PS3's Does ANYBODY still want one?

If you were to open to eyes just a little you would see it's all about to come crashing down for Sony.

You guys kill me. What is the problem with having multiple game systems out on the market (besides console exclusives)? Competition between consoles is a good thing. This is how newer technology is introduced into the market. Just think where we would be today if Intel was the only processor manufacture? You would be browsing the web with first generation Pentium processor (if you were lucky). Having competition in the gaming market will only bring better products in the future.

EDIT: Quote was created before original post was edited.

This really belongs in the other thread. You misread the deal from Amazon but so did I. The went on sale between 7am and 11am PST (I thought it was EST). They could have been for sale as early as 10am EST but I don't know when Amazon released them. Regardless your analysis is again based on optimism and little else.

what deal did I misread? and how do you know this? according to a forum I visit it went up around 2 eastern, and was closed around 2:40 eastern. Also how does this belong in the other thread, this is a thread talking about sales of a Ps3, also why do you hate sony so much, and the Ps3, there is nothing at all wrong with the system...why follow me around and quote me and post all this gloom.........and how is my analysis based on optimisim? because I said it looks good that it sold out around 30 minutes time? come on man, stop trying to pick fights, enjoy this forum, instead of bashing.

what deal did I misread? and how do you know this? according to a forum I visit it went up around 2 eastern, and was closed around 2:40 eastern. Also how does this belong in the other thread, this is a thread talking about sales of a Ps3, also why do you hate sony so much, and the Ps3, there is nothing at all wrong with the system...why follow me around and quote me and post all this gloom.........and how is my analysis based on optimisim? because I said it looks good that it sold out around 30 minutes time? come on man, stop trying to pick fights, enjoy this forum, instead of bashing.

Cause the other thread was about PS3s for sale on Amazon. Anyways we can agree that the PS3 was available on Amazon for at least 40 minutes. The Wii sold out in less than 20 seconds. Still think it's great news for the PS3?

http://www.samdanielson.com/2006/12/29/getting-the-nintendo-wii-with-ruby-almost

You guys kill me. What is the problem with having multiple game systems out on the market (besides console exclusives)? Competition between consoles is a good thing. This is how newer technology is introduced into the market. Just think where we would be today if Intel was the only processor manufacture? You would be browsing the web with first generation Pentium processor (if you were lucky). Having competition in the gaming market will only bring better products in the future.

EDIT: Quote was created before original post was edited.

Which guys are you referring to? I made the statement (and took it back cause I really am not trying to start arguments) and I stand by it. I don't hate Sony or the Ps3. We are all trying to make predictions here. My prediction is that PS3 is about to be exposed in terms of low demand. Some people here don't believe that is the case.

Cause the other thread was about PS3s for sale on Amazon. Anyways we can agree that the PS3 was available on Amazon for at least 40 minutes. The Wii sold out in less than 20 seconds. Still think it's great news for the PS3?

http://www.samdanielson.com/2006/12/29/getting-the-nintendo-wii-with-ruby-almost

I am not going to start a back and forth with you, this will be my last post, but why are you bringing in wii sales in a ps3 sales thread? I really dont think this belongs here and should be deleted like alot of your other posts, it just dosent fit. have a great night posty mc post.

I am not going to start a back and forth with you, this will be my last post, but why are you bringing in wii sales in a ps3 sales thread? I really dont think this belongs here and should be deleted like alot of your other posts, it just dosent fit. have a great night posty mc post.

if I remember correctly the 360 only sold 600,000 before the new years in american, where the ps3 according to last esitmates is over 700,00 for america.

You start by bringing up PS3 vs 360 sales and then call me out when I use figures about Wii sales? How do think a debate works?

You start by bringing up PS3 vs 360 sales and then call me out when I use figures about Wii sales? How do think a debate works?

I'm sorry I should have cleaned up that post a little, I am not at 100% tonight as I have a severe respitory infection, and have to be hooked up to a heart monitor for my heart palpatations. I was trying to point out that Sony is doing a great job at keeping stock in the stores meaning you will see some sitting on shelves for maybe an hour or so (but we all agree that the wii is selling like hot cakes at 250 who wouuldnt want one :) ), I wasnt trying to introduce 360 into this thread, sorry for the confusion, that is my fault and thank you for pointing that out.

I'm sorry I should have cleaned up that post a little, I am not at 100% tonight as I have a severe respitory infection, and have to be hooked up to a heart monitor for my heart palpatations. I was trying to point out that Sony is doing a great job at keeping stock in the stores meaning you will see some sitting on shelves for maybe an hour or so (but we all agree that the wii is selling like hot cakes at 250 who wouuldnt want one :) ), I wasnt trying to introduce 360 into this thread, sorry for the confusion, that is my fault and thank you for pointing that out.

I'm surprised your head didn't explode when you wrote this. You can't have it both ways Stuart. Please learn about supply and demand.

Which guys are you referring to? I made the statement (and took it back cause I really am not trying to start arguments) and I stand by it. I don't hate Sony or the Ps3. We are all trying to make predictions here. My prediction is that PS3 is about to be exposed in terms of low demand. Some people here don't believe that is the case.

I am referring to everybody that is bashing either game system without all the proper facts. You say that the Wii sold out in 20 seconds but the PS3 took 40. Where are the numbers that show how many of each system was sold. This is only 1/2 of the story if you don't have all the numbers. Also everybody is saying how the 360 performed better over the holiday season but I have yet to see any numbers that help prove this fact. The only fact is that some people can find the PS3 now and they couldn't find the 360 a year ago. Well if they produced a few hundred thousand more PS3's that could tell part of the story. Also a big part of the story is the PS3 going against the Wii during the holliday. The Wii is a new and different and is drawing in a lot of new gamers into the mix.

