Problem "pairing" my vip722 with my LOGITECH REVUE with GOOGLE TV.

caboclipper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
I just can not pair my vip722 dvr with my logitech revue with google tv.

I am attaching 2 pics showing the error I get.

Help !

Attachments

• 2011-12-07_15-27-43_300.jpg
    2011-12-07_15-27-43_300.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 518
  • 2011-12-07_15-27-21_174.jpg
    2011-12-07_15-27-21_174.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 416
On the receiver, go to menu-6-1-9-5-settings and make sure UPnP is enabled on the receiver, then try pairing the devices again.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the receiver, and Revue, and pairing the devices again. Let me know if this does not work

Using the Revue keyboard, access "HOME" and highlight "Applications". Select "Settings" then "TV Source".

Select any devices listed under "Edit configured devices."

Then select "Disconnect Device."

After you do this, you should be prompted to pair again

Thank you MattG

I just did what you told me to do, I get the same result.
Forgot to mention that I have both my devices conneted to my home wifi network.

When I enter the code dish network gives me, is that case sensitive ? should I type the space between the 2 sets of numbers or should I replace it with a dash ? I have tried everything...

Thanks a lot for your support.

Google TV intergration

"Can you please PM me your account information? Do you have a sling adapter and are bridging the two devices?"

Sorry I am new to this. I am assuming that "PM" means personal message (maybe?) but I don't know how to do that.

I am trying to get the "Full Experience" DVR integration the Google TV from Sony (NSX-40GT1) and my DISH box VIP722x. I spend two hours with Sony who seems to think that the VIP 722x box may not work with my tv. However, I can't imagine that DISH, who is the only company who offers full integration, would not allow the two to be compatible. I am attempting to bridge them over my wireless network. I have also attempted to connect the two with an ethernet cable as but to no avail. This is causing me to second guess my choice of DISH. I wanted the full integration with Google and if it doesn't work I feel like I should have stayed with DTV.

When I go to Settings, Video Input, Configured Devices it gives me shows me in the "Select Available Source" the DISH DVR with the ip address and the DVR name. When I select the box it immediately does to "Add new device" and then I accept the DISH Network Experience. It prompts me to ender code for the DISH network receiver. I enter the code and it tells me fail every time.

Is there a special number at DISH I can call that only works with Google TV?

Also make sure you are not connecting the receiver to broadband using multiple methods. For example, if you have the Revue connected via wifi and the receiver connected to the Revue with an ethernet cable (the recommended setup), make sure the receiver is not using a USB wifi adapter or a HomePlug device as well. The pairing will fail if this is the case.

Got the sling pro hd box today and I had to report it works well with the google box and the sling player application. I can watch my living room tv on my bedroom tv in HD. I can also report that using DISH remote access I could watch different shows using my sling adapter , at the same time as I was watching the sling pro hd box, using tv 2 tuner in HD also. Thought they would conflict ,but they didn't. Since I have two google boxes in the house on my living room tv and one on my bedroom tv, I tested the sling player on both of them. It worked well even on the one connected to the 722k itself. I thought there would be some kind of conflicts , but it worked. So if you want to watch your living room tv in the bedroom in HD you can do it with the google box +sling player application. Very cool! :DThe sling extender I've been waiting for is finally here. IF only I didn't have to buy another sling pro hd box . It should of worked with the sling adapter I already had.

Also make sure you are not connecting the receiver to broadband using multiple methods. For example, if you have the Revue connected via wifi and the receiver connected to the Revue with an ethernet cable (the recommended setup), make sure the receiver is not using a USB wifi adapter or a HomePlug device as well. The pairing will fail if this is the case.

So if I'm currently using a Homeplug adapter to connect my 722 to the internet, when I install my Revue can I stop using the HomePlug and rely on the Revue's WiFi to provide the internet connection to the 722 via the ethernet cable??

So if I'm currently using a Homeplug adapter to connect my 722 to the internet, when I install my Revue can I stop using the HomePlug and rely on the Revue's WiFi to provide the internet connection to the 722 via the ethernet cable??
It will work for internet access that way. But, because your router doesn't see the 722 as part of your home network (it becomes part of a sub-net with the GTV), you won't be able to share files across the home network.

Did anyone ever get a solution to this? I just purchased a Vizio Co-Star and I cannot get it to pair to my 722k. I spent two hours last night trying to figure out why it wouldn't pair. Any help on this would be appreciated. Both wirelessly connect to the same home network and the remote will control the 722 but it won't pair which means if you use PrimeTime it won't tune to any channel. Very frustrating.

What do you mean by "pair"? Full integration used to cost $4/mo; there was even a place to add it over the net on MyDish.com. I thought the button to add integration was in the Programming section of our accounts. But I can't find it anywhere now! Probably Dish has joined Logitech in abandoning this product. :(

Yeah. It still does cost $4 for Google TV integration. I called and had it put on my account and it acts like it works since it now tries to pair the remote to the 722k. But the pairing fails every time. Nothing makes it work. I reset both the Co-Star and the 722k, I deleted the remote and re-added it, I removed Dish from the CO-Star and re-added it, But nothing seems to make the remote pair with the receiver like it is supposed to do.

Is the co-star co-located with your 722? This lack of functionality (along with the $4/mo!) was what kept me from adding it to my 722 back in the day. My 722 is in the basement, while my Revue is on my main TV in the family room.

Yeah. It is in the same physical location as the 722. It looks like it should work but that dang pairing is making me angry. The only reason I wanted it was for the PrimeTime app which makes searching a lot easier. If I can't get it to integrate I guess I will return the Co-Star. It has promise and I love the interface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)