programming and multiple dsr922s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Can you get programming on multiple receivers without paying for two whole subscription packages? I want to have two receivers hooked up to two tvs. I emailed skyvision a while back and they said it was possible with the 410s.

Since the 410s were out of stock I picked up a couple of 922 off of ebay. Now that I have setup a fixed W5 dish, I am looking to get programming. I called skyvision and I was told that it's not possible.

Can someone tell me is it possible or not? Was the first email just wrong?? Or is it only possible with the 410s?

Thanks

I didnt think it was possible at all. I havent heard of the 410's being able to be "mirrored" like that

In all the years I've been with C Band and 4DTV, it's only been one receiver for each account. However, I have run multiple receivers at the same time, same provider with different programming packages on each receiver no problem.

I'm sure it's to prevent you from having multiple subbed receivers and sharing them with friends.

I never really understood the mentality to charge someone who wanted two receivers for two seperate subscriptions. They had phone jacks on the back which I am pretty sure they could have used to verify that both receivers were i same household. They (GI/M) cut their own throat and this was one of the ways.

I'm wondering if this will be a possibility with HITS, I'm sure it's up to them if they want to take the risk. As DirecTV does take the risk as they have no way of actually verifying because so many people have dumped their home phone lines to go cell only, they would loose too many customers to require a phone line to get service on more than one receiver. I heard DishNet makes random phone calls asking people to read back info from each TV in the same phone call. Perhaps HITS could do something similar.

I'd love to have my 905 and 922 mirrored to each other, but I would have to switch to a LNBF then, I already have a compatible Zinwell switch.

comcast allows multiple cable boxes in the same house...since essentially comcast is sort of our new provider maybe they may let us have mirrored boxes...its not like so many people have c band dishes that account stacking will be a problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)