Oh and by the way I would think it was a good thing for Sony if the PS3 sells out even if it is in 40min. A sell out is a sell out now matter how long it takes. Sony still sold the same amount of systems.

I am referring to everybody that is bashing either game system without all the proper facts. You say that the Wii sold out in 20 seconds but the PS3 took 40. Where are the numbers that show how many of each system was sold. This is only 1/2 of the story if you don't have all the numbers. Also everybody is saying how the 360 performed better over the holiday season but I have yet to see any numbers that help prove this fact. The only fact is that some people can find the PS3 now and they couldn't find the 360 a year ago. Well if they produced a few hundred thousand more PS3's that could tell part of the story. Also a big part of the story is the PS3 going against the Wii during the holliday. The Wii is a new and different and is drawing in a lot of new gamers into the mix.

Oh and by the way I would think it was a good thing for Sony if the PS3 sells out even if it is in 40min. A sell out is a sell out now matter how long it takes. Sony still sold the same amount of systems.

I agree with everything you say here. If you look at the Video Game dept sales rank you'll see 20gb PS3 ranked #4 and Wii ranked #7. So the amount sold were comparable. We aren't talking 10,000 Ps3's vs 100 Wii's. About the last paragraph I would say these are some of the first Ps3's available on the national market at retail price. Anything short of a sell out would have been absolutely dire.

Yes part of the issue here is that no official numbers have been released recently. This is mostly speculation. That's the point. Personal feelings don't have to be involved but it's obviously something that effects people strongly (including me).

Last edited:
I'm surprised your head didn't explode when you wrote this. You can't have it both ways Stuart. Please learn about supply and demand.
Speaing of PS3's here in Connecticut there seems to be a supply but no demand, we went to Wal Mart tonight and they also had them in the case.

Can't find a WII anywhere. Also according to my friend at WalMart XBOX360s are moving good (in fact they were out of them tonight when we were there).

I don't have anything against Sony, in fact not to long ago I purchased a new SXRD HDTV from Sony. But so far the PS3 does not offer anything to me which makes it seem better then the PS2, there at this time is not even one game out which would make me want to get it to play on a PS3.

I could care less about BluRay at this point in time, to be honest I have a HD DVD drive and have hardly watched any HD DVD's. Not that there is anything wrong with HD DVD but just havent had the time to sit down and watch movies lately, and with a PS3, it still wouldnt give me the time to watch movies eaither. :)

It only makes sense to buy a PS3, right now, if you want a Blu-ray player that happens to play games. Everyone else should wait for a price-drop and a library of must-have games.

Speaing of PS3's here in Connecticut there seems to be a supply but no demand, we went to Wal Mart tonight and they also had them in the case.

Can't find a WII anywhere. Also according to my friend at WalMart XBOX360s are moving good (in fact they were out of them tonight when we were there).

I don't have anything against Sony, in fact not to long ago I purchased a new SXRD HDTV from Sony. But so far the PS3 does not offer anything to me which makes it seem better then the PS2, there at this time is not even one game out which would make me want to get it to play on a PS3.

I could care less about BluRay at this point in time, to be honest I have a HD DVD drive and have hardly watched any HD DVD's. Not that there is anything wrong with HD DVD but just havent had the time to sit down and watch movies lately, and with a PS3, it still wouldnt give me the time to watch movies eaither. :)
Scott I gotta say that is backwards at my walmart, in fact, the 360's didnt sell at all, they put a fifty dollar gift card for it this christmas season, and I didnt see it move fast, the wii was a hot item, and the ps3, both of those systems didnt make it to the display, all sold as they were being carried out...the only thing I did see was a Ps3 (60) was in the display case today as I went back to automotive, but was gone by the time I got back, two minutes tops, later. now as far as how many they got in I dont know, but by usual shipment numbers it had to be around 10 ps3's.

i went to best buy to buy a wii points card. they had no wii or no point cards. they had a sign saying they had the ps3 60 gig in stock.

Just to update my previous post, the target I was at yesterday that had 10, now has 12 PS3's, all 60gb versions. They also had 1 Wii which was being looked at by someone. They had almost no Wii games, plenty of PS3 games.

They also had 3 xbox 360's Premium and two of them were in the process of being bought.

All I know is that the PS3s in the internet stores get sold out pretty fast:

Amazon.com $600 Sony Playstation 3 (60 GB) SOLD OUT
BestBuy.com $600 Sony Playstation 3 (60 GB) SOLD OUT
CircuitCity.com $600 Sony Playstation 3 (60 GB) SOLD OUT
LondonDrugs.com $600 Sony Playstation 3 (60 GB) SOLD OUT
Target.com $600 Sony Playstation 3 (60 GB) SOLD OUT
WalMart.com $600 Sony Playstation 3 (60 GB) SOLD OUT

Local EB Games here....can't keep the PS3's in have about 30 360's not moving according to the manager. No Wii's in sight, most people still asking about the Wii's

Wife and I picked up a steak for lunch, stopped by Best Buy, and there was a 60 GB sitting on the shelf, I walked around the store once, came back and it was gone, there was about 3 people in the section buying games, so around here it seems to be selling well....just weird only certain parts of the country are selling it while others are not.

I have to agree with Stuart. The demand here in NE Ohio seems to skewed more towards the Wii and PS3. With the Wii taking the number 1 slot over the PS3.

I ended up getting the 360 this Christmas. The local Best Buy was even throwing in 2 games for free (Need For Speed:Most Wanted and Ghost Recon). That in itself should say something about how bad they wanted to sell them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts