PS3 / MLB.TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Was wondering if anybody had had any success trying to view MLB.TV, NFL, or WWE media players on their PS3 system? I routinely watch 80's music videos with no problem on the PS3 and the girl is regularly watching the Young and Restless on CBS with no problem. In fact, we recently dropped back to the AT100 on DISH from the AT250 (because of watching YouTube and other videos through the PS3 regularly). The only lags seem to come when someone is using the Internet on another computer while viewing the videos.

I'm wondering if this might be somewhat of an alternative to MLB Extra Innings for me... (I have DISH and don't currently have any plans to change my service).

Cade

I don't know about that. I would be hesitant to try something sophisticated like MLB.Tv on Sony's web browser. The browser can handle basic Flash video stuff, but not much else.

Does the PS3 work like the Roku box when streaming MLB.TV? If it does netflix, doesn't it also do mlb.tv?
PS3 does Netflix via a separate Disc. It doesn't do instant streaming through the web browser. The PS3 browser is not very sophisticated.

Yeah... pretty much basic Flash support only like Youtube. I would seriously doubt if it could handle mlb.com. It did do Hulu.com for awhile till the suits blocked access from any consoles.

If I were an MLB.tv sub, and I didn't have one already, I'd definitely get a Roku. Will even do games in HD from what I understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)