Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Anyone have the direct line to call if you have the DPP? I have a HR10-250 that anyime signal is interrupted (storm, OTA signal breakup, etc) the damn thing reboots, I have called Direct about it 3 times... they jsut tell me to call when the issue is occurring.. well when it occurs it immediately reboots and you cant do crap with the receiver for 10-15 minutes during the bootup... they want to send a tech to look at the receiver... fine, but they wont be coming when bad weather occurs... they cancelled the tech when i said that... jsut told me to call back next time.

Ive also had the issue of this thing not responding to remote or panel buttons, but a reboot once a week takes care of that... Im jsut tired of that happening while im watching something and bam reboot (if im watching soemthing recorded as soon as the signal is interrupted (even pixelate) it reboots)

I have done the clear and delete to no avail... it actually rebooted that night when a storm moved through.

so anyway.. anyone have the number, i think im gonna switch the receiver out....

i think you need to call the main number and ask for the folks who handle protection plan issues. i just had to have a service call a few weeks ago (after an installation). eventually, i got to speak to the right people who hooked me up.

I've never had a problem getting Directv to replace a receiver.Call them up , and tell them you want a replacement.If you have protection plan its free.

thanks, i called back and the second i mentioned the protection plan he said he could replace the receiver. strange thing is... he told me to throw away the old 10-250 when the new one is activated... doesnt that seem strange? I guess if thats the case I could ebay it and say it needs a hard drive or explain the issue, but its just odd.

he told me to throw away the old 10-250 when the new one is activated... doesnt that seem strange?.
Not really. Them Receivers are outdated. Directv is moving all their HD to MPEG-4,So Mpeg 2 receivers really won't even work in a few years."FOR HD" They must not think its worth fixing when the HR-20 is taking over.

Not really. Them Receivers are outdated. Directv is moving all their HD to MPEG-4,So Mpeg 2 receivers really won't even work in a few years."FOR HD" They must not think its worth fixing when the HR-20 is taking over.

If thats the case I think i may jsut cannibalize the hard drive out of it :)

OH lord customer service from hell

so got the replacement receiver today, it ended up being a HR20-700, I wasnt going to complain.... I hook it up, power it on and run through the setup... set up the antenna... look at the signal levels, ant 1 fine, ant 2 nothing, go through several channels...tuner 2 gets nothing.... oh boy...

Call directv... first tech tells me the hr20 doesnt have an antenna input.. then hangs up... yay

Call again... this tech tells me that the receiver only has one tuner (no doubt because he was looking at a design of the back of it) when i argue and point him to the spec sheet he hang sup on me... oi

Call again... this tech while nice and polite didnt have a clue but her script was good, for the sake of my sanity i worked with her... at first she said the unit only had 1 tuner, I pointed her to the spec sheet, she puts me on hold for a sec, comes back and apologizes, then says the receiver has to be activated to work, well okay its a theory but seems a little off...she activates it and suddenly it starts a software download and reboots (there goes 30 minutes...) it comes back up with the new white design... she has me repeat the antenna setup... finally we get back out to tuning channels... same issue.. 1 channel will work then the next will then itll flip flop... so I guide HER to the meter screen, imagine that it wont work... she puts me on hold for 20 minutes (not an estimate).. and comes back saying they are going to replace it... yay, another 10 minutes and its done.. but wow

I often get the test as the 2nd tuner (OTA) not working, but I don't believe it, because it always works when I need it, I think the test just reads it wrong.

Sometime it will read OK and others it will read nothing.

Jimbo

I often get the test as the 2nd tuner (OTA) not working, but I don't believe it, because it always works when I need it, I think the test just reads it wrong.

Sometime it will read OK and others it will read nothing.

Jimbo

it wouldnt work when trying to change from one ota channel to another.

I respectfully disagree ...

Jimbo

OH?

I mean if I went from one ota to another (if the first one tuned) the second would give me a searching for signal message, if i switched between a sat channel and an ota channel it was about a 50% chance it would tune or give the error (I tried for about an hour)

So say I got channel 36-1 tuned... if I punched in or went to in guide 27-1 i would get a searching for signal message... and if i somehow got 27-1 to tune it would give me the searching message on the other (any other) channel.

I mean seriously unless im missing something whenever tuner 2 of the OTA was trying to be used it wouldnt tune it at all.

One thing I noticed was when I was switching between channels on the signal meter screen is that tuner 2 would sometimes litterally go to 30% for less than a second but then drop off.

What am i doing wrong... if i cant just switch between channels then something whether hardware or software is broken.

You just like to cause trouble. ;) :D

you know me well enought to know I Wouldnt spend a long time on the phone trying to figure it out... if i had had it a while and this issue cropped up ide probably rip it open and troubleshoot

you know me well enought to know I Wouldnt spend a long time on the phone trying to figure it out... if i had had it a while and this issue cropped up ide probably rip it open and troubleshoot

Yeah I know, it sounds like a broken wire in that internal splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts