Primestar install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mother & son are doing fine.
Mama C-band had a 1.0x0.7 Primestar early this evening.

pic 1: mama & baby son. NOTE: this shows the offset of the primestar pretty well, both are pointing at AMC9

pic 2: close up of the bouncing baby-boy. NOTE: birth required use of the giant forceps seen in background :eek:

pic 3: WARNING, not for the faint of heart.. C-Band After Birth

pic 1: Congrats on the new edition to your family! :up I must say that mama still looks big and maybe more is on the way! :D

pic 2: That is one good looking little guy! He must of got his good looks from his dad! Thank goodness there is no resemblence to Charlie!!!... ;)

pic 3: They must of taken him "C" section which would explain all of that C-band afterbirth! :p

You never mentioned his height and weight!!!

I was wondering at what height is the little dish??? How much concrete did you use to weigh him down??? I also got very curious when I looked at the photo showing the post sticking out of the ground and I could not see any concrete. Is it under the debris??? :confused:

the dish is at about 4 1/2 feet. that was a 7 1/2' post and I stuck my tape measure in the hole and it was just over 3 feet deep
I used 100 pounds of quikrete to set that post and it was enough for me to put a nice "crown" or whatever you wanna call it in the top of the cement.
hard to see in the pics as it's on a hill.

mamma c-band is not pregnant any more.. she needs surgery later in the summer, so I'll let her recover and heal up. gonna go to the adoption center in Albion Michigan and adopt this next time.. ya know.. there's no such thing as a bad offset-dish parent.. and that 1.2 meter Patriot will be just as happy with me here in the middle of nowhere as he would be in the big city ;-)

edit: went back thru my pics.. now I understand your question.. that pic of the c-band afterbirth is at the bottom of the c-band dish. I asked the former owner of the house, that dish has been in place since 1988. the cement is about 3 inches down under the dirt

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts