PS3 game for non gamer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep. I've downloaded a few. Now to find time to try them out.

I was stumped in Drake. Is there a cheaters guide to walk you thru the beginning until you get the hang of it?

I was stumped in Drake. Is there a cheaters guide to walk you thru the beginning until you get the hang of it?

Scroll down to Chapter 4: Plane Wrecked: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Walkthrough - IGN FAQs

The boxed-out areas represent some of the treasures you can find throughout the game, though I don't think they are in place in the demo.

After I downloaded this demo, I had a lot of issues myself, but I just kept going at it until I got used to the controls, targeting system, and other game-play mechanics. It just became totally addictive, and I played the demo over and over until I broke down and bought the whole game. The action and outdoor scenery and environments are worth a little new-gamer aggravation at first.

I am a 61 year old gamer. Drake's Fortune is GREAT! The graphics are fantastic, and it is part shooter, part puzzle solving. And yes, you can find walkthroughs on the web that you can download, or copy/paste, for free to give you a hint of what to do next when you hit that stumped part. Just Google the name of the game followed by Walkthrough to find them.

Motorstorm has some neat graphics, but is hard and requires faster reflexes. My 10 year old grandson goes through it like crazy .. it's all I can do to stay on course ... or even figure out where the damn course is :rolleyes:

I also fell in love with Assassin's Creed. The storyline is great, and the game much more realistic than most. It follows history to some degree. Your weapons are your fists, a longblade, a shortblade, and throwing knives. That is a really nice touch ... no magic involved, no heavy duty dream machine guns in the middle ages. The scenery is also fantastic. You walk around 3 ancient cities. Jerusalem in the game looks exactly like photos taken of old Jerusalem you'll find on the web.

I was surprised by Grand Theft Auto 4. The graphics are not the best, but the game itself is actually fun playing. I was a bit leary about it at first, but after renting it, had to keep going. It's neat that it is a wide open game. You do have tasks to complete, but can spend time just wandering around doing your own thing ... playing 8 Ball, taking your cousin or your girlfriend bowling or shooting darts.

One big suggestion, other than downloading demos, which is a great way of trying games out on a limited but free basis ... RENT. Blockbuster Video, Hollywood Video ... you can rent a game for a few dollars for a few days and really see what the full version is like ... too tough, or fun and not that bad for your level of reflexes and style. There are also a couple of online rental clubs, like Gamefly.com, where for less than $20/month you can continually try different games.

I
One big suggestion, other than downloading demos, which is a great way of trying games out on a limited but free basis ... RENT. Blockbuster Video, Hollywood Video ... you can rent a game for a few dollars for a few days and really see what the full version is like ... too tough, or fun and not that bad for your level of reflexes and style. There are also a couple of online rental clubs, like Gamefly.com, where for less than $20/month you can continually try different games.

Avoid the online game rental company Gottaplay.com like your life depended on it. I wish I had read some online reviews of it before I signed up. Unfortunately, it's completely turned me off all similar services for renting games.

Minor Drake spoiler near beginning.

navychop said:

I can relate to you amd Neilkin as I'm also a "mature" gamer :D but have played Tombraider type games on the computer for years.

We recently bought a PS3 and Ghost Recon II (I think). I couldn't begin to keep up with my kids in Ghost, so I downloaded "Drake: Uncharted" too.

The first couple times I couldn't figure out anything. Then I turned Hints on and it told me to shoot the padlock on the gate and kick it open which opened up a new area.

From there just figure out how to climb low rocks and walk across logs and you're in business.

Don't be afraid to put the game on "easy" when you're starting out, learn how to hide behind things for cover and this game really starts to be a lot of fun. I know on the east setting, you can retreat (hate to admit that:)) and you'll "heal" back to fighting strength.

The demo goes on for quite a ways and you get to use different weapons & grenades. Really - stick with it and I think you'll eventually enjoy it. I'm definitely going to check EBay for the full version. BTW, I've made it to Juarez in Ghost Recon :D

Yes, I have the demo on Easy. I figured out about shooting the padlock, and can walk around and climb rocks. And I saw some skeleton like thing in the woods, but could not "interact" with it. Maybe I should have shot it. At that point, I felt like it.

But I haven't found a way out of the same area I'm walking in, by the falls. Just seem to go around in circles. But I ran out of time, so when I get a chance I'll try again and use the walk thrus. Thanks.

I have greater hopes for "Civ" - gotta find time for that demo, too.

Yes, I have the demo on Easy. I figured out about shooting the padlock, and can walk around and climb rocks. And I saw some skeleton like thing in the woods, but could not "interact" with it. Maybe I should have shot it. At that point, I felt like it.

But I haven't found a way out of the same area I'm walking in, by the falls. Just seem to go around in circles. But I ran out of time, so when I get a chance I'll try again and use the walk thrus. Thanks.

I have greater hopes for "Civ" - gotta find time for that demo, too.
Forget the skeleton thing, afaik it has no purpose in the game. Let me think (my head's into Ghost Recon now):).......Ok, I can't remember which direction it is but once you go through the gate, I think if you look around you'll find a clip of ammo and then you head upstream and eventually you can climb up on successive, low rock tiers to a small plateau that has a log across to another area. As you approach the log, a bird will fly across.

Now as you cross the log, you have to literally tip the controllers back and fourth to maintain balance on the log. If you slide off (you will :)), you'll hang there and can climb back up by pressing the "X" button.

Very soon after you cross the log you'll come under enemy fire and this is where the action starts. I don't want to give away too much, so let me know if you need more help.

What's good about this game (the demo anyway) is the battles get progressively tougher but there's breathing room in between them and if you die (you will:) - even on easy) you reload at the beginning of that battle. You also find better weapons as you move along.

Have fun.

Avoid the online game rental company Gottaplay.com like your life depended on it. I wish I had read some online reviews of it before I signed up. Unfortunately, it's completely turned me off all similar services for renting games.

I didn't know that about that one. But Gamefly is actually pretty good. You keep the games as long as you want, and their selection is pretty good. And if you like a game, you can buy it at a discounted price and they ship you the original box and paperwork. I bought a couple of games from them while with them, and will probably rejoin when I'm ready to try some new games. The one negative is that they were not all that fast getting games shipped out to you after you returned them. Netflix is instant ... one day back to them, one day back to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)