PS3- Firmware 2.36 Now Avail

I'm not a "fanboy" for either side, but really, bringing in "trophies" in this stage of the game does look a little pathetic on Sony's end.

I bet they did research on people with both systems (360 PS3) and asked "What makes you pick one version over the other?" and found that many people mentioned the Achievements system of 360. I'll be the first to admit that that is a significant factor when I choose which version of a game I want to play/buy. All things being equal (or moderately equal, which right now they usually are,) I'm just going to get the 360 version to get those points.

I see myself mainly enjoying the dual-platform games on the 360, and then using the exclusives on the respective machines (and so far it seems that MGS4 is a very respective exclusive. :) )

Thanks for the heads up, AriesGodOfWar.

The only update I care about at this point is one that will let me play CDs from an external source (connected hard-drive or networked PC) with the tracks all in track number order rather than alphabetical order by song title. (Who the heck came up with that one?)

It's pathetic, but it will work to a degree, and will get me to play my games a bit more than I have.

Achievements are a big reason why I'll get something for the 360 and not the PS3 (and even purchase some bargain bin titles)... but the even bigger reason is that my friends all have 360s, while only 1 has a PS3. I am not really sure how to fix this. Some have had urges to buy, but then are discouraged because you can't find an 80gb anywhere for the last 4-5 months. Now the urge has passed.

IMO it will take a price cut to make it more of an impulse purchase instead of an investment (see also: Wii) to bring more of my friends in. On top of that, stuff like this has to stop happening: Last Remnant dev says Unreal Engine cause behind PS3 delay - PS3 Fanboy

One thing that would kinda help e-peen wise, is for sites like this to get more popular, and collate all of your gamerstuffs into one unified 'tag' or handle: gamerdna.com (formerly guildportal.com or guildcafe.com?). Here's my profile that I threw together quickly: http://www.gamerdna.com/member/meStevo.

It's pathetic, but it will work to a degree, and will get me to play my games a bit more than I have.

Achievements are a big reason why I'll get something for the 360 and not the PS3 (and even purchase some bargain bin titles)... but the even bigger reason is that my friends all have 360s, while only 1 has a PS3. I am not really sure how to fix this. Some have had urges to buy, but then are discouraged because you can't find an 80gb anywhere for the last 4-5 months. Now the urge has passed.

IMO it will take a price cut to make it more of an impulse purchase instead of an investment (see also: Wii) to bring more of my friends in. On top of that, stuff like this has to stop happening: Last Remnant dev says Unreal Engine cause behind PS3 delay - PS3 Fanboy

One thing that would kinda help e-peen wise, is for sites like this to get more popular, and collate all of your gamerstuffs into one unified 'tag' or handle: gamerdna.com (formerly guildportal.com or guildcafe.com?). Here's my profile that I threw together quickly: http://www.gamerdna.com/member/meStevo.
If they want a good reason, the new MGS4 bundle is a good reason to. I did it that way. Also remind them that they are not limited to the HDD that comes with it. If Sony did something really smart, it was allowing regular HDDs to be installed in their machines. Much better than M$ doing the crap with proprietary hardware (when will people learn!?)

Gah, filler updates suck. This is what made the PSP useless.

Also, Trophies and In-Game XMB are both knocks off of the 360, but both are needed to compete.

They are concerned with backwards compatibility not HDD size, and games they want to play (hence the need for BC). Nothing has come out for PS3 that they really want to play aside from Uncharted and maybe MGS. I am not a good advocate for MGS, as I played it once on release day, had a poor experience, and haven't made the time to play it again.

They are concerned with backwards compatibility not HDD size, and games they want to play (hence the need for BC). Nothing has come out for PS3 that they really want to play aside from Uncharted and maybe MGS. I am not a good advocate for MGS, as I played it once on release day, had a poor experience, and haven't made the time to play it again.
Yeah the lack of BC REALLY puzzles me... Sony has always been good about that, and for them to just remove it from the most popular model makes no sense to me. Going from hardware to software emulation I understand, but total removal.. especially when there are still a decent number of PS2 games being released.. just makes no sense. There are better ways to cut down on costs than removing a feature that will make people WANT to buy it.

Yeah the lack of BC REALLY puzzles me... Sony has always been good about that, and for them to just remove it from the most popular model makes no sense to me. Going from hardware to software emulation I understand, but total removal.. especially when there are still a decent number of PS2 games being released.. just makes no sense. There are better ways to cut down on costs than removing a feature that will make people WANT to buy it.

It's worse when they then say they did it not to cut costs, but because they feel there are enough PS3 games to justify it.

Just making the video game console able to play fewer video games.

I wonder if there is a way for Sony to make the 40Gb backward compatible via a software emulator with a firmware upgrade/download. That would definitely make me happy, and would not require them to alter the current production chain.............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts