Problems with R10 Box and/or Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joeblogs

Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Please help: Problems with R10 Box and/or Remote

I recently purchased an R10 DVR. It is currently hooked up to my AV receiver via yellow "RCA" composite cable, with the AV being connected to my TV. (Don't have S-video yet.) I am having a strange problem when using the Tivo-based R10 remote. Very frequently, when I press certain buttons on the remote, the TV input mysteriously switches from "Video Input" to "Antenna Input". (I have no RF connection hooked up from the TV to anything else). So, it's like one minute I have a picture the other minute I get snow. It requires me to take my TV remote and hit the TV/Video Input source button to get back the Video feed. I never had this problem with cable boxes, or any other type of Video component input.

I contacted D* and they had never heard of this problem. I actually returned the R10 and got a brand new one, but the problem remains. Is this most likely a TV issue? Can anyone offer a suggestion? (Besides the obvious, which we be to buy a new TV.) Thanks.

No, it happens when I push the thumb pad key in any direction. I'd estimate that 1 push in 10 will trigger the event. I don't have the remote programmed to conrol the TV at all, so the TV/Input button does nothing when pushed.

Yes it is! I'll following the instructions in the link you provided.

Thanks guys for the help!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts