Protection Plan.?.?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeremiahpreston

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Ok so I signed up for D lastnight and noticed that they did not include the protection plan. When I signed up with E they did. I was wondering two things. One, do you guys think that it is worth the price
? Seeing that in my thinking if the receivers are LEASED then they should be completly covered the ENTIRE time I have them thus if there is an issue D would replace for free but I really don't know how that works so please fill me in. The second question is if I don't have the protection plan and run into a problem can I simply call and add it on and then call back and set up the service under the protection plan? I know you could do that with E. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

If you sign up for the protection plan you have to wait 30 days before it goes into effect. It saves you shipping charges if they have to send you a replacement receiver. Also your commitment goes back up to 2 years if your receiver was out of warranty, and with the plan it doesn't. If you need to have a tech come out for any reason it will save you $70. Covers dish alignment, wiring, remotes, etc.
You may pay for it and never need it, just depends on how lucky you are, or if you live somewhere with severe weather that could change your dish alignment.

If you sign up for the protection plan you have to wait 30 days before it goes into effect. It saves you shipping charges if they have to send you a replacement receiver. Also your commitment goes back up to 2 years if your receiver was out of warranty, and with the plan it doesn't. If you need to have a tech come out for any reason it will save you $70. Covers dish alignment, wiring, remotes, etc.
You may pay for it and never need it, just depends on how lucky you are, or if you live somewhere with severe weather that could change your dish alignment.

DirecTV has recently increased the price of service calls from $70 to $90 to make the protection plan more attractive to new customers.

To the OP - when the tech comes out and installs the equipment, you will be asked to sign a lease agreement. At the bottom of that lease agreement is an option to sign up for the protection plan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)