Primestar LNB warm-up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I had my primestar disconnected yesterday to move the RG6. Last night when I hooked it back up to watch RTN, I found that after power-on it takes at least 5 minutes for a picture to come in. Like the LNBF has to warm-up.
is this normal for these?

when I first turned the pansat on, no picture at all. Got the message that the channel was scrambled. Q was around 29%.
Over the next five minutes, the Q slowly climbed up to about 50% and then finally the picture came in.

When hooked up to the BUDs Corotor, I never have to wait for the pic to come in like that.
Is this normal for a primestar LNBF or am I going to be replacing it soon?

TIA

I got eight Primestars and never experienced that warm-up period before. It could have been something with the box.

Don't sound right to me. My P* powers down all the time and springs right into action on command.

power makes heat, so if there is a bad solder joint, the heat will expand the lead into the hole in the pcb, id look for loose solder joints

I had color bars on the video 1, but the Q was also very low on that TP. I think in the 35% range. over the 5 minutes both TPs quality came up. So I think it might be something with the LNBF itself.

I had color bars on the video 1, but the Q was also very low on that TP. I think in the 35% range. over the 5 minutes both TPs quality came up. So I think it might be something with the LNBF itself.

Sounds like it, but since the two seem "connected" and both fluctuate in strength, try the main colour bars screen at 11775 H 4232, as that one is always strong and rarely fluctuates.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts