PS3 Wireless Connectivity

BMcKen1912

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Mississippi
I have horrible problems with my PS3 connecting and staying connected to my home network. Everything else I have on the my network (Laptop, Xbox 360, Wii, Tivo's) all connect with no problems.

I'm using a Linksys Wireless Router. I was wondering if there is anything I would need to do to help it connect. Like opening any certain ports or anything.

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have horrible problems with my PS3 connecting and staying connected to my home network. Everything else I have on the my network (Laptop, Xbox 360, Wii, Tivo's) all connect with no problems.

I'm using a Linksys Wireless Router. I was wondering if there is anything I would need to do to help it connect. Like opening any certain ports or anything.

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you change the ssid and turn off SSID broadcast. Lots of people have had trouble until they did that.

What is SSID broadcast?

SSID is your Wireless Network name. Its setup in your router. You should always change it so your name is different then others or the systems may negotiate with the wrong system. You should turn off SSID Broadcast which means the router will NOT announce to the world who it is. This is done about every 15 seconds and for some reason is reported to be causing the PS3 to disconnect. Since you are turning this off, you will have to put tell your PS3 what SSID you want to connect to.

You should do this anyway so that no one can just drive by and sniff out your wireless network by it's SSID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts