Problems with Multi-LNB Bracket

FTARock20

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
USA
Got a multi-LNB bracket online, but since installing, I've been having signal trouble. I have my dish aimed at 97W and am used to 60-65 percent signal strength on my receiver; after adding this bracket (and realigning the dish), the best I have been able to get is 43 percent. What can/should I do here if I want to run multiple LNBs on my dish. Am located in south MS if that matters. Pictures of my setup are attached.
20200618_225021.jpg
20200618_225043.jpg

In comparison to your photo here
it LOOKS like the LNB is now positioned a bit higher?
Or is that a photo distortion?

In that case the LNB is now positioned at another offset angle.
Best would be to find the original LNB position again.
Otherwise you could alter the dish elevation, to account for the changed LNB position; that is the second best option.

60-65 percent signal strength
Strength is not a very importnat or conclusive measure. I assume you mean signal quality (SNR)?

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: FTA4PA and RimaNTSS
In comparison to your photo here
it LOOKS like the LNB is now positioned a bit higher?
Or is that a photo distortion?

In that case the LNB is now positioned at another offset angle.
Best would be to find the original LNB position again.
Otherwise you could alter the dish elevation, to account for the changed LNB position; that is the second best option.

Strength is not a very importnat or conclusive measure. I assume you mean signal quality (SNR)?

Greetz,
A33
I have to agree - it does look considerably higher than the way it was mounted in your previous thread. Is it possible to mount your multi-lnbf bracket on the underside of the arm? It wouldn't lower it much but it might make a difference - worth trying anyway - otherwise you may need to find a different bracket or improvise one on your own that functions as you need it too. Also, make sure you have adjusted the lnbf skew correctly for your location. Good luck! :)

You guys have said exactly what I thought too. Thanks! And yes, I did mean quality, apologies. I may try to mount it differently, but would anyone here know the best way to build my own bracket? What do I need to buy, and how should I put it together? Thank you very much.

The seemliest one is on attached pictures. There are nothing you can not buy in the nearest HomeDepot style shop. You will need M8 threaded rod, bunch of nuts, bolts, washers. Some eye-bolts. 40mm pipe-clamps. Everything is galvanized and really cheap. Maybe looks not so sexy, but it works OK. a.jpgb.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
Will this be okay? Currently getting 91W on the center lnb with 74 percent quality on most transponders, 97W on right lnb 43-60 percent on most transponders. Getting 3rd lnb and diseqc switch tomorrow. Anything else I need to keep in mind or am I set?

Attachments

• 20200620_001212.jpg
    20200620_001212.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 355
Reactions: FTA4PA
Will this be okay? Currently getting 91W on the center lnb with 74 percent quality on most transponders, 97W on right lnb 43-60 percent on most transponders. Getting 3rd lnb and diseqc switch tomorrow. Anything else I need to keep in mind or am I set?
If it's doing what you want then it's ok. :D
Keep us posted on your progress. :):thumbup

Last edited:
Anything else I need to keep in mind or am I set?

With 91W as central LNB-position, the tilt of the LNBs/ tilt of the multifeedrail (in 30.5N, 89W) should be about +3.4 degrees towards the horizontal (3.4 degrees clockwise, when seen from behind the dish). So that is rather near horizontal, as you already have it. :)

Greetz,
A33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)