Prodelin #3 saved from the dumpster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
About 5 miles away from my home in another town a bank closed 2 years ago. Lately renovations have been going on at the bank from a new owner. I've been watching a 6' Prodelin high in the air, just sitting there for years. This morning it was on the ground. I immediately pulled in to inquire about it's future. The construction engineer wasn't on site yet but a kind fellow already at work that took it down yesterday called him. He said it's mine and would have been in the dumpster this morning had I taken a different road. My son and I have a project for tonight. :D

Pics to follow.

say what?

Lol, I trash dishes like this all the time in NC..
Anyone want my next Spacenet 1.2 de-install?
Just the dish, they want LNB and transmitter back
Corrado was talking about a fairly common 6' offset dish.
Not everyone can use one of those to full effect.

But, a 4' dish?
You'll have fellows buying you beer 'n pizza for years to come! - :D
Those are stamped metal, aren't they? ...or, molded plastic?
Show us a picture, just to clarify.

like to see pics ever since i got into fta c band i ditch cable and im in love with the results

I missed some good dishes awhile back, a bank closed, and they had a 1.8,a 2.4, and what looked like a 3 meter, all ground level, all commercial. About a month ago I passed that bank, it is offices now, and all that was left was the poles. Grrrrrrrrrrr:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Nice score OP.:up

I missed some good dishes awhile back, a bank closed, and they had a 1.8,a 2.4, and what looked like a 3 meter, all ground level, all commercial. About a month ago I passed that bank, it is offices now, and all that was left was the poles. Grrrrrrrrrrr:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

When stuff like that happens to me, my therapest (wife) says to think that some other sat guy saved them and everthing will be allright!!!... :rolleyes:

About to go get mine

Well I'm about to head out to where I lived in the past and pick up the 1.8 m Prodelin I left in storage that I de-install several yrs ago. It will be mounted to what I hope is a still working Ajax (heavy duty) H2H drive. Plan is to make it a working minibud C/Ku dish. I'll be picking up what was my sat dish trailer that I will remove the pole and supports from then I will build a non-pen mount to set on the ground (using pressure treated wood). The non-pen will be weighed down w/ 3 80 lb bags of concrete (or more if needed). I have just purchased a 13K C & .2db Ku noise figure DMX741U C/Ku LNBF and on the way and a conical scalar. Recently emailed Prodelin and found out the correct focal length for the dish. So in the next month will be setting it up w/ a Coolsat 8100HD FTA rec and maybe a V-box 7 positioner.

We stopped at the bank Friday evening after work and had the dish stripped down and loaded in 38 minutes. It must have had hundreds of bees still active and luckily I brought the bee spray.

The 6' reflector is the same as my other 2 but this one had a heater setup the others did not. That required a different feed arm with less support than my other Prodelins. I also included a photo I took of this dish 3 years ago. Note the height of the dish in perspective to the 6' reflector when it was on the pole, I'm glad someone else took it down.

I have a pole already in the ground with nothing on it. It should be up in a day or so and converted to C band like the others behind the barn.

Attachments

• Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 226
  • bank_Prodelin.jpg
    bank_Prodelin.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 241
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts