Problem with GBOX and actuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BITD, we learned real quick to set the actuator limit switches. Too many times a customer thought they couldn't hurt anything, well they hurt it. And there is always the possibility of a relay hanging. BT,DT.

Reducing the motor power from 36 volts to 30 volts reduces the motor noise a lot. Of course your dish will turn a bit slower.

My Gbox went crazy last night. When I went to change sats it moved the dish east until the actuator "slammed" into the mount because it lost the east limit setting. Now I get an err2 indication when trying to bring the dish back to the west. I don't know if the actuator is toast but I'll have to take it down and see if I can get it to work again. This isn't the first time the Gbox has gone crazy. Apparently it's not trustworthy - especially if it loses the limits setting.

When i first installed my 6ft dish system in the late spring i had the same problem as you discribed above.When my HARL 3624 would go crazy and wouldnt stop the only way i could stop it was to unplug the g box.I was loosing my setpoints and after resetting then the actuator would work well for alittle while till it went crazy again.I ended up buying a v box but that didnt solve my problem.then bought the heavy QARL actuator from sadoun and that is working well so far.Just in case i do have some problems with the actuator again i also bought a replacement motor also from sadoun.Heres hoping this actuator will make it threw new englands harsh winter in one peice.

I wish they would build better quality positioners that work as well as c band receivers for moving the dish. My orb 7500 analog receiver can go a year without resyncing!! I do move my dish a lot.

I wish they would build better quality positioners that work as well as c band receivers for moving the dish. My orb 7500 analog receiver can go a year without resyncing!! I do move my dish a lot.

I guess there is no market for these things anymore except for a few.

I have noticed huge difference between positioners in accuracy, one positioner i have always gets back with a few pulses wrong from either directon, another one i have is dead spot.

The old days are dead sadly enough, it was high quality components in the old analog receivers like HTS, Drake, Chaparral etc, they don't make quality stuff like that anymore in the sat market, it's all scraps now and trying to find old stuff to get things working acceptably.

When i first installed my 6ft dish system in the late spring i had the same problem as you discribed above.When my HARL 3624 would go crazy and wouldnt stop the only way i could stop it was to unplug the g box.I was loosing my setpoints and after resetting then the actuator would work well for alittle while till it went crazy again.I ended up buying a v box but that didnt solve my problem.then bought the heavy QARL actuator from sadoun and that is working well so far.Just in case i do have some problems with the actuator again i also bought a replacement motor also from sadoun.Heres hoping this actuator will make it threw new englands harsh winter in one peice.

I just installed the QARL3624 a couple of days ago and I made sure that the limit switches were set this time. The west limit was factory set so I had to set the east limit. I need to do this on the newer dish also even though I've never had a problem with the 4DTV as a dish mover EVER. But, it's better to be safe than sorry especially considering how expensive the actuators are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts