Prodelin number 2 goes up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I put up the second 6' Prodelin I obtained 2 weeks ago. This one isn't quite as well built as number one, but was also free for the take down.

I have been testing it out along side it's brother for a few days now. After the winter it might find another location, but for now it's up. These dishes are heavy but strip down and reassemble on the NPRM rather easily for 2 people.

I noticed a few interesting test results so far as compared to the 6' Fortec that I've been toying with lately. The Fortec dish can receive 97° and 99° C and Ku using a 621 LNBF from bleed over due to the small reflector, which is fun. This makes it easy to ghetto point. I use my Pansat 2700a for a pointing tool. It has TPs scanned in across the arc so it's pretty quick to catch a signal and figure out where you are.

The offset Prodelin doesn't do that. It requires more precise adjustment for azimuth and elevation and needs to be tweaked for changes. I put a Geosatpro C2 on it last night in place of the 621. My rigged up scalar bracket is adjustable built from scrap metal in the same measurement as the brother dish bracket, while not scientifically engineered to any spec other than what the original transmitter location was. From there I tweak until it finds the sweet spot for max signal.

Some pics for those interested.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 291
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 285
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 300
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 297
Amazing and free.. Boy I gotta move, but its a mortgage not that easy lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)