite you are on is to go to lyngsat and look up any satellite that is close to G10R and copy down the transponder info for some of the FTA channels. Then go into your satellite list and see if any give you signal quality.

I'm using 2 Lava Universal .3db .I have some old Dtv lnbs would that work?I could have been hitting sat 121 its not in my list.I just thought of that.but don't know if that sat would be on the left of the other lnb

WyldCherry said:
I'm using 2 Lava Universal .3db .I have some old Dtv lnbs would that work?I could have been hitting sat 121 its not in my list.I just thought of that.but don't know if that sat would be on the left of the other lnb

Yes, you may be hitting 121. Try 12074 V 20000, apparently there is a "D121 SuperDISH info card" FTA.

If I recall correctly, I don't think the DTV LNBs will work for Echostar 7, but I am far from sure on that (I live in Canada so don't have any experience with either DTV or Dish LNBs).

Status
Please reply by conversation.