PS3's Does ANYBODY still want one?

the new best buy ad has them advertised with a minimum of 25 per store. They are supposed to be giving out tickets 1 hour b4 the store opens,i may drive over there to see if there is a line. I was thinking of getting one but was leaning towards waiting till july for a BD gift. Also Circuit city is advertising madden 07 & call of duty 3 for ps3 for 44.99 to those that are interested

This is really a crazy argument. The Wii and PS3 are two totally different systems and aren't really competing with each other. PS3 is a hard core game system while the Wii is an innovative new way of playing interactive games. I have no doubt that many PS3 and 360 owners will have a Wii on their shelf also.

However, the fact remains that I can buy a PS3 system on the internet and in many stores right now (not counting ebay) while the Wii is just about impossible.

In case you don't believe me:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5303667
http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4753969/ctid/19/INstock/Y/D//SkuNo/984394

Not many people want to spend the money on a bundle. Even if I was looking for a PS3 and wanted one badly, I would have to pass on both of those bundles.

This is really a crazy argument. The Wii and PS3 are two totally different systems and aren't really competing with each other. PS3 is a hard core game system while the Wii is an innovative new way of playing interactive games. I have no doubt that many PS3 and 360 owners will have a Wii on their shelf also.

However, the fact remains that I can buy a PS3 system on the internet and in many stores right now (not counting ebay) while the Wii is just about impossible.

In case you don't believe me:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5303667
http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4753969/ctid/19/INstock/Y/D//SkuNo/984394

I dont think bundles count, as pointed out, not many people are interested in bundles at this stage of the game.

Nongamer here:

I can't help but wonder- has the Wii really come up with a new approach, or is it a fad? Will it still be selling strong a year from now, or be outdated?

I think that Nintendo may have something with this one. Just seeing what you can do with Wii sports makes me wonder what the next set of games will contain.

My wife had called me up right before Christmas and asked if I wanted a PS 3. Walmart had them in but was selling them in a bundle that was going for over $1,000. I said no way....too much money. I'm so happy with my XBOX 360 it isn't even worth it for me to invest in the PS3.

Stopped at the local Wally after work tonight to pick up an extra 360 controller and a game for the kids. There were 4-5 PS 3s in the case. I never saw a 360 in the case in the first 6 months of it's release. Now, whether this is a supply or demand issue, I don't have a clue. Just an observation!

Went to GameStop today to trade in a couple 360 games and get some new/used ones. They had 3 PS'3s for sale, all 3 were returned unopened the sales lady said. Probably ebay speculators. They have a wait list of 20 people for a Wii.

Btw, let me add that in addition to my earlier posts about the PS3's at target, the town I live in has a seasonal college population of almost 60,000 studients (heavy gamers with disposable income). The two largest cities have about 100,000 people between them and 250,000 in the county. Just an observation that if the PS3 is for teens and young adults, this area would seem ideal for PS3 sales with an approxiamte 80,000 (low estimate) potential customers. Ok, so lets say half are non-gamers or even 3/4. That still leaves plenty of people in the demographic of the PS3 that are not scooping up all the PS3's that I am seeing in the area.

Last edited:
I dont think bundles count, as pointed out, not many people are interested in bundles at this stage of the game.

My point was that Wii bundles are still selling out. PS3 are not.

If you do include ebay, you can get the PS3 for retail or even less.

Last edited:
My point was that Wii bundles are still selling out. PS3 are not.

If you do include ebay, you can get the PS3 for retail or even less.

wii bundles are still cheap enough to buy($400-$600) while PS3 bundles are just simply dumb ($900-$1200), why would people have to get games like NBA07, Gundam, Marvel Alliance,..etc for them to get a ps3? I'd rather wait for consoles to be available and some great games too.

wii bundles are still cheap enough to buy($400-$600) while PS3 bundles are just simply dumb ($900-$1200), why would people have to get games like NBA07, Gundam, Marvel Alliance,..etc for them to get a ps3? I'd rather wait for consoles to be available and some great games too.

thats what I was getting at.

by the way Happy New Year everyone! be safe out there.

Wal-mart, Circuit City, and EB Games all have PS3's available in my area. Every time I see one I think about picking it up just to have it and for some Blu-ray movies, but it's just a little too expensive.

Happy New Year all of you, btw I think Sony did an amazing job getting around 1.5million-2million(in both Japan and NA) consoles in store before January 1st after all the problems they had the first weeks, Microsoft couldn't pull that off last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts