Problems with Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra Recv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
I just started working on the ARC and I am having problems with the receiver just changing information on the SATs that I have setup, for example, I set everything up for a standard LNB, which when the setting stay, I am able to scan and get in various channels. However over the last few days, I seem to be getting all my settings reset for some reason, not sure why.. Has anyone seen this before, the current System Information for the receiver is as follows:

Lifetime Ultra
FORTEC STAR-2.36
Boot ver : 6.0
06.21.2004(NTSC)

I am thinking about updating the software, but I am concerned due to the wording on Fortec's Website, if it is self updated.
Thanks
Rick

This seems to happen a lot with this receiver. Best thing to do is default to factory setting. Then every time you re-scan a particular satellite you have to first go in and Edit TP/Satellite and remove EVERY TP. except one. Then re-scan your satellite. Your stored channels will still be there when you re-scan and all the old unused TP. will be gone.

Since I started doing this I have never had a problem.

Its also covered here in more depth.....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59423&highlight=fortec

Strange way to fix the problem, I was beginning to think I didn't know what I was doing or I was doing something wrong. I will give that a go, of course, resetting to default I have lost everything..

Thanks Pete
Rick

What PSB says will work, I have the same problem and you have to delete the transponder before making another scan.

Wholeshoe

Oddly enough, I've never had that problem with my Fortec Ultra... and I am constantly scanning. Could be though that mine is newer... it was manufactured in 12/04.

snathanb said:
Oddly enough, I've never had that problem with my Fortec Ultra... and I am constantly scanning. Could be though that mine is newer... it was manufactured in 12/04.

Have you updated the software in the unit or are you using the originally supplied. In either case what is the information from your System Information Screen?

Rick

Its always best to clean out some of the transponder lists on the satellites you scan often
T6, G11, SBS6, AMC9

If there are feeds that you have stored on those transponders, they'll still hold in the unit even if you delete them :)

Rick in MD said:
Have you updated the software in the unit or are you using the originally supplied. In either case what is the information from your System Information Screen?

Rick

Original Software... I'll have to wait till I get home to check out the version.

snathanb said:
Original Software... I'll have to wait till I get home to check out the version.

Any update?? I am working under these new contraints and everything seems to be going good so far.

Rick

I too have the same problem. I'm afraid to rescan. I'm going to try what Ice suggested, and delete some TPs first, to see if that helps.

Mike

I am having good luck with this work around.. I will update should anything change.

One of my customer does has another problem on this receiver, on a sudden, this receiver gave then a bland screen, when I was there, it gave me signal quality on like 68 at the polish channel at AMC 4, but can not get any picture. Turn off and unplug the receiver do no good on this, did the default on the receiver, now only can get a single TP, and can not put or store any other TP, loan another receiver to customer and I took the receiver home and will check it out this week end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)