Program Guide Will Not Download

Just came back

Did another reboot. I have program guide back again. Wow, now that was awhile. I will start marking down how long the guide lasts this time. This is something that has to be fixed.

Keep trying

Mine was over 24 hours too. A reboot has always fixed it but that of course should not be necessary. Try a reboot of box. You will know if you were successful within 30 minutes.

After reading of some successes with additional reboots, I tried a soft reboot again late Sunday afternoon and had the pg return in about 1 1/2 hours.

Glad to have this forum to learn, help and encourage.

I wonder how many of the 1000's of Voom subscribers (that don't know about satguys) also lost their program guide.

Shelly

I hard-rebooted, also did the "Verify Voom" step, and the PG came back pretty quickly. Not sure which step fixed it but I didn't have the patience to do a controlled experiment. Just happy it's working again...

I tried to reboot yesterday. Did a soft reboot (power button) and made sure not to switch channels after that. In 10-15 minutes I had my PG. No problems here!

Update: I talked to VOOM engineers today. They have indeed experienced some problems with the PG over the weekend. They are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Ilya.

Same problem but worse

just 1 hour before the super bowl i unpluged my voom accidentaly when i was instaling a dvd rw so i pluged it back in to find the pg info :info gone...whats worse is that there is a parental lock (which i never set up) which wont let me view Non rated programing so i cant watch the game till i get the program info!!
Can anyone help? ive tried resets and ive tried the 0000 password but nothing works so for now im just waiting and praying that the info will download :confused: :no !sadroll :down

I would really apreciate any help! Pharoah6905@yahoo.com

pharoah6905,

welcome. for the parental lock call the csr so that they can send a hit to the box. About the pg you may be able just to tune to the channel without the PG information and the channel is going to tune.

pharoah6905, don't do more reboots. Each reboot clears the PG. Just switch to channel 100. You should have the PG in a few minutes.
Also, as Sean suggested, you can call VOOM and ask them to reset your pin. Once they do it, try "0000". Good luck!

Customer service representative ;)
In other words, call 1-800-GET-VOOM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)