Problem with Transponders.

rogue17

Original poster
May 10, 2012
Great White North
I got a problem and hope an installer can tell me what is happening.

I have Bell Satellite TV.
I have a 3100 that is connected to a SW-21 because a few years ago there were a couple of SD channels on Sat 82.Also I wanted to be ready for HD if I ever got an HD receiver.
The system was installed in 2005 and as of 10 months ago I started losing transponders. I would lose as many as 14 transponders than eventually all of them come back after a couple of days.Then all will be fine for months. The Signal strenghth varies fom 80%-100% with 8 tansponders having 100% signal. Some of the tranponders that I lose have 100% signal strength which is strange.Like I said they gradually comeback.I changed the cable and still the same thing happens.

Then I thought it could be my SW-21 or the LNBs But I know someone that has a 6131 with a SW-21.He was having the same problems as I was with transponders. He changed out his SW-21 for a DPP Twin so his cable goes directly to the port of the LNB. Signal strength is good but he still loses transponders which gradually come back after a couple of days.

I am wondering if this is a hardware issue or all the changes that Bell is doing. Changing channels around and adding some.Preparing for the launch of their new 91.1 satellite. And the transition to Mpeg-4. When Bell did their maintance not long ago I lost transponders which all eventually came back.

I am really confused as both my friend and I are having the same problems but we have 2 different receivers and have changed out different hardware parts and we still lose transponders that come back.Some of them have a solid 100% signal strength.:eek:

And this happens on nice sunny days. Sometimes it rains and winds are gusting and all transponers come in fine.:eek:

Any ideas on what is causing this.TIA.
:confused:

I wish I had an answer for you & myself. I have a new HD receiver and a couple of weeks ago I swapped my LNB and the problem improved immediately. Reception has been great until last night. I lost several HD & SD channels -- two Boston channels and several Canadian HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)