Primestar Metal Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its finished. SQ on RT and Al Jazeerra is 10 points higher than the 2076 Winegard. So size does matter. Im very pleased. I also posted some pics on how I mounted the multiswitch. It may be unconventional, but it was cheap and I like cheap. We will see how long it lasts before getting brittle.

Thanks to Stogie5150 and Anole for helping me out.

Ya did WELL. I am proud of ya. :D

For a switchbox, make friends with every cable installer you see, wait awhile, and ask him. I got two SWEET boxes from the Charter guy for my dishes...plastic telephone switchboxes work too. :)

Yep, cable installers can be your best friend. I bum most of my compression fittings from them. I stopped getting my cables from them when I found that most of them carry copper-clad steel center conductor cable. I prefer Perfect Vision 3 ghz satellite cable :) ...

I've got a 36" metal Primestar looks just like that.
....I gave $35 about 18 months ago for it.
Snap us a few pictures. This is the first one I have seen.

edit:
Oh, and again I forgot to thank 1captain for his pictures.
These may be rare, but with so many members, we've got 'em covered! ;)

New use for Primestar mount.

The dish is still used for FTA but I just tossed the original mount in the junk shed years ago. Now it's been reborn as a solar panel pole mount.

4524009881_78d316d24b_b.jpg

4524009771_a164250050.jpg

What timing. I just found one of these at the dump Saturday. It is metal and does say Primestar on it (no other markings though.) It measures almost 36" wide x almost 39" high. It does fit on the standard 2 3/8" chainlink fence post. Only one problem... Somebody cut off the LNB mount! Could one of you (that have this dish) tell me how long the center/bottom arm should be? AND the measurement from the bottom of the arm to the bottom of the LNB mount? I'm thinking I can fabricate an arm extension and LNB mount.

Also have a 1Meter metal primestar dish but the mount fits on a 3" pole. Haven't been able to find a 3" post/pole yet.

The metal channel (arm) at the bottom is 26 1/4 inches long. The lnb mount adds an additional 1/2 inch to it. So the entire length is 26 3/4 long. Bottom channel is 3/4 wide and 1 1/4 tall.
From the top of the channel to the lower part of the Feedhorn is 3 inches. Its about 4 1/2 inches from the bottom. Feedhorn is about 25 inches from the dish.

Hope that helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